Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cabaye

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just seems really strange that Pardew wants to sign a player who refused to play for him and newcastle after throwing toys out of the pram and
Going on strike, maybe a chairman signing again?
Yeah I'm sure Al didn't want him .

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Maybe he forgave and as he was not happy with him a few years back, but as we know football owners and managers only care about winning football matches and money, greed and tantrums go out the window and that is not a dig a your lot, that's premiership clubs in general.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Just seems really strange that Pardew wants to sign a player who refused to play for him and newcastle after throwing toys out of the pram and

According to a Geordie mate, it was Mike Ashley who Cabaye fell out with after certain promises had been broken. Pardew never had a problem with him.

Although I hate to say it, this is a pretty good signing for Palace and just highlights even further the current gulf between us, a gulf that will only get wider if they stay up this season and we remain in the Championship. Unfortunately, nothing I've seen so far this summer convinces me that we're in any position to challenge for the top ten, let alone a play-off place.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012

According to a Geordie mate, it was Mike Ashley who Cabaye fell out with after certain promises had been broken. Pardew never had a problem with him.

Although I hate to say it, this is a pretty good signing for Palace and just highlights even further the current gulf between us, a gulf that will only get wider if they stay up this season and we remain in the Championship. Unfortunately, nothing I've seen so far this summer convinces me that we're in any position to challenge for the top ten, let alone a play-off place.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Think if you do a search for Cabaye Newcastle Pardew think he made some comments re him striking that did not sound very nice, but I am it was Mike Ashley's doing re refusing a transfer. Think Palace have to ask themselves do they want a player who in the past went on strike when he does get his own way, personally I would not want him, but all about opinions.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bit of sour grapes on here. What a great signing for Palace, one of their best ever (if not the best). World-class player. Just shows once again how timing is everything and how financial fate can hinge on a key moment or two...one shit home play-off performance, Zaha wakes up after five months sleep-walking, Speroni finger-tip save onto the bar. That night changed the respective fortunes of the two clubs for a good few years, but we all suspected that even at the time.

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
image.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just under 2 years ago, Arsenal had a bid of £10m rejected for Cabaye.

Just hits home what a good signing this is. They've now got two great free kick takers in Puncheon and Cabaye which, if your a more limited team (i.e not your top 8 teams which can rely on a constant stream of technical football to break down a defence), then that is a massive boost.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, he would smash the Championship if Palace went down. Let's all hope he gets a chance to do just that.

I think he's more likely to be playing in Euro 2016 than the Championship next year

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Great signing, no doubt about that. But i'd personally be very concerned with my club spendinf 100K a week if i was a Palace fan.

I would be but we're not paying that .

Just wanted to say thanks to Brighton after all our success is kind of down to you for not turning up for the play off semi.
That has enabled us to flourish at the expense of our poor lower league rivals and to amass untold zillons for being in the top half of the Premier and to finish 11th and 10th.
Jealous as always eh?
Any takers for a £100 remf bet that we finish inside the top 10?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here