Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant all singing all dancing fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But do we need to keep turning over and over the suprise that others can support their team better than us:smokin:

I for one am not reading this thread like that at all. I'm not saying their support is better than ours, however the 'way' they supported their team, their use of pop songs, the dancing etc. was refreshing. I noticed H block joined in the dancing/bouncing second half as well.

We're about to move stadium where hopefully we can create a cauldron of noise to match the likes of Stoke City etc. If a team has come along and provoked a lot of people into thinking they want a bit of that, I don't see why that is anything but positive. :thumbsup:

I for one am not reading this thread like that at all. I'm not saying their support is better than ours, however the 'way' they supported their team, their use of pop songs, the dancing etc. was refreshing. I noticed H block joined in the dancing/bouncing second half as well.

We're about to move stadium where hopefully we can create a cauldron of noise to match the likes of Stoke City etc. If a team has come along and provoked a lot of people into thinking they want a bit of that, I don't see why that is anything but positive. :thumbsup:
seat down shut up and have a sleep the falmer stadium should be renamed the the corperate snooze bowl:down:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Well first of all, to you personally Safeway, I can give the statement "diddums".

As for the away fans; I would imagine the police presence and in view of our borrowed stadium in a sensitive housing area, was justified if only as a precautionary measure.

The Stewarding too, would have been that, and in further review (from the powers that be outside and inside of our well-documented-and-often-watched-closely club) of the ROCHDALE match that became slightly controversial (if anyone recalls back that far).

Now with regards the away fans visiting the horribleness that I see few complains about that is the designated (and limited) 'Away Stand', I'd have to say that they were excellent in every respect on the day. Behaviour was as rambunctious as could be WITHIN the reasonable limits required for support of a football team. For sitting them down, I'd say that would have been difficult (doncha think?), and monitoring them included looking for smokers and those climbing on top of rails and seats. They made their point regarding the MUFC board, and made it well. The statement about 'Category C' might be pertinent EXCEPT for the review of the Rochdale game (as I've said above), and perhaps their fans might not have been aware of how we have to toe lines so carefully regarding the neighbourhood and the FA.

Banter with them was top notch, they represent themselves REALLY well in the majority, I too applauded them and gave both thumbs up to them for that.
We DID show a presence as a unit that 'may' have been ott, but that's now hindsight. Better to take precautions and have nothing bad happen, than not and have a disaster....right?

Lastly, someone suggested we could have given them the East stand as well. However, if you think about their leaping around en masse, their packed crowd, ebulliance and tendency to celebrate wildly - that high lego stand may well have offered a chance for problems - which I think our staff would have been right to considerately avoid.

Bottom lines are, that it was an overall success for all concerned - (yet I'm sure there will be LOADS of experts on here who'll try hard to differ!).
And for those who don't like the stewarding at Withdean, there are many ways to run things and I doubt many could do things better if they knew all the constraints and difficulties faced.

But you haven't answered the Question....

Is it OK for home fans to Stand and jump around?

Will you now let other Away fans stand - or will you enforce the no-standing rule when it suits you?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I am not sure the south stand would structurally cope with everyone jumping up and down for 90 minutes!

Great stuff FCUM. We have a fight on our hands at Brighton to allow kids to sing at brighton games. As we beat Archer, we will also beat this new officious Brighton middle management. We have a great Chairman but to make a point then can you ban the BHA board for the replay whilst welcoming some fans. Invte harty oand Attilla into the board room instead. The way you were treated by BHA was a stain on our club - I for one remember Fans United and the middle management have not a clue

What are you talking about?

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40 years but a deluded fool who did not get Fans United,who must have believed in Bellotti and Archer,who cant see the connection between our struggle and FCUM.
FCUM took the logical step we were nearly forced into.To walk away and start again,us from a club destroyed and closed down for naked greed,them from a club where greed is good.
From players wages,ticket prices,Sky sports manipulation of fixtures through executive wages and the obsession with champions league profit the whole Premier league is f***ed and they want no part of it,nor should we.

So that will be no promotion in three years time then?????

And we stay as we are with the Championship being the best level that the club can aspire to.

Not likely to keep Gus if that is the case

But you haven't answered the Question....

Is it OK for home fans to Stand and jump around?

