Brilliant all singing all dancing fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
They were amazing. So much bollocks on here recently about them, they are proper fans. The idea that you can't create an atmosphere at Withdean now looks pretty laughable!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would have been disappointed if their fans weren't singing non stop for 90 minutes for what was their cup final.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I would have been disappointed if their fans weren't singing non stop for 90 minutes for what was their cup final.

How many cup finals have you seen that have had non-stop singing like that?

Even when we scored, they made more noise than us and carried on singing! I hope they really enjoyed their day out, they probably deserved their bit of luck in the end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've NEVER heard football fans singing The Carpenters.

Good work.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's like that every week mate, it's what we do:kiss:

It was great to watch. We were sat in the family stand at the other end and my 4 year old son said "I want to be in that end Dad", I must admit, it looked a lot of fun! I thought you played very well today, very organised that belies your league position, and you probably deserved the penalty save at the end.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It was great to watch. We were sat in the family stand at the other end and my 4 year old son said "I want to be in that end Dad", I must admit, it looked a lot of fun! I thought you played very well today, very organised that belies your league position, and you probably deserved the penalty save at the end.

Their keeper was class. Apparently he had a trial with Bolton. If he plays like that regularly, FCUM will not keep hold of him. Couple of other cracking saves apart from the penalty and he caught nearly everything we threw into the box. FCUM fans brilliant too. Hope they enjoyed their day out.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm contantly amazed that people still equate away support with home support.

They were very good though. Not just the noise either, all the scarves and flags, looks great too.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
They were amazing. So much bollocks on here recently about them, they are proper fans. The idea that you can't create an atmosphere at Withdean now looks pretty laughable!

credit them for non stop noise but i couldn't ever work out what they were actually singing. they suffered from the same problem we do: no roof means singing is disjointed and out of sync. for non stop noise i'd give them top marks though.

They were useless.

Where was the homophobia? We pay our money and we are ENTITLED to be abused by ignorant northerners.

And they were no way SCARY enough to justify the category C label. The pitch invasion was PATHETIC.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm contantly amazed that people still equate away support with home support.

Has anyone done that? I'm comparing to every other set of fans that have occupied the away end at the Withdean. Brighton has fantastic away support, it's no reflection on that, but you have to acknowledge that was a special set of supporters today, that was a 90min party and I don't think the result would have changed that.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Some great inventive songs too. Our 'singing section' could learn something from that.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I did chuckle on the way past the away car park and one of their coaches having 'Wembley' on the digital display.

An excellent bunch. 'Cup final' or not, they were brilliant from start to finish. Totally eclipsed all previous visitors.

Red- Til-Dead

Nov 26, 2010

If you bring him up for the replay (probably not for a night match) he can come in our end with us and enjoy the experience, three generations of my family go every week

We're not too worried about the league position, we have games in hand over most of the others, six or seven over some, time for all that after the cup run.............
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports