Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley, Everton or possibly Leeds

Who you THINK will be relegated (not necessarily who you want to drop).

• Burnley

Votes: 58 20.2%
  • Everton

Votes: 131 45.6%
  • Leeds

Votes: 98 34.1%

• Total voters

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If Everton do go down they are in massive financial trouble, I mean huge, not least because none of their players have relegation clauses in their contracts.

I read today if Burnley do down a huge chunk of a £67m loan will need repaid so they will be in huge trouble too.

As for Leeds, they will lose Phillips, Bamford, Rafina, their keeper as a minimum. They could be down for a decade or more.

It’s a tough one but I’m hoping for a Leeds relegation, not least because we could seal it.

Another interesting issue that has emerged is that (if I understand the document correctly), when Burnley sold Chris Wood to Newcastle they only got 50% of the transfer fee*, with the other 50% (ie, £12.5m) being due a year later. To "tide them over", Burnley then borrowed that £12.5m from Macquarie Bank. [*NB: I realise deferred payment terms are relatively normal, but in this case Burnley were negotiating with the richest club in world football, and on the face of it had them over a barrel....it seems their negotiating skills were rather lacking].

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Burnley ought to make it now. The other two both have Arsenal AND Chelsea whereas Burnley have just Spurs out of top 4 contenders.

I'd much rather Everton or Leeds went down so was delighted to see Burnley win yesterday.

I'm happy with any of them going down tbh, but aren't you just so FUUUUUUUUUU**ING bored of Burnley by now?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm happy with any of them going down tbh, but aren't you just so FUUUUUUUUUU**ING bored of Burnley by now?

Not particularly, to be honest. I tell you what I am bored of though - the Merseyside derby. The golf buddy pros on the BBC couch absolutely lap it up but for the rest of us it has to be the dullest game ever. If it's not a routine Liverpool win then it's a boring draw. Everton never ever win.

A pointless lop-sided affair that the rest of us will be glad to see the back of for a season or so.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Not particularly, to be honest. I tell you what I am bored of though - the Merseyside derby. The golf buddy pros on the BBC couch absolutely lap it up but for the rest of us it has to be the dullest game ever. If it's not a routine Liverpool win then it's a boring draw. Everton never ever win.

A pointless lop-sided affair that the rest of us will be glad to see the back of for a season or so.

Yeah, but when it comes back it'll be even worse.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If Everton do go down they are in massive financial trouble, I mean huge, not least because none of their players have relegation clauses in their contracts.

I read today if Burnley do down a huge chunk of a £67m loan will need repaid so they will be in huge trouble too.

As for Leeds, they will lose Phillips, Bamford, Rafina, their keeper as a minimum. They could be down for a decade or more.

It’s a tough one but I’m hoping for a Leeds relegation, not least because we could seal it.

If Everton go down, they will be in huge financial trouble. Happy with that.
If Burnley go down, they will be in huge financial trouble. Starting to feel a bit sorry for their fans, what with the leveraged buyout stuff.
If Leeds go down, I've no idea of the financial impact. It's just funny.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Ideally draws for both Everton and Burnley tonight would be good, not only for the fight at the bottom but it also keeps Palace and Villa away from us and gives us a better shout of top ten.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Tonight I'm very much a Burnley fan. I reckon a point against Villa would be enough to keep them up.
I can't see Leeds getting anything at Brentford on Sunday.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I agree. You don't HAVE to watch it though

I know all football fans have masochistic tendancies! :rolleyes:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Obviously, I have my preferences in the relegation stuff, but the best results are in the combination tonight and Sunday that gives us 8th and the most extra money in to the club. That means we beat West Ham again and Wolves lose to Liverpool as they surely should. Leicester get no more than a couple of draws (cheeky beggars wanting Sanchez), Palace don't win their last two and Bob's your uncle, we finish 8th on 51 points. Club records all round and more attractive to potential signings, keeping players. Once all that comes out the sorting hat, I'm still back to Everton first choice down, then Leeds, then Burnley.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Isn't that just the case.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Everton, Burnley and Chelsea to win tonight please.

That's the obvious answer.

Ideally Everton will win 10 or 11 nil, thus ruining Palace's goal difference advantage over us. Plus they would have lost 10 or 11 nil.

I don't care by how many Burnley win, any win will be enough to guarantee Villa finishing below us.

And if Chelsea could win by half a dozen or more against Leicester that would be good too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Come on Burnley.

Win tonight and albion as a minimum match their best ever league finishing position.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Come on Burnley.

Win tonight and albion as a minimum match their best ever league finishing position.

I've been thinking of this best ever finish stat. We finished 13th in a 22 team league. If we finish 13th this season that would be in a 20 team league which wouldn't be as good. By my very dodgy maths if we finish 12th weve effectively equaled it. 11th or above and we've beaten it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ideally draws for both Everton and Burnley tonight would be good, not only for the fight at the bottom but it also keeps Palace and Villa away from us and gives us a better shout of top ten.

Everton draw, Burnley and Chelsea wins, please.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I've been thinking of this best ever finish stat. We finished 13th in a 22 team league. If we finish 13th this season that would be in a 20 team league which wouldn't be as good. By my very dodgy maths if we finish 12th weve effectively equaled it. 11th or above and we've beaten it.

I would look at it, if we finish 10th, we're the 10th best team in England. That would be the case no matter how many teams are in the division

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here