Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton player refuses to sign autographs for children

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In what way is it valid? A player doesn't want to be hassled every time he picks up his kid from school by kid/parents for autographs and shouldn't feel he has to commit to it every time whilst concentrating on time with his kids/football/time off?

I think it's always a nice gesture for players to sign stuff for kids but it's not like he is compelled to do so... I can imagine in this case there were other contributing factors that have not been mentioned.

I'm struggling to understand why the footballer can't just deal with this himself. How difficult is it to smile and say "Sorry, not today guys"? It's really this simple. His overblown approach smacks of typical footballer preciousness. Part of me is wondering if he also rolled around clutching his face when he was "hassled" by these children.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm struggling to understand why the footballer can't just deal with this himself. How difficult is it to smile and say "Sorry, not today guys"? It's really this simple. His overblown approach smacks of typical footballer preciousness. Part of me is wondering if he also rolled around clutching his face when he was "hassled" by these children.

But we don't actually know it was a) his approach and b) overblown.

The OP has made a claim that this has come about because the player complained, but it's entirely possible the school have made the decision on their own back because it was interrupting classes or causing other issues that the school are unhappy with, and someone has decided that because the school held an assembly and asked students to leave him alone that the player must have asked for it.

We also don't know what various factors may have led to the request. There could be quite reasonable logic behind it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My guess

Meili-Snow-Mountain-10.jpg

out of

taupiniere.jpg

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Abit low , scummish really .

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
A slightly vague accusation from the OP - but it sounds like the player's child is being pestered for Dad's autographs by other kids - which is obviously not on.

Even the moaners have to recognise that Brighton - and the players - do incredible work in the community, so a BHA player refusing a reasonable request and getting the head to ban autograph requests sounds implausible.

I quite agree with the clubs community commitment. But with his kids being asked to get their dads autograph... no.
What kid wouldn't want their mates asking for their dads autograph. I'd have loved my school chums to have revered my dad, unfortunately he was only a gas fitter and it doesn't have that same appeal. :)l

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't know if this is true. But these definitely are true.

Winner: Best fan engagement by a football club : 2015 - Brighton and Hove Albion
Winner : Best football community scheme 2015 - Brighton and Hove Albion
http://www.footballbusinessawards.com/winners.html

and the players, encouraged by the club, spend a fair bit of time doing stuff like this. Here's one example. I'm sure NSC has hundreds of other examples. Calde alone could fill up a thread 100 pages long instead of this guff. .

[tweet]674299478594203648[/tweet]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Winner: Best fan engagement by a football club : 2015 - Brighton and Hove Albion

and the players, encouraged by the club, spend a fair bit of time doing stuff like this. Here's one example. I'm sure NSC has hundreds of other examples. Calde alone could fill up a thread 100 pages long instead of this guff. .

This. Seems like there are always a few that like to find something negative. Very sad.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I struggle to understand how people jump to conclusions and take as gospel truth the scandal-mongering that appears in the Mail or Express and react in a rather over-the-top or slightly hysterical fashion.

Have a good look in the mirror.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Please let us know who the player was so we can hound him out of the club.

Oh sorry Bobby, just joking.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Cannot believe Gully's legs are not the most ridiculous. Check original photo.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

The least Bruno could have done was die hisbeard white. He doesnt even look like santa

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I quite agree with the clubs community commitment. But with his kids being asked to get their dads autograph... no.
What kid wouldn't want their mates asking for their dads autograph. I'd have loved my school chums to have revered my dad, unfortunately he was only a gas fitter and it doesn't have that same appeal. :)l

OMG!! Really? A real gas fitter? Lucky b*stard! Wish my dad did something like that! Can you get me his autograph?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here