No its not. persistent standing is a breach of the club's safety certifcate and can lead to the ground being closed.

I think we all know that.

The question NMH has continually dodged is why the stewards allowed FCUM to jump around for 90 minutes, when home supporters and smaller away followings are constantly under the threat of ejection. He says it "would have been difficult" to make them all sit down but surely that's what they're paid minimum wage for, to enforce the rules so the club DOESN'T face fines/ground closure?

No wonder most of our orange bib brigade haven't got jobs with REAL responsibility if they're going to cherry pick their targets.

I think we all know that.

The question NMH has continually dodged is why the stewards allowed FCUM to jump around for 90 minutes, when home supporters and smaller away followings are constantly under the threat of ejection. He says it "would have been difficult" to make them all sit down but surely that's what they're paid minimum wage for, to enforce the rules so the club DOESN'T face fines/ground closure?

No wonder most of our orange bib brigade haven't got jobs with REAL responsibility if they're going to cherry pick their targets.

Minimum wage stewards don't make the rules.

When I'm running my own businesses, I make the rules.
At Withdean, the orange bib brigade help maintain the rules.
Simples.

In a one-off away game we can create a good atmosphere. Let them do it twelve years on - open to the elements and confronted by the non-clapping stewards we get.

I would imagine that when we all get to the Amex, there will be a big collective clapping and patting on the back for everyone who has had to endure the long haul.
The reward IS the new stadium.

Minimum wage stewards don't make the rules.

No, but you are paid to enforce them. Still, if you pay peanuts...

When I'm running my own businesses, I make the rules.
At Withdean, the orange bib brigade help maintain the rules.

Firstly, they can't be very successful busisnesses if a supposed life-long Albion fan such as yourself has to blag free entry to games.

Secondly, you clearly DON'T help mantain the rules! Or at least you only do when you feel brave enough.

Feel free to contradict yourself further.

No, but you are paid to enforce them. Still, if you pay peanuts...

Firstly, they can't be very successful busisnesses if a supposed life-long Albion fan such as yourself has to blag free entry to games.

Secondly, you clearly DON'T help mantain the rules! Or at least you only do when you feel brave enough.

Feel free to contradict yourself further.

You really are big sillies aren't you?

"blag free entry"?? That is NOT why ANY stewards work for The Albion sunnysunsunshine. And although there are several who do it for the side-job dosh, most have other agendas.
I do it to big myself up, make out I'm like a copper, innit. :laugh:

Or, I do it because this is my club and my sport and I want to be a part of it while I'm living around here, because I was born and raised within the sound of the Goldstone goal-cheering and I scrambled around on those terraces as a kid. I even thought of getting a job on the construction of Amex, just to be a part of that even before pratts like Safeway boggle his bogey-eyes at the spectacle. However, I have been too busy and wasn't able, practically, to dedicate to it. I coulda been a contender, in yellow hi-viz, maybe pushing around brickies or painters or cement-layers/polishers, or steeplejacks around instead of 'bullying fans' :rolleyes:

I can 'afford' to go to every game, it's peanuts, crumbs from off my stateroom table. I wonder about YOU Safeway, keep rabbiting on about 'blagging' like one might think about circumnavigating the entry price for Withdean(!). Yes, it's the half-price we get a bacon bap for, that's why I do it. :drool:

I maintain the rules as asked to, by the people that ask me. I also studied the health and safety procedures and was already fairly savvy in Emergency First Aid. Plus I already held a certificate in site safety anyway, which includes some of the things one needs to know in awareness of crowd safety. When any of you lot, or your old Dad or kid or whoever, gets into a bit of a problem and has to call upon stewardly assistance, just like with the old bill you suddenly realise you want them around when required.

I've read on here about how FRIT some of you lot were at the prospect of a mob of Northerners running riot, and feeling how you might need to run and hide from the nastiness.
Well the FCUM were the opposite of a threat, and yet they were still labled 'Category C' just to be sure and be on the safe side. "Not fair" they said, but the precaution was put in place to prevent any debacle at Withdean, especially.
GONE are the days (crossed fingers), of mobs of yoof running in Docs to be kicking scarfers in their heads just for the fun of it. Why have they disappeared, those loveable lads, skins and infamous mental types spoken about in hushed tones or respect?
That's right, they are all mental stewards, blagging their way into the matc........ no wait, no that's not it. Oh yeah - they are prevented from attending games, stopped from even hanging outside, banned from buying tickets, vilified and ostracised completely from the sport wherever possible. By Stewards.
And we needed to get to Falmer, and since I've worked at Withdean doing my bit to keep the powers that watched us closely for reasons to raise complaint, happy - we got Falmer and have built our own at-long-last Stadium there. See, it's all because of the likes of me.

