Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring Dean Wilkins Back

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The most loyal and dedicated manager that we have had in recent times was Dean Wilkins who was sacked by Dick Knight. It has been a complete disaster since then and I am not surprised that the club finds itself in this position because this time around the problem is a self inflicted wound.

Dean Wilkins had an excellent record and policy with our youth team and bringing players through. His bro Ray Wilkins has the Chelsea connection which I am sure would have been a great asset for loaning players to us at some stage.

He was dedicated to this club as a player and loved BHA as much as all the fans, in fact he was a bigger fan than all of us.

Dean Wilkins deserves an appology from the club and he should have first refusal to come back to manage the team he was most loyal to. Even more than that we should beg him after that unfair dismissal and the way he was treated by the club.

I want someone passionate and with a deep rooted connection to manage BHA, not another flyby, any club will do for a job manager!

Anyone feel the same?:shrug:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think what we have to remember about Wilkin's sacking is that only one member of the board (which included Bloom) voted against his sacking. That was Martin Perry.

Given Bloom did not oppose the sacking of Wilkins, I doubt that he would have him on his radar as a potential new manager.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Not as manager, yet. As a person, yes of course, and as anything else anytime - total Brighton, long honourable history with us.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think this IS one where never go back probably applies. The spell has been broken.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
No thanks - *apparantly* found it very hard to manage the senior players

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough, but you dont back it up with a reason why not!
Can you expand on your thoughts to why not, as its a bit too easy just to say "no thanks"

Given that about 10 players from his youth team had been given contracts, it seemed a logical decision to have him as manager when McGhee was sacked. He did pretty well over the next season and a half with a nucleus of young players he knew well. However it seems he was a bit of a twat towards some of the senior pros (Harty ( the player) alluded to this when he made his farewell Albion post on here before he was brought back again by Adams) so seeing as most of his youth team have moved on or backwards it would seem a pretty shit idea to bring him back now. We may never know what went on but it seems there is no smoke without fire and it would be a HUGE gamble to bring him back and not one worth taking imo.

Is that a good enough explanation...from my viewpoint anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here