Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to rid this board of infantile nicknames for other clubs.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The sort of crass, pathetic nicknames that you would never say out loud, because if you did you would be (rightly) assumed to have a mental age of about 14.

So if you would never use them in company, why use them on here? Really, why would you?

The sort of things I mean are Palarse, Manure, Scumhampton, Borient, Wet Sham, Stains, Spuds and probably countless others. Frankly, it's just embarrassing. In future, anyone using these and/or others should be banned immediately and permanently. (Unless of course they are aged 14 or under).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The sort of crass, pathetic nicknames that you would never say out loud, because if you did you would be (rightly) assumed to have a mental age of about 14.

So if you would never use them in company, why use them on here? Really, why would you?

The sort of things I mean are Palarse, Manure, Scumhampton, Borient, Wet Sham, Stains, Spuds and probably countless others. Frankly, it's just embarrassing. In future, anyone using these and/or others should be banned immediately and permanently. (Unless of course they are aged 14 or under).

Can we keep the Palarse ones please ?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Been saying it for YEARS. It's so f***ing cringey.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Agreed, I may say many stupid things on here which i willhold my hands up too but rarely use these infantile names for clubs. If you said them in a pub out loud you would quite rightly look a prize cock of the highest order.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Just unbelievable. And this is a message board where utterly embarrassing threads like 'World's Hardest Creature' are contributed to by grown men showing no signs of maturity whatsoever.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
miserble bastards

Palarse
Scumhampton
Portscum

always used and will FOREVER be used by me and others, on NSC and out loud in public...DEAL WITH IT!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Oh do f*** off you miserable wankers- this is the perfect forum for ridiculous names...

Lighten up

Sep 1, 2010
If it winds you up THAT much..............I don't really care either way. If you take anything serious on NSC then you shouldn't be reading it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm looking forward to beating POOtsmouth next week

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
If it's really that much of an issue, surely the Mods can censor these nicknames?

It'll also encourage us to be more creative too.

:)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agreed.

It also becomes confusing at times when people use "the scum" to refer to Palace, Portsmouth, and Southampton at various points in a thread

No different to what they call us.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Historically Southampton are called scum by Portsmouth for strike breaking in Portsmouth Docks. Portsmouth are also traditionally called Skates as they are said to use them for sexual purposes. :blush: Er fact.

Jerryatric

NSC Patron
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
I am not 14 or under; I am 65 or older, and fully intend to continue using childish names.

Get a life, mate!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Can i still use CR***A* P*****? Oh yes, i can, because do you know what? I am old enough to make my own mind up as to what words i use to describe other clubs.
I dont need your permission or anyone elses. Palace call us the Weed or Seaweed, which isnt any better or worse than what we call them other clubs have other nicknames for us too, mostly homophobic but who really cares? So why dont you go on all the other boards and see how your campaign goes there? Or you could just get over yourself, if you dont like it then football message boards probably arent for you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here