Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to rid this board of infantile nicknames for other clubs.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I had a nice long bath this morning and chuckled warmly around 18 times when i unleashed some crack-and-sac ticklers, whilst counting in seconds the bubble of guff that would last longest and thinking that perhaps there's one that won't until i pull the plug, it sending an eyewaterer at me then when i am most unexpecting. I am 35.
I don't use these silly terms, but i don't think i could claim any level of maturity that would insist on their banning. And Brovian is my favourite poster of the day with his input.
We're all a bit silly, aren't we?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Agreed, I may say many stupid things on here which i willhold my hands up too but rarely use these infantile names for clubs. If you said them in a pub out loud you would quite rightly look a prize cock of the highest order.[/QUOTE

Only if you were drinking in one of THEIR local pubs

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Jeeeez what is happening to Brighton fans, are these boring fuckers from Brighton.

Cannedheat......been reading this board for years so decided to dip my toes in the water....Seems all the cut throats are just waiting to pounce when you even dare to mention that OUR team may have had a bad game.Having been a season ticket holder for approx 20 years (incl the kent shithole) these kids (newbies) are now starting to get on my tits and clearly yours

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Great result against SEXETER this afternoon.

LOL

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
The sort of crass, pathetic nicknames that you would never say out loud, because if you did you would be (rightly) assumed to have a mental age of about 14.

So if you would never use them in company, why use them on here? Really, why would you?

The sort of things I mean are Palarse, Manure, Scumhampton, Borient, Wet Sham, Stains, Spuds and probably countless others. Frankly, it's just embarrassing. In future, anyone using these and/or others should be banned immediately and permanently. (Unless of course they are aged 14 or under).

Agreed. Its pathetic. "Palarse" - dear me. The worst I remember was when this board used to be full of Leicester fans slagging off Peter Taylor when we first got him. Everyone was calling them "Less Turd". Jesus wept.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
It's nothing to do with being PC, by the way, I am fully supportive of any and all attempts to denigrate the likes of Pompey and Palace.

I just prefer not to do it in a manner that a toddler would consider old hat. I always imagine the users of such terms to be sitting at their keyboards tee-heeing at themselves as they type "Manure"..."it's funny because it looks a bit like Man Utd and it's Manure and manure is like poo and it's smelly haha".

I mean "Portscum". How the hell does that work, in any kind of coherent way? Oh, we stuck the word "Scum" on the end of "Port", BRILLIANT.

You need a girlfriend to relieve that tension !!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Time to rename this board as 'Nuff Said Chaps ?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
[/U]
I don't think users should be banned as such, nor, I'm sure, does Bry if he's really honest, I just think I could do without all the juvenile name calling, that's all.

This was his statement as the thread opener

The sort of crass, pathetic nicknames that you would never say out loud, because if you did you would be (rightly) assumed to have a mental age of about 14.

So if you would never use them in company, why use them on here? Really, why would you?

The sort of things I mean are Palarse, Manure, Scumhampton, Borient, Wet Sham, Stains, Spuds and probably countless others. Frankly, it's just embarrassing. In future, anyone using these and/or others should be banned immediately and permanently. (Unless of course they are aged 14 or under).

Bry needs to to go home to think again !!Didnt go to game today but commentators were bang in the middle of Exeter fans and you could hear them shouting, gay boys, gay boys...Its called banter and without it the game will die a slow death. If you dont like it, then go find another forum. I think its time to close this thread.....

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just for the record, how old are you.....then it may answer your own question
I'm sorry Jimbo you're going to have to run that past me again. What on earth has his age got to do with making the point that the word 'scum' does get over-used when thinking up derogatory names?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[/U]

This was his statement as the thread opener

Re-read Edna's post - she's suggesting that he probably didn't mean it.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I think people should be able to choose what to post, if you don't like it or think its childish then tough, its called the internet you precious darlings. I can take it or leave it really, I can't get any enthusiasm to call for certain words to be banned - bloody ridiculous request.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Town fans refer to Bradford as bradscum or sadford.

Bit childish really. Should just be " that bunch of losers heading conference wise" but it's a bit long to yell that out...

Btw, after charlton,s result, backs up the theory that if Calder handn,t tried to decapitate that blokes legs, we would have mullered em

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think you mean POORtsmouth. Although you can call Newcastle POOcastle. Anyway, someone said the Swinedon game is on telly, might go and watch that.
POORtsmouth doesn't work out loud though, that's just their name.

I'll just call them wankers.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I'm sorry Jimbo you're going to have to run that past me again. What on earth has his age got to do with making the point that the word 'scum' does get over-used when thinking up derogatory names?

I'm trying to find an insight into his mentality, if he's a young lad/girl and hasnt travelled up and down the country with our team, especially up North then fair play to that young person for speaking out in this land of free speech about something they feels strongly about. On the flip-side if like me you've visited most of the grounds all over the country, I'll think you'll find the banter on here is way, way nicer than we experience at away games. Simple point made, and as said before without banter football would be nothing

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Surely ONE of the big plus points of this board is you can say many things you wouldn't necessarily say in real life.

Why are some little people such utter Flids and Spackers about this fact ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here