Brilliant all singing all dancing fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
We said there'd be no trouble, and there wasn't. Everyone at your place was brilliant - stewards, staff and police. I thought you really deserved the win, you missed some right sitters didn't you! But I'm really proud of the way we hung in there. Hope to see you at Gigg Lane, the atmosphere will be rocking! :D

I don't think I have seen a set of fans having so much fun at a match before. I think my kids would rather have been at your end!! Good luck for the future - after the replay of course!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You sound a little sour with all you posts it has to be said. You'd have to be a pretty cold hearted football fan not to have wanted to be among that lot today...
:lol:

I haven't said their support wasn't brilliant. I've said the opposite. My other post was about how tedious and stupid it is that whenever there's an alright away support people use it as an excuse to do down our own home support.

LOUDERTHANBOMBS

Nov 27, 2010
Evening lads and lasses,

I was one of the few thousand at home watching on some dodgy stream on the web back in Manchester!

We we're lucky really but there's 100 league places between us so I think you have to expect some of that for us to manage a result.

As a few have already mentioned Gigg lane will be rocking on the 8th and I hope as many of you can make it up its £7 and £2 in and we'll give you your 15% if required.

Also regarding the songs it goes.........

so come on cheer the boys
Fc make some noise
we go wild wild wild
we go wild wild wild

Go on youtube and type in Fc United fans singing we have a full repertoire for you to enjoy.

My favorite is the Oliver twist one consider yourself..

Consider yourself FC
Consider yourself one of the family
and we won't be going back to see
A yank or his sons not worth a wank...........

2005 not one penny and 4,000 or so meant it!

Making friends not millionaire as the banner says.

Now its back to the league for both of us all the best as we need to pull are socks up we're 18th!

All the best and look forward to seeing as many of you up in gods fair city soon.

At least our stewards had something to do today - trying to get me to sit down. As I tried to explain ... if you put a TV camera and cameraman immediately in front of me, completely obscuring the view of a quarter of the pitch, I will stand every time the play is in that quarter. It's the only way to see what's going on. When a steward tells me to sit down, I will quietly and politely refuse the invitation.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
At least our stewards had something to do today - trying to get me to sit down. As I tried to explain ... if you put a TV camera and cameraman immediately in front of me, completely obscuring the view of a quarter of the pitch, I will stand every time the play is in that quarter. It's the only way to see what's going on. When a steward tells me to sit down, I will quietly and politely refuse the invitation.

Or you could move into one of the hundreds of empty seats around you with a better view?

Or you could move into one of the hundreds of empty seats around you with a better view?

With Roz's foot swollen up the way it was today, it's nigh on impossible for her to clamber up even more steps. And, besides which, I WANT to sit in front of granny weatherwax and Woodingdean Gull and put them right when they are talking nonsense. I can do that at League matches. Why not in the Cup?

Anyway ... if it's sit where you want in the South Stand, anarchy will break out and civilisation will come to an end. Or so I've been told.

Tom V

Nov 19, 2010
Their keeper was class. Apparently he had a trial with Bolton. If he plays like that regularly, FCUM will not keep hold of him. Couple of other cracking saves apart from the penalty and he caught nearly everything we threw into the box. FCUM fans brilliant too. Hope they enjoyed their day out.

Sam was on a pro contract with Bolton before coming to us. He is utter CLASS and we are lucky to have him. He could easily play higher up the pyramid.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Some great inventive songs too. Our 'singing section' could learn something from that.

Mentioned this a couple days ago as a new song for approaching the Amex/Falmer......it goes like this, the hikers will love to adopt this I assure you

We'll be coming, oh we'll coming
We'll be coming down the road
When you hear the noise of the Brighton Army Boys
We'll be coming down the road.....
......and again!!!

although its a jocko version this could be our song

Tartan Specials - We'll Be Coming

politico

Fans First
Nov 19, 2010
Manchester-ish
got back at 1.00am due to bad accident on M40 only blight on a brilliant day in Brighton. We were on decent form-the fans I mean-today but one of the biggest part of this rollercoaster journey of ours is about preserving and enhancing fan culture. As someone who is old enough to remember the Stretford End in the mid 70's we are loving having a whole younger generation -the FC Yoof (kids spelling eh) who are emersing themselves in United culture and creating a whole new movement of their own.
Brighton fans coppers and stewards were all 1st class today and I hope now you realise why we all got a bit agitated at being categorised with the likes of Millwall,Cardiff and Leeds-we are just a bunch of fans who love football and love to sing-cheers, politico

Feb 14, 2010
Mentioned this a couple days ago as a new song for approaching the Amex/Falmer......it goes like this, the hikers will love to adopt this I assure you

We'll be coming, oh we'll coming
We'll be coming down the road
When you hear the noise of the Brighton Army Boys
We'll be coming down the road.....
......and again!!!

although its a jocko version this could be our song

Tartan Specials - We'll Be Coming

Nice thinking mate - only problem is that the stewards at Brighton stare and throw kids out for standing and singing, so afraid at home our support have to sit on their hands. Unless there is a new policy then its a lost cause trying to support the team at home. The club has to work out what it wants and I would suggest the club listens to what the fans want.

livelylobster

Nov 19, 2010
Thanks Brighton for being sound as a pound all day. Your fans, the dibble and the stewards were brilliant despite the fact that we were labelled to being these big bad marauding northern hordes.

Look forward to seeing you at le stade de la Gigg.

westy1983

Feb 28, 2005
Hove
They were brilliant. great fun. They are railing against all that is wrong with corporate football, they should be supported.

Agree completely. It was an absolute pleasure watching the game today. I can't believe a club set up on the principles of FCUM could ever come in for criticism from anyone be they fans, stewards or club. I hope you continue to prosper and that Brighton continue to keep the spirit at some level on which you were formed.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I actually can't believe some people are dismissing their support today. Literally the best support I've ever seen, and if anyone thinks the current breed of Brighton 'singer's have anything like the determination to create an atmosphere like that they're kidding themselves.

Serious well done to FCUM.

They were useless.

Where was the homophobia? We pay our money and we are ENTITLED to be abused by ignorant northerners.

And they were no way SCARY enough to justify the category C label. The pitch invasion was PATHETIC.

I KNOW!
I had one Albion 'fan' come up and moan "when's it gonna kick off then?", followed by "it's because of all these bloody police and you lot" with a curled lip because he was so disappointed! He must have been about 40 too :lolol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports