Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley/Stains

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If the Albion continue to bore as a mid table second tier team, and the classy Buckley as to move on to the PL, I hope he doesn't join sore loser Adkins at the Lego stadium, who are relegation contenders.

Would like to see his skills at a PL mid table club like Swansea, who are managed by someone with class.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I believe Buckley is one of the best players we have had at Brighton EVER. I don`t care how much we are offered, I don`t want him to go. He is the most entertaining player in our team and he would be extremely hard to replace. With Noone gone I would be gutted if Buckley left as it`s only him and Lualua that really excite the crowd, unless you want to wait six months for three minutes of wizardry from Vicente. Can we afford to lose the best finisher at the club?

True. We'd lose a rarity in our squad. A match winner/creator, with real pace, and a nightmare for opposition defenders.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As someone already mentioned Noone 1.6M, Ince 6M but it's essentially 4 because of the 35%..... for comparison (as other clubs would offer 5 not 6 maybe call him a 5M value).

Buckley is in between the two (remember injury prone) so 3.5 is about smack on the money and would be a good profit on 1M paid. My worry is Watford meant to have a good cut of any PROFIT so if was 35% we'd get what 2.6M

Much like Bennett we'd much rather keep him but if he'd only get pissed off and deteriorate because we reject the offer, our hand might be forced

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
'I heard' means absolutely nothing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You would have to ask [MENTION=22906]GingerBeerMan[/MENTION] that one.

I was just saying we won't get £7m for Bridders.

TTFN SWALK

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is the sell on clause value ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you would have to ask [mention=22906]gingerbeerman[/mention] that one.

I was just saying we won't get £7m for bridders.

Ttfn swalk

ok ttyl x

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have it on VERY good authority that Buckley is indeed going....into the Market Place Shopping Centre in Burgess Hill, or he was about 5 minutes ago at least

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They can, but they won't. Once a players head is turned they can't wait to get away. Sadly. As long as the fee is acceptable to the club, they are yesterdays memories. :(

If a player gets a good offer to go to a Premier League club, you can hardly blame them. Hopefully if there's anything in this then Buckley can be persuaded to stay until the end of the season at least and leave then assuming we haven't sneaked into the top flight somehow (by which time Saints may have been relegated anyway).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Gus offload's Buckley, I'll lose even more confidence in him; and I haven't got a lot at the moment. It really is time that we stopped acting as a small time Championship club, and sought to keep our best players. How the hell else are we going to get to the promised land? Surely with the highest average attendances in the Championship we can afford to show a tad more ambition on the transfer front?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here