Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton player refuses to sign autographs for children

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite. It's his choice, no matter whether other people approve (and I strongly suspect the reason for his request is sensible anyway - who knows?). So the kids should be taught that it's right to respect his privacy.

However, as it's 2015 and impossible not to be offended by absolutely everything - especially when it's a greedy footballer and the full facts are irrelevant - I will now BOO every single player on Saturday and urge everyone to do the same. Getting to the Premier League would mean nothing unless we can drum this scoundrel out of the club.

Obviously it's his choice. And it's our choice to comment if we think he's being and over-pampered precious fool. We're talking about kids here ffs. If it was adults I'd feel a lot different, but it's school children excited about seeing an idol.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No evidence of this yet, is there.

Mischief Making - perhaps from Jongleurs, SE 25 - I suspect.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Obviously it's his choice. And it's our choice to comment if we think he's being and over-pampered precious fool. We're talking about kids here ffs. If it was adults I'd feel a lot different, but it's school children excited about seeing an idol.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but, as we don't know any of the context, it seems pretty unfair to immediately assume the player in question (if he exists) is over-pampered and precious. Isn't it possible that this was simply a polite request for a valid reason? Maybe, for instance, the player in question doesn't want his kid/s getting arrogant at school because they think Dad's something special. That would cast a completely different light on his character. Complete speculation - but just as possible as the more popular scenarios that cast the player as a ****.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope we lose tomorrow.

At least then all this type of bollox can go away, a we can go back to what we do best...

...calling all our players shitehouse, like true loyal supporters.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Very pleased if he did. Children need to learn to speak when they are spoken to. Why on earth people let their children impose themselves on adults these days I have no idea. Children need to learn that the world does not revolve around them. I do hope that any child who did not do what they were told and approached the adult when told not to was told off for it.

victorian-dad-1.jpg I take it you would have them whipped before they went to bed, made to read the Bible every night, and tell them that carnal knowledge is Evil !!! FFS

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So we don't know who it is. We don't know what happened. We don't know what they said.

Should I have an opinion? I feel like I should have an opinion?

Burn him!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The OP said it was the player who complained. And my response is in the context of this. If you're suggesting the OP is inaccurate or lying then fine, but that's a different discussion.

And if the player did complain I maintain it's overblown; if a pro-athlete (not to mention a father) can't deal with a few children then it's a very sad state of affairs.

So, you're going to assume that a player of our club, a club that has won awards for it's community work etc, has been so unreasonable on the back of some random post on a message board that gives no real information?

I will maintain that if this player did make this request, the issue is about more than "a few children"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think he's joking , my kids have met calde, he was great with them.

My missus has met him. The first thing she said to me was "he's quite rugged and handsome isn't he"

(I have since ditched my man-bag and grown stubble.)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Even if some of this was true I would expect it was blown out of proportion.

It may have been a simple conversation when he was having kids come up to him and a teacher said 'I bet you could do without this'

'Yeah, it can be a little difficult getting the kids to school'

And then a quick line in assembly the next day - Please don't ask XXX for his autograph, he is just trying to drop his kids off'

Kid goes home - we were told we aren't allowed to speak to XXX in assembly.

Or - kids were hounding his car, banging on the windows and scaring his kids whilst trying to get autographs. However - classic binfest. I have missed these

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well having trudged through 116 posts on this matter, without so much as an inkling or a serious suggestion of who this player is , I have come to the conclusion ....it just never happened!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My missus has met him. The first thing she said to me was "he's quite rugged and handsome isn't he"

(I have since ditched my man-bag and grown stubble.)
But have you stopped your moisturising routine ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here