Campaign to rid this board of infantile nicknames for other clubs.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The sort of crass, pathetic nicknames that you would never say out loud, because if you did you would be (rightly) assumed to have a mental age of about 14.

So if you would never use them in company, why use them on here? Really, why would you?

The sort of things I mean are Palarse, Manure, Scumhampton, Borient, Wet Sham, Stains, Spuds and probably countless others. Frankly, it's just embarrassing. In future, anyone using these and/or others should be banned immediately and permanently. (Unless of course they are aged 14 or under).

What a lot of codswallop.
Scummers, Pompeyscum,Palarse, Manure etc etc all OK by me. The names that is, not the clubs.

End this ridiculously PC thread, now.

TNBA

TTF

Sep 1, 2010
It's just opinions, i generally don't use names like those used but could not care less if they are, i would say it's equally infantile to be offended by them and feel the need to start a bloody campaign about it to be honest

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm looking forward to beating POOtsmouth next week
I think you mean POORtsmouth. Although you can call Newcastle POOcastle. Anyway, someone said the Swinedon game is on telly, might go and watch that.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
OI, World's Hardest Creature is a thread appreciating the strength and will to survive that the Animal Kingdom has shown in the form of animals like the honey badger, black-bellied hamster and the crocodile.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's LIKE someone REPEATING the same JOKE over and OVER again which WASN'T funny in the FIRST place

:angry::angry::angry:

Exactly the same as you with Dick Knight then

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree with Bry, I was thinking this the other day. It's not about outlawing humour, or banning any sort of banter. It's more that the names used are just so LAME, and make people look distinctly small time.

Palarse, CR***A* P*****, Manure, Excreta, Wet Sham, Poopey, Borient, Ipshit, Hartlepoo, Boremuff...they're the sort of thing a six year old would be amused at. By all means INSULT other teams, but at least come up with some vaguely witty or topical way of doing it. The shittest of all is taking a team name and simply replacing part of it with "scum" or some such rubbish ...Chelscum, Tottenscum...FFS, it really is poor.

(Ironically, the only one I've ever found mildly amusing or witty is the use of the term Seaweed or just Weed to describe us. At least it kind of works and is an rather effective play on our name).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
miserble bastards

Palarse
Scumhampton
Portscum

always used and will FOREVER be used by me and others, on NSC and out loud in public...DEAL WITH IT!

Oh do f*** off you miserable wankers- this is the perfect forum for ridiculous names...

Lighten up

If it winds you up THAT much..............I don't really care either way. If you take anything serious on NSC then you shouldn't be reading it.

I am not 14 or under; I am 65 or older, and fully intend to continue using childish names.

Get a life, mate!

Shuv your campaign up your arse along with the saddos who support it.

What a lot of codswallop.
Scummers, Pompeyscum,Palarse, Manure etc etc all OK by me. The names that is, not the clubs.

End this ridiculously PC thread, now.

TNBA

TTF

All of this.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
The sort of crass, pathetic nicknames that you would never say out loud, because if you did you would be (rightly) assumed to have a mental age of about 14.

So if you would never use them in company, why use them on here? Really, why would you?

The sort of things I mean are Palarse, Manure, Scumhampton, Borient, Wet Sham, Stains, Spuds and probably countless others. Frankly, it's just embarrassing. In future, anyone using these and/or others should be banned immediately and permanently. (Unless of course they are aged 14 or under).

Banned is a little severe in a land of free speech that all advocate on here. So for example, if you say the word borient rather than Orient, its in your opinion a case of lock them up and throw away the keys. Given your previous posts of which most make sense, are you still suffering a new year hangover ?? Listen I will and I'm sure many others will continue as we always have slating other teams, its not a love fest.....Perfect example, Pompey are on their way soon, I give it 5 mins max before the gay chants. Thank god you are back at school soon

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's nothing to do with being PC, by the way, I am fully supportive of any and all attempts to denigrate the likes of Pompey and Palace.

I just prefer not to do it in a manner that a toddler would consider old hat. I always imagine the users of such terms to be sitting at their keyboards tee-heeing at themselves as they type "Manure"..."it's funny because it looks a bit like Man Utd and it's Manure and manure is like poo and it's smelly haha".

I mean "Portscum". How the hell does that work, in any kind of coherent way? Oh, we stuck the word "Scum" on the end of "Port", BRILLIANT.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Pompey are on their way soon, I give it 5 mins max before the gay chants. Thank god you are back at school soon

Absolutely no way will it take them 5 minutes. I reckon within the first 2 minutes from kick off, but possibly even before the gne starts.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think users should be banned as such, nor, I'm sure, does Bry if he's really honest, I just think I could do without all the juvenile name calling, that's all.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Opps - wrong emergency service :blush:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
my god there are some PATHETIC people on this board, its like we're in the playground at school and someones got upset because he was called a Silly Billy.....GET OVER IT you morons seriously!

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Agreed.

It also becomes confusing at times when people use "the scum" to refer to Palace, Portsmouth, and Southampton at various points in a thread

Just for the record, how old are you.....then it may answer your own question

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports