Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
Maybe not, but his positioning was awful, he played Murray onside a few times, a full back should never be 5yards behind his centre half (who was calling the line)
For me he looked out of his depth, and a bit startled to be facing a winger that was stronger than him and faster than him and it seemed to affect the rest of his game.
Is he fluent in English?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Maybe not, but his positioning was awful, he played Murray onside a few times, a full back should never be 5yards behind his centre half (who was calling the line)
For me he looked out of his depth, and a bit startled to be facing a winger that was stronger than him and faster than him and it seemed to affect the rest of his game.
Is he fluent in English?
I should not worry too much, i think he faced stiffer opposition when he played in Spain. He got an injury early in the season, which he never quite got over. Hopefully he will return fully fit, then we can properly judge him.

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
As I said my opinions are fluid if he comes back and plays well, of course my opinions will change.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Just an opinion... I rate some of your players (Bridcutt & Bridge) and some of your players I think are very poor (Bruno, Calderon, Ulloa, Barnes, Hammond, CMS)

So basically despite finishing 4th, apparently 6 of our key players are poor. Impressive we finished above you in the league.

If it's any consolation, other than Zaha (and possibly Bolasie and Murray), I would say your team is distinctly average but its only my opinion.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes, but what else should I use to form a opinion, if not my own experiences? My opinions are fluid, I like having my views challenged, but as it stands I believe Bruno to be a very poor player. I shall refrain from personal insults, as in my experience it tends to deflect from the discussion.

From what I have personally seen of Zaha he is extremely average, plus he's only scored 2 goals.

I 've seen CMS score at least 12 so he must be better.

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
I respect your decision that you think Zaha is average, but I must admit to thinking you're trying to score points.
Zaha:
* England International
* Voted by his fellow professionals for a award
* Brought by Man united for 15m.

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
Joel Ward is a great right back, Jonny Williams is a fantastic player, Jedinek is the best defensive midfielder in the league and Speroni is a great keeper. Our centre halves are average, Owen Garvan and KG need to play better than 1 in 3, and Dobbie can't last 90mins in my opinion.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes, but what else should I use to form a opinion, if not my own experiences? My opinions are fluid, I like having my views challenged, but as it stands I believe Bruno to be a very poor player. I shall refrain from personal insults, as in my experience it tends to deflect from the discussion.
Probably keeping your opinion to yourself would be prudent when you patently don't have a clue what you're on about. You are making yourself look stupid.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I respect your decision that you think Zaha is average, but I must admit to thinking you're trying to score points.
Zaha:
* England International
* Voted by his fellow professionals for a award
* Brought by Man united for 15m

Who cares, just going on what I've seen, it's how to form an true opinion isn't it?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Probably keeping your opinion to yourself would be prudent when you patently don't have a clue what you're on about. You are making yourself look stupid.
That sounds like most posters on this site though.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Bruno is great going forward. He seemed to run out of puff in some games though- I really hope he is fit for next season as he is quality.

I assume DWF is referring to the game where we had 10 men for 85 minutes. That Palace winger did do well that day. Fingers crossed that DWF will change his opinion after watching Bruno in the league next year!

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
Bruno is great going forward. He seemed to run out of puff in some games though- I really hope he is fit for next season as he is quality.

I assume DWF is referring to the game where we had 10 men for 85 minutes. That Palace winger did do well that day. Fingers crossed that DWF will change his opinion after watching Bruno in the league next year!
Which is what I have said all along, apparently that makes me stupid.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
added to the fact that he is bad when he is fit, I think a replacement is top priority for you guys. Worst defensive performance at Palace this season.

Really. Care to share which games you also watched him when he was fully fit? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here