"holes in my argument"? Grow upwards Hungry Joe you knob. I comply in my duties as a steward to the best of my abilities, and the only complaints I've got when doing my work, is from people who wanted to break the rules and I had to stop them from that. I might even become a Sarn't Major for my efforts, one of these days. Oh... what's that...we don't get medals and stripes? I quit.

"blag free entry"?? That is NOT why ANY stewards work for The Albion sunnysunsunshine. And although there are several who do it for the side-job dosh, most have other agendas.

Or, I do it because this is my club and my sport and I want to be a part of it while I'm living around here, because I was born and raised within the sound of the Goldstone goal-cheering and I scrambled around on those terraces as a kid. I even thought of getting a job on the construction of Amex, just to be a part of that even before pratts like Safeway boggle his bogey-eyes at the spectacle. However, I have been too busy and wasn't able, practically, to dedicate to it. I coulda been a contender, in yellow hi-viz, maybe pushing around brickies or painters or cement-layers/polishers, or steeplejacks around instead of 'bullying fans' :rolleyes:

I can 'afford' to go to every game, it's peanuts, crumbs from off my stateroom table. I wonder about YOU Safeway, keep rabbiting on about 'blagging' like one might think about circumnavigating the entry price for Withdean(!). Yes, it's the half-price we get a bacon bap for, that's why I do it. :drool:

I maintain the rules as asked to, by the people that ask me. I also studied the health and safety procedures and was already fairly savvy in Emergency First Aid. Plus I already held a certificate in site safety anyway, which includes some of the things one needs to know in awareness of crowd safety. When any of you lot, or your old Dad or kid or whoever, gets into a bit of a problem and has to call upon stewardly assistance, just like with the old bill you suddenly realise you want them around when required.

I've read on here about how FRIT some of you lot were at the prospect of a mob of Northerners running riot, and feeling how you might need to run and hide from the nastiness.
Well the FCUM were the opposite of a threat, and yet they were still labled 'Category C' just to be sure and be on the safe side. "Not fair" they said, but the precaution was put in place to prevent any debacle at Withdean, especially.
GONE are the days (crossed fingers), of mobs of yoof running in Docs to be kicking scarfers in their heads just for the fun of it. Why have they disappeared, those loveable lads, skins and infamous mental types spoken about in hushed tones or respect?
That's right, they are all mental stewards, blagging their way into the matc........ no wait, no that's not it. Oh yeah - they are prevented from attending games, stopped from even hanging outside, banned from buying tickets, vilified and ostracised completely from the sport wherever possible. By Stewards.
And we needed to get to Falmer, and since I've worked at Withdean doing my bit to keep the powers that watched us closely for reasons to raise complaint, happy - we got Falmer and have built our own at-long-last Stadium there. See, it's all because of the likes of me.

"holes in my argument"? Grow upwards Hungry Joe you knob. I comply in my duties as a steward to the best of my abilities, and the only complaints I've got when doing my work, is from people who wanted to break the rules and I had to stop them from that. I might even become a Sarn't Major for my efforts, one of these days. Oh... what's that...we don't get medals and stripes? I quit.

bloomin eck:eek:

Aren't you a bit old to be using words like 'innit'?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

I think it took me about a minute to read that. A minute of my life I won't get back. What a load of drivel.

As Hungry Joe said, rather a lot of (gaping) holes in your argument.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
NMH - you showed us a picture of your dogs on YOUR bed and the bed appeared to be a sofa bed. I thought you lived in some sort of rural idyll with signed photos of all those bands you have met over the years, adorning your country palace.

Seriously, why would you be a steward if you could afford not to be? A litter patrol or selling programmes would be doing your bit and still allow you to watch the game without having to worry about the crowd.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here