Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton player refuses to sign autographs for children

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But we don't actually know it was a) his approach and b) overblown.

The OP said it was the player who complained. And my response is in the context of this. If you're suggesting the OP is inaccurate or lying then fine, but that's a different discussion.

And if the player did complain I maintain it's overblown; if a pro-athlete (not to mention a father) can't deal with a few children then it's a very sad state of affairs.

In-Exile

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
You really registered to post that!?
Christ on a bike but you Palace lot are sad :nono:
But I can report I talked to Bobby in the week....was off to London with his wife and kids...seemed very happy (about to get kid Number 3 that day) also said Glenn wants to go to you!!!!!
And been here since 2013...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Must run in the team...
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=262662

Don't feel you have to post here again. Oh - you can't. :thumbsup:

When I was last in Iceland supermarket, I saw a disabled football fan in a wheelchair go up to Alan Pardew telling him what a hero he was. Pardew pulled his phone out and lamped it over the disabled childs head until he was knocked out! Pardew really let himself down that day. I thought better of him until he was 'interrupted' doing his wedding preparations.
From what the staff told me, when Pardew walked off, he was oddly muttering something under his breath about managing a tin pot club?

Piss poor from Pardew, really piss poor.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
When I was last in Iceland supermarket, I saw a disabled football fan in a wheelchair go up to Alan Pardew telling him what a hero he was. Pardew pulled his phone out and lamped it over the disabled childs head until he was knocked out! Pardew really let himself down that day. I thought better of him until he was 'interrupted' doing his wedding preparations.
From what the staff told me, when Pardew walked off, he was oddly muttering something under his breath about managing a tin pot club?

Piss poor from Pardew, really piss poor.

Well yes, but was that honestly you in Iceland or are you taking credit for some chav Millwall fan that works for a Croydon retard. ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Which Brighton player has complained to the head of his children's school that other children keep asking for his autograph resulting in a whole of school assembly where the children were told not to approach him?
How long have you supported Palace ? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
at the stadium, yep. at training, propbably yep. at a club event yep.

at their kids school at pick up time? no.
Exactly. Hi, how was your day? Oh, hold on, tell me later.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Jesus christ,Albion Players are not pieces of meat to be pounced on at every given opportunity whenever they appear in normal life situations......leave the player alone ffs,its something he is not comfortable with around HIS kids at THEIR school,show some respect to his private life

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jesus christ,Albion Players are not pieces of meat to be pounced on at every given opportunity whenever they appear in normal life situations......leave the player alone ffs,its something he is not comfortable with around HIS kids at THEIR school,show some respect to his private life

Hello, please may I have an autograph please (Josh aged 5 and a 1/2) = "pieces of meat to be pounced on at every given opportunity"

Drama queen

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Teach the kids respect of others.

It should be obvious not to ask for autograph in that situation.

Quite. It's his choice, no matter whether other people approve (and I strongly suspect the reason for his request is sensible anyway - who knows?). So the kids should be taught that it's right to respect his privacy.

However, as it's 2015 and impossible not to be offended by absolutely everything - especially when it's a greedy footballer and the full facts are irrelevant - I will now BOO every single player on Saturday and urge everyone to do the same. Getting to the Premier League would mean nothing unless we can drum this scoundrel out of the club.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I cannot think that a player would make a complaint, perhaps he got pounced on a couple of times and a teacher has intervened and foreseen some unlikely safety issue, I doubt any player would actually physically go and see anyone to try and stop a few kids asking for autographs.

I am slightly surprised how righteous some on here can be, he is a footballer they are kids he should (if he isnt already) be pleased that he is recognised and appreciated (which I am sure he is) and the kids should have full freedom to show some passion and confidence to want a small recognition from a player of their local club, fill yer boots kids I say, I am sure he does with that complimentary drink or preferred table at some Brighton restaurant or flirty conversation with a pretty girl at the Christmas party, perhaps preferential rates for his leased Range Rover.

He really will survive a few kids busting his nuts.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nothing to do with Palace though is it ?

Please stop trolling this board.

But I can report I talked to Bobby in the week....was off to London with his wife and kids...seemed very happy (about to get kid Number 3 that day) also said Glenn wants to go to you!!!!!
And been here since 2013...

You really registered to post that!?
Christ on a bike but you Palace lot are sad :nono:

Just keep reporting them so the infractions mount up and they get banned. Dougle shouldn't be posting on this thread remember :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cannot think that a player would make a complaint, perhaps he got pounced on a couple of times and a teacher has intervened and foreseen some unlikely safety issue, I doubt any player would actually physically go and see anyone to try and stop a few kids asking for autographs.

I am slightly surprised how righteous some on here can be, he is a footballer they are kids he should (if he isnt already) be pleased that he is recognised and appreciated (which I am sure he is) and the kids should have full freedom to show some passion and confidence to want a small recognition from a player of their local club, fill yer boots kids I say, I am sure he does with that complimentary drink or preferred table at some Brighton restaurant or flirty conversation with a pretty girl at the Christmas party, perhaps preferential rates for his leased Range Rover.

He really will survive a few kids busting his nuts.

Good points very well made.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But is it true...call me a cynic but under 200 posts in 9 years ...but felt the need on this one

Blatant Mischief Making

Is this a GDC wind up cunningly contrived after a Wetherspoons breakfast?

When has that ever stopped a NSC binfest?

One post by the OP, without any further contribution to the thread, two Palace trolls, and lots of posts assuming this is true.

Classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here