Bruno

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
2 different players, Bridcutt is far better offensively, but I stand by my comment that Jedi is the best defensive midfielder in the league.

:ffsparr:

I'm genuinely embarrassed for you.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
2 different players, Bridcutt is far better offensively, but I stand by my comment that Jedi is the best defensive midfielder in the league.

your point about not seeing us enough is valid here. bridcutt is in my opinion - by far the the best holding midfielder in this division. as a holding midfielder it is his reading of the game and his defensive duties which are his biggest strengths. it is a bonus for us that he can pass as well!!

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
I think the point is we have seen most of his Brighton games so we don't really need the judgement of a Palace fan who has seen him play twice. Also, you have yet to answer someone's question earlier about how you can say Ulloa is poor when he scored twice against you and tore your defence apart in one game.

I don't think he tore our defence apart, I think your team as a whole played better than ours, When I have watched Ulloa he looked to lack any kind of fight, In Mondays game he didn't play the lone striker well at all. My Brighton supporting friends say he was isolated by GP's tactics, I saw a striker that didn't work our centre halves, didin't run the channels, didn't hold up the ball, and offered no goal threat. Murray has played up front all season, and when he is not scoring he goes back to basics, holds up the ball brings others in to play and wins headers. Ulloa did none of these.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't think he tore our defence apart, I think your team as a whole played better than ours, When I have watched Ulloa he looked to lack any kind of fight, In Mondays game he didn't play the lone striker well at all. My Brighton supporting friends say he was isolated by GP's tactics, I saw a striker that didn't work our centre halves, didin't run the channels, didn't hold up the ball, and offered no goal threat. Murray has played up front all season, and when he is not scoring he goes back to basics, holds up the ball brings others in to play and wins headers. Ulloa did none of these.

Again, it was one game where he didn't get much support. This is the point though, why bother giving your views? I'm not going on to your forum to pass judgement on your players having only seen them 4 times at most this season. I'm just intrigued by why you are bothering.

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
your point about not seeing us enough is valid here. bridcutt is in my opinion - by far the the best holding midfielder in this division. as a holding midfielder it is his reading of the game and his defensive duties which are his biggest strengths. it is a bonus for us that he can pass as well!!

I think Bridcutt plays the "quarter back" role (very well) but jedinek is just a beast, a destroyer and drops in as a 3rd CB when our full backs push on. Almost Every team at this level needs a defensive midfielder to protect the CB pairing. Jedi was voted player of the year at Palace, over a England international who had just been sold to Man U. and the leagues top scorer. He is vital to us.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Again, it was one game where he didn't get much support. This is the point though, why bother giving your views? I'm not going on to your forum to pass judgement on your players having only seen them 4 times at most this season. I'm just intrigued by why you are bothering.

Why even bother with him, he's clearly an idiot who has made a decision on who is shit in our team based on 2 games he's seen. :wanker:

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011

It's a football forum offering opinions, and I contributed. Just a opinion dude... chill.
I don't see Brighton fans moaning when I say Bridge and Bridcutt play well.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
And your prefer to throw insults instead of formulate a conter argument.

You describe Bridcutt's style of play as a ''Quarter back'' , I know what that type of midfielder is and Bridcutt is as far away from that as a holding player could be.

I'm not insulting you , you're showing yourself for what you are with the bollocks you're posting on here.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Have you learnt nothing in the past week?

Yes. That crippled phallus continually harp on about Brightons "plastic " support yet with home attendances averaging 17k have magically sold out 33k seats at Wembley .

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
You describe Bridcutt's style of play as a ''Quarter back'' , I know what that type of midfielder is and Bridcutt is as far away from that as a holding player could be.

I'm not insulting you , you're showing yourself for what you are with the bollocks you're posting on here.

Read the thread back, you have clearly thrown a few insults.

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
While I deliberately not used confrontational language, and just given a opinion on a player, and have stated from the start I am willing to change my opinion if I see the aforementioned player improve.
It seems some people are a bit sore from Monday, and are not interested in debating the point.

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
If you wish to believe I am a idiot, i'm fine with that. I have no desire to get in to a pissing contest regarding intelligence/academic qualifications.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I think Bridcutt plays the "quarter back" role (very well) but jedinek is just a beast, a destroyer and drops in as a 3rd CB when our full backs push on. Almost Every team at this level needs a defensive midfielder to protect the CB pairing. Jedi was voted player of the year at Palace, over a England international who had just been sold to Man U. and the leagues top scorer. He is vital to us.

it seems we are maybe agreeing with each other a bit more now. bridcutt rarely loses a tackle or a header despite his size. i think both are excellent holding midfielders, i just think bridcutts reading of the game puts him ahead of all the the players in the championship playing this position. my fellow brighton fans will probably not like me for saying this, but i'm not into all this we hate palace stuff (not that i think you have been offensive). you have a point to a degree with many of your opinions but i think it's often a case of we know our players and you do with yours. i believe we are a better team, but you have a few very strong players so when you click you do very well as you did in the second half at the amex.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
While I deliberately not used confrontational language, and just given a opinion on a player, and have stated from the start I am willing to change my opinion if I see the aforementioned player improve.
It seems some people are a bit sore from Monday, and are not interested in debating the point.

added to the fact that he is bad when he is fit, I think a replacement is top priority for you guys. Worst defensive performance at Palace this season.

I have no problem with this, you've seen a lot of defensive performances at Selhurst I presume so your opinion is valid.

added to the fact that he is bad when he is fit, I think a replacement is top priority for you guys. Worst defensive performance at Palace this season.

It was this bollocks that got my back up, and you've already stated you've only seen him twice, one being on the T.V.

I'll debate with you but cut this sort of stuff out first and you'll get a better response

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Im from basing way originally @ Finchley Seagull ! UTA

I'm from East Finchley originally but have to admit I have moved to Tufnell Park (not far away) but couldn't be bothered to change my name. Still go back to Finchley though sometimes.

As for DWF, I think you undermine your views by saying you are willing to change them if you see a player have a good game. It basically means you will only rate players by their previous game you've seen and will change back and forth.

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
it seems we are maybe agreeing with each other a bit more now. bridcutt rarely loses a tackle or a header despite his size. i think both are excellent holding midfielders, i just think bridcutts reading of the game puts him ahead of all the the players in the championship playing this position. my fellow brighton fans will probably not like me for saying this, but i'm not into all this we hate palace stuff (not that i think you have been offensive). you have a point to a degree with many of your opinions but i think it's often a case of we know our players and you do with yours. i believe we are a better team, but you have a few very strong players so when you click you do very well as you did in the second half at the amex.
Thanks for the thought out reply.
I think Brighton have a better squad, but not a better starting 11. I also think you suffer from too many overseas players (I realise how xenophobic that sounds) the championsip is a demanding league with a lot of games that will require more than technical ability.... it's a cliche but Brnsley away on a cold Tuesday night is not something a lot of your players will be used to. Slightly off topic but after we went 1-0 up, I was expecting Brighton to throw the kitchen sink at us, you know both centre halves up front, and banging balls in to the box at every opportunity, was very surprised when this didn't happen.

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
Show me someone who refuses to change their opinion, and I will show you a moron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports