Buckley/Stains

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
We have Lallana out injured atm and no real cover for him so this could have legs. It's pointless putting Ramirez out there as he's at his best in the middle. Punch plays down the right and has been a bit of a revelation this season... really stepped up to the mark! If we could get someone in to do a job whilst Lallana is out and also rotate with Puncheon I think we'd be in a good position continue scoring goals. Just need to shore up the defence with Davide Astori and one other!

I wouldn't mind seeing James Ward-Prowse at you guys! you play football the right way and he would no doubt improve your CM as a creative force... he just isn't getting the game time here atm.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I actualy think the opposite. We are no longer a tin pot noddy outfit in an Athletics stadium. We can command better fees for our best players if someone wants to buy them.

Actually I do agree that on NSC we do over value our players. These players we price at £5 million are untired in top flight football. Also we have to be realistic that the Albion are a selling club for the right price, no one at the Albion is worth over £3 Million.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I actualy think the opposite. We are no longer a tin pot noddy outfit in an Athletics stadium. We can command better fees for our best players if someone wants to buy them.

I agree completely but just think we have to be a touch realistic at the same time. People on here and Twitter expecting £8million for Buckley etc a year and a half after we paid £1million for him.

Thomas Ince looking like going to Liverpool for £6million (but with Liverpool knowing they get 35 per cent back because of previous sell on clause). Noone sold earlier for £1.6million. These should be used as context for what we could expect for him.

For anyone bored enough to look at it, I did a blog on this very subject the other day. CLICK HERE

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
We have Lallana out injured atm and no real cover for him so this could have legs. It's pointless putting Ramirez out there as he's at his best in the middle. Punch plays down the right and has been a bit of a revelation this season... really stepped up to the mark! If we could get someone in to do a job whilst Lallana is out and also rotate with Puncheon I think we'd be in a good position continue scoring goals. Just need to shore up the defence with Davide Astori and one other!

I wouldn't mind seeing James Ward-Prowse at you guys! you play football the right way and he would no doubt improve your CM as a creative force... he just isn't getting the game time here atm.

If by slow passing, no movement and the occasional long ball then yes we do play good football.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
We don't lack ambition as many have said, the ambition is consolidating our position in the championship and is far greater than pushing for promotion because the risk of relegation is catastrophic.

I believe Buckley is one of the best players we have had at Brighton EVER. I don`t care how much we are offered, I don`t want him to go. He is the most entertaining player in our team and he would be extremely hard to replace. With Noone gone I would be gutted if Buckley left as it`s only him and Lualua that really excite the crowd, unless you want to wait six months for three minutes of wizardry from Vicente. Can we afford to lose the best finisher at the club?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I said 'nothing special'. By Premier League standards, I think you'd find it hard to argue that Jason Puncheon is in any way 'special'. He's pretty direct, and has good pace. His delivery is average, and his shooting mostly wayward. Carry on.

Has same number of assists as Buckley. Less games. Higher level.

Next.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
as long as we keep bridders,and get decent money for buckers and cms i will be ok with that

Bridders would be a major loss as would buckers - if we lost those two players huge pressure on Poyet to do some serious business in the transfer window. CMS can do one.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Bridders would be a major loss as would buckers - if we lost those two players huge pressure on Poyet to do some serious business in the transfer window. CMS can do one.

You love CMS like a brother.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Would be very surprised if we took £3.5 million for Buckley. Would show a worrying lack of ambition from the club when we should be looking to improve the squad, especially as Watford apparently have a sell on. £5 million would be the minimum I would ask for.
Think £3.5 mill would be decent. Good player yes, but injury record is suspect. I would take the money. Not consistent enough for the prem???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
if cms, buckley and bridcutt all go - then I would think carefully before renewing my season tick next
year....irrespective of who we realistically bring in. Simple as that.

Unbelievable.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bridcutt brings the most entertainment to my watching. It's amazing how a CDM can be so exciting to watch, I'd be pissed if he left for anything less than 7m.

He's a great player but we won't get £7m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here