Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley Tickets

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Paul Barber dropped me a quick email on this to try and help the debate:

- we’ve minimised segregation to allow as many Albion fans as possible to attend Saturday’s game
- we are now all but sold out (there are now only a few doubles and a few single tickets available)
- around 29,300 tickets have been sold (Burnley will bring around 1500 fans)
- section S1E is not “all segregation” as some people seem to think; it’s 50% segregation
- Burnley fans will also be in B,C,D with Brighton fans and segregation occupying A
- we can’t compare our segregation levels to other stadia where there may be "just a line of stewards” as they’ve been operating for decades; we haven’t even held our safety certificate for 5 years yet!
- finally, segregation isn’t just about seating; it’s about services and facilities behind the seating (which will always limit flexibility. By comparison, however, we have some of the most flexible behind the scenes segregation in the UK).

So who is in the 50% of E that isn't segregation then?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

- we’ve minimised segregation to allow as many Albion fans as possible to attend Saturday’s game
- we are now all but sold out (there are now only a few doubles and a few single tickets available)
- section S1E is not “all segregation” as some people seem to think; it’s 50% segregation
- Burnley fans will also be in B,C,D with Brighton fans and segregation occupying A
- we can’t compare our segregation levels to other stadia where there may be "just a line of stewards” as they’ve been operating for decades; we haven’t even held our safety certificate for 5 years yet!
- finally, segregation isn’t just about seating; it’s about services and facilities behind the seating (which will always limit flexibility. By comparison, however, we have some of the most flexible behind the scenes segregation in the UK).

This is NOT a moan but how come we were allowed less segregation for the Wolves and Arsenal games, and were there issues which meant this policy had to be reviewed?

As it happens I think it might be sensible to have bigger segregation for Saturday as you never know what might happen in the heat of the moment given the context, opponents (northern stereotype alert) and the referee!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Does Paul Barber have a username on here, I wonder. I'd love it if he was actually BG.

About 60 seats left, of which 20 are family stand - this is going to be sold out. Is the ST exchange still operational? It's possible that one of our tickets may be available.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
30750 - 29300 = 1450 empty seats

Where will the 1450 seats be? S1E and?

Wow, That's one hell of a buffer zone.

I wonder if tickets sold include club complimentary tickets to guests etc.? Before you assume that there must be that many empty...

A quick follow-up from PB:

Our “official capacity” of 30,750 includes EVERY seat in the stadium….including press, TV, disabled, those allocated for staff and academy players/coaches, club sponsors, league sponsors, and for various other operational uses, so a crowd of 29,300 does not mean 1450 empty seats or 1450 seats taken for segregation.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm just a bit curious of how many supporters could actually practically get in the Amex?

The actual number of padded seats is likely to be a different figure.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Our “official capacity” of 30,750 includes EVERY seat in the stadium….including press, TV, disabled, those allocated for staff and academy players/coaches, club sponsors, league sponsors, and for various other operational uses, so a crowd of 29,300 does not mean 1450 empty seats or 1450 seats taken for segregation.

Pretty much what I thought, hence the 30,003 Wolves attendance (which turns out not have been 30,000). The Amex should be fit to almost bursting on saturday, I cannot wait!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Several people have mentioned on here that the crowd 30,003 v Wolves in 2013 was later changed or turned out not to be 30,003.

What do they mean ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm just a bit curious of how many supporters could actually practically get in the Amex?

The actual number of padded seats is likely to be a different figure.

Indeed, it would have been so much better if The Amex had never been built and the stadium was instead built where you wanted it, in Shoreham. :ffsparr:

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016

So can't these seats be released to us if Barber knows they'll not be taken?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Do the press, tv, staff etc. Numbers get included in the attendance figure given out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here