Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cabaye

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Am I going mad, but is this not the player that went on strike at Newcastle and refused to play as he wanted a move?Was not Pardew the manager then? apologies if I am wrong, but think I would give Palace credit for is a good togetherness in their squad, he sounds like trouble to me. Good player though.

Yep http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23829069
Could be the reason PSG want rid of him at a knock down price.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This. It's a match made in heaven. They've both got no class.

Calm down , we haven't signed him yet . There's a lot of negotiations still to go and we are wide of the mark ATM . He wants £100 k a week and we are only prepared to offer a penny to the pound . There's a few more twists and turns to this one .

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Calm down , we haven't signed him yet . There's a lot of negotiations still to go and we are wide of the mark ATM . He wants £100 k a week and we are only prepared to offer a penny to the pound . There's a few more twists and turns to this one .

Come off it Douglas, Can't-buye's agent has finally rumbled that you're actually Crystal Palace and not London giants West Ham. The game's up.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Come off it Douglas, Can't-buye's agent has finally rumbled that you're actually Crystal Palace and not London giants West Ham. The game's up.

"Sigh" you could be correct botty . Who can resist that athletics stadium .

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That would be a pretty brilliant signing for Palace. Great player.

Oh, I mean "rah rah rah. They are scum. He is scum. They have no class. rah rah rah".

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This. If we were in the Premier League for the 3rd season on the bounce, earning millions from Sky and signing French internationals for £10m I'd be absolutely buzzing.

In a nutshell Darren :wink:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
200k a week for Cabaye and Austin, to weaken Palace as a side is brilliant stuff, I hope it happens.

Cabaye, really dosent depsite popular belief score goals, the odd free kick granted, and will weaken Palace centrally as he is a lazy sod increasing the load on Jedinak and whoever else it is you have in there.

And Austin will i think struggle to score the goals he did last year as he will largely be playing up front on his own, does not have the all round game or hold the ball up anything like Murray does, he wont have the likes of zamora doing the graft/donkey work for him, he needs a foil and struggles on his own in my opinion..

Just my opinion ofcourse.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
200k a week for Cabaye and Austin, to weaken Palace as a side is brilliant stuff, I hope it happens.

Cabaye, really dosent depsite popular belief score goals, the odd free kick granted, and will weaken Palace centrally as he is a lazy sod increasing the load on Jedinak and whoever else it is you have in there.

And Austin will i think struggle to score the goals he did last year as he will largely be playing up front on his own, does not have the all round game or hold the ball up anything like Murray does, he wont have the likes of zamora doing the graft/donkey work for him, he needs a foil and struggles on his own in my opinion..

You should write a football blog , you really know your stuff.
(just my opinion)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

:lolol:

Oh, this is serious.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

A really, really good try. I suppose you'd take Rohan Ince over Cabaye, and Baldock over Austin?

Also congratulations on pulling 200k/week from the depths of your arse :moo:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
A really, really good try. I suppose you'd take Rohan Ince over Cabaye, and Baldock over Austin?

200k seems rather a lot. What are you prepared to pay them, has Steve Parish told you yet Paddy?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne

I think its funny as well Cabaye is average i think at best in the premiership, i think your going to do a portsmouth if spending stupid money like this, it will come back and bite you.
Austin i dont think will sign for you as another year of battling relagation he will prefer if any ambition to goto a bigger club and no we couldnt afford 200k a week and we more intelligient than that so im pleased my club doesnt spend stupid money on okay players.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I think its funny as well Cabaye is average i think at best in the premiership, i think your going to do a portsmouth if spending stupid money like this, it will come back and bite you.
Austin i dont think will sign for you as another year of battling relagation he will prefer if any ambition to goto a bigger club and no we couldnt afford 200k a week and we more intelligient than that so im pleased my club doesnt spend stupid money on okay players.

As I'm sure you know, we haven't actually battled relegation in any of our Premier League seasons. We finished 11th in the first year, and 10th last year.

As for Cabaye being average... :dunce:

200k seems rather a lot. What are you prepared to pay them, has Steve Parish told you yet Paddy?

Informing me must have slipped his mind. He has said before though that simply staying up in the Premier League isn't good enough for us this season, and that we'll have to spend more money to secure ourselves as a top half team. I'd imagine we could stretch to 70k/week at the absolute maximum.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
As I'm sure you know, we haven't actually battled relegation in any of our Premier League seasons. We finished 11th in the first year, and 10th last year.

As for Cabaye being average... :dunce:

Informing me must have slipped his mind. He has said before though that simply staying up in the Premier League isn't good enough for us this season, and that we'll have to spend more money to secure ourselves as a top half team. I'd imagine we could stretch to 70k/week at the absolute maximum.

Has it not already been quoted that he is already on around £100K at PSG?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's a terrible world we live in when Palace can realistically sign players of the quality of Cabaye. The only silver lining is IF they really do pay him 100k a week along with giving Austin the same. There's only one place where that will end- admin no. 3.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Way too easy at times ;-)

The 200k was the only serious bit mind, Cabeye 100k and Austin 85k is what i beleived to be the numbers....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here