Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley, Everton or possibly Leeds

Who you THINK will be relegated (not necessarily who you want to drop).

• Burnley

Votes: 58 20.2%
  • Everton

Votes: 131 45.6%
  • Leeds

Votes: 98 34.1%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I feel like there's justification for wanting each of them to go down, so I think I'll enjoy whatever the footballing gods decide.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think Everton will lose today, but it could be the nature of the defeat that has the bigger impact. If they get thrashed then that could do for them mentally.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
As devastating for Everton relegation would be, it would be a chance to do the whole 'go down - rebuild squad - come back up with hungry new side' routine as they have looked fairly stale this season with obvious gaps in the team as well as having too many bang average players on what one would imagine are big salaries. A big clear out and a season or two in the second tier getting an identity back may be good for them.

Relegation wouldn't be so hard for Burnley with the very low budget they have to play with. It looks like they may be losing quite a few of their longstanding players as Vydra, Barnes, Mee, Tarkowski, Stephens and Cork, as well as a few others I believe are out of contract at the end of the season and are all 30+ except 29 year old Tarkowski.

I think relegation for Leeds would be the hardest. It looks like Phillips wants out and he is integral to their style of play. If they go down he is surely off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Burnley ought to make it now. The other two both have Arsenal AND Chelsea whereas Burnley have just Spurs out of top 4 contenders.

I'd much rather Everton or Leeds went down so was delighted to see Burnley win yesterday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Everton will lose today, but it could be the nature of the defeat that has the bigger impact. If they get thrashed then that could do for them mentally.

I have a nasty feeling that as Chelsea are going to finish in the top four anyway, they may not be averse to helping club legend Frank out….

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Burnley ought to make it now. The other two both have Arsenal AND Chelsea whereas Burnley have just Spurs out of top 4 contenders.

I'd much rather Everton or Leeds went down so was delighted to see Burnley win yesterday.

Oh dear. It’s getting very tight for Leeds Utd.

Looking at their fixtures, they really could be down. How incredibly funny that would be. The most entitled fans in the division, back in the Championship where the rest of the EPL want them!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Leeds really are going to need to beat us. It's going to be raining paper balls.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have a nasty feeling that as Chelsea are going to finish in the top four anyway, they may not be averse to helping club legend Frank out….

Looks like you were right.

What a great conspiracy theory. Chelsea will get a nice welcome at Elland Road on 11 May.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
However improbable it might seem, the loser (if there is one) of Brentford v Southampton next week might start bending their neck in a backwards direction, especially Saints as have guaranteed 0 points in following game against Liverpool. Brentford play Everton and Leeds in final two games so could be in the mix or kingmaker.

In their combined last 12 games (i.e. 4 each) Everton, Burnley and Leeds have lost just twice so there is reason to believe others may get sucked in. From memory, one team (West Ham?) has gone down with 40 points.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
However improbable it might seem, the loser (if there is one) of Brentford v Southampton next week might start bending their neck in a backwards direction, especially Saints as have guaranteed 0 points in following game against Liverpool. Brentford play Everton and Leeds in final two games so could be in the mix or kingmaker.

In their combined last 12 games (i.e. 4 each) Everton, Burnley and Leeds have lost just twice so there is reason to believe others may get sucked in. From memory, one team (West Ham?) has gone down with 40 points.

West Ham got relegated with 42 points in 02-03

The only other sides to be relegated with 40 since the PL reduced to 20 teams are Sunderland in 96-97 and Bolton 97-98.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Leeds go down maybe we could lend them another one of our reserves to help them back up.

#freevanhecke

Nah - keep Van Hecke with us - give them #freeleoskinostigard - a much better player than most rate him on here. Some even wanting to give him away! :facepalm:

Coventry fans would have kept him rather than Gyokeres (a leader of the line that other Championship teams have their eye on) but reckoned he was too good/expensive for them to have any hope of keeping him. A good season at Leeds, with all the coverage that would give, and he could be a £10M plus player for us to put on the market.

I think he might be out of contract in June - but I wouldn't be surprised if our savvy management team hadn't got some sort of built in extension if we want it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here