Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
Changing/basing your opinion on one match is different to changing your mind over time. It takes more than one good/bad game to make a good/bad player.

One match? I have said I've seen him play 3 or 4 times, and he has never impressed me. It's just my opinion based on what I have seen. Some people seem to find it offensive... certainly offensive enough to throw silly insults around.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Thanks for the thought out reply.
I think Brighton have a better squad, but not a better starting 11. I also think you suffer from too many overseas players (I realise how xenophobic that sounds) the championsip is a demanding league with a lot of games that will require more than technical ability.... it's a cliche but Brnsley away on a cold Tuesday night is not something a lot of your players will be used to. Slightly off topic but after we went 1-0 up, I was expecting Brighton to throw the kitchen sink at us, you know both centre halves up front, and banging balls in to the box at every opportunity, was very surprised when this didn't happen.

i think most btn fans would agree that 'not having a plan B' is something poyet needs to improve on - not that thats relevant now!! if we scored first in any game we hardly ever lost, but if we let one in first then we never won. so our system and style is good (and often played nice football) but we didn't adapt to situations well. sadly poyets unlikely to be here again, but he is a fledgling manager who has improved each year. if he keeps learning and works on a 'plan b or c' he we do well. hopefully our next manager has this in his bag!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bruno played superbly at the beginning of the season until he was injured (groin strain). He showed the prowess and quality of a player with La Liga experience. On his return we noticed he had lost his normal pace and flair plus his passing game wasn't as before. When he played at Selhurst in December he was recovering from a rib injury which Palace obviously knew about as he was elbowed and barged over a few times. He then suffered a calf injury which kept him out of the squad and only came back into contention towards the end of the season but then his calf went again up at Elland Road. Next season he will have a point to prove in this division.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Joel Ward is a great right back, Jonny Williams is a fantastic player, Jedinek is the best defensive midfielder in the league and Speroni is a great keeper. Our centre halves are average, Owen Garvan and KG need to play better than 1 in 3, and Dobbie can't last 90mins in my opinion.

Strange you finished below us then with our very poor players!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bruno played superbly at the beginning of the season until he was injured (groin strain). He showed the prowess and quality of a player with La Liga experience. On his return we noticed he had lost his normal pace and flair plus his passing game wasn't as before. When he played at Selhurst in December he was recovering from a rib injury which Palace obviously knew about as he was elbowed and barged over a few times. He then suffered a calf injury which kept him out of the squad and only came back into contention towards the end of the season but then his calf went again up at Elland Road. Next season he will have a point to prove in this division.

Bruno did look good at the beginning of the season, but he was at fault for the Hull last minute winner on the very first game.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
When fit, I thought Bruno looked more impressive bombing down the wing and joining the attack than as a defender, but it has been hard to make an objective judgement due to injuries and periods of absence.

Hopefully there's a lot more to come next season as I think he's probably very talented.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Joel Ward is a great right back, Jonny Williams is a fantastic player, Jedinek is the best defensive midfielder in the league and Speroni is a great keeper. Our centre halves are average, Owen Garvan and KG need to play better than 1 in 3, and Dobbie can't last 90mins in my opinion.

Jedinek is a thug who plays with his elbows and should never be allowed to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Problem was you played the best you can, we played poorly to our own standards. If we played at the top of our game I don't believe you could live with us. But hey wrong time to play like we did.

Dream on bud, seriously, that's embarrassing.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Dream on bud, seriously, that's embarrassing.

Why? Nobody played to their potential not one of our players, you stopped us playing credit to you. If our boys were up for it like your guys yes I firmly believe you could not live with us.

Maybe its just me but that's my views on what I have seen all season, Monday we just did not turn up.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Why? Nobody played to their potential not one of our players, you stopped us playing credit to you. If our boys were up for it like your guys yes I firmly believe you could not live with us.

Maybe its just me but that's my views on what I have seen all season, Monday we just did not turn up.

You finished 3 points above us over the course of 46 games. What makes you think you are so vastly superior and that we only won because you had an off day? Granted, we wouldn't be able to live with a Barcalona or a Man United but you lot? Please. It also was not just 1 game was it? It was 2 legs. You had the first half at Selhurst, we had the 2nd and both halves at the Amex. We also stopped you from scoring in both games. I think by saying that you didn't turn up is just a coping mechanism to get over a painful defeat.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Bridders had a bad game while Jedinak and his flying elbows was playing the game of his life.

Nope, he playes like that most weeks hence he got player of the year ahead of a £15 million player and a 30 goal league striker.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You finished 3 points above us over the course of 46 games. What makes you think you are so vastly superior and that we only won because you had an off day? Granted, we wouldn't be able to live with a Barcalona or a Man United but you lot? Please. It also was not just 1 game was it? It was 2 legs. You had the first half at Selhurst, we had the 2nd and both halves at the Amex. We also stopped you from scoring in both games. I think by saying that you didn't turn up is just a coping mechanism to get over a painful defeat.

To be fair the man of the match award came on and I think everyone suddenly realised that every player had thrown a poor game in. Bridcutt was the only option and even he had an off game.

Your lot benefited but whether they bottled it or something had happened behind the scenes only time will tell.

Genuinely to a man we were way below average.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here