[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
RDZ was quite critical of our finishing / final passes last Friday, I’d expect some significant changes in the starting eleven tonight to freshen things up.

Although having watched the Albion for a number of decades, I fear I already know how this will go. Saying that I’ve sold my tickets tonight so there’s an enhanced chance of a win simply as I won’t be there in person to witness it

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Tonight is apparently our 200th Premier League game, 100th Premier League game at the Amex, and could be our 100th top flight win...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Forest are a mess of a team, certs for relegation. If we can't beat this lot then I have no idea where our next win will arrive No excuses .. home win.
I've an idea it might be Wolves or Villa which are only a few weeks time. And given that we've beaten United (twice), Spurs (twice), Arsenal (twice), City, and L:iverpool in the last 2 years and scored 3 goals at Anfield - two weeks ago - with much of the same players - is it that much of a shock if we get something out of City or Chelsea ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Still over 550 tickets on sale? No sell out for us tonight. Here’s hoping for a comfortable home win (bugger, we never do comfortable).
Every ticket is sold for the match. Hence "Sell out". Which is pretty good for a midweek game v Forest. (some season ticket holders though , can't make it and are hoping other people will buy their ticket off them)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We should win this game, but nothing is for certain and were we to not get result tonight then will will we find that the pressure will start to mount upon the players, someone said tome yesterday it’s a must win game, is it?

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
I've an idea it might be Wolves or Villa which are only a few weeks time. And given that we've beaten United (twice), Spurs (twice), Arsenal (twice), City, and L:iverpool in the last 2 years and scored 3 goals at Anfield - two weeks ago - with much of the same players - is it that much of a shock if we get something out of City or Chelsea ?
I hope you are correct but, In the last couple of years, we've also had long runs without winning. We eventually turned this round under the previous manager but no guarantee the new guy can do the same. Forest are easily the poorest team in the league from the games I have seen, a team of strangers who can't press or defend properly, low on confidence. No better chance to secure that first morale boosting win.

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing
Every ticket is sold for the match. Hence "Sell out". Which is pretty good for a midweek game v Forest. (some season ticket holders though , can't make it and are hoping other people will buy their ticket off them)
Yeah I get the ”sell-out” bit, but the point I was trying to make is that there will still be a lot of empty seats around tonight (550+) which is a shame.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
RDZ was quite critical of our finishing / final passes last Friday, I’d expect some significant changes in the starting eleven tonight to freshen things up.

Although having watched the Albion for a number of decades, I fear I already know how this will go. Saying that I’ve sold my tickets tonight so there’s an enhanced chance of a win simply as I won’t be there in person to witness it
Adam Lallana to the rescue

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
75% of the posts on this thread are along the lines of, bottom of the league at home, were loose.

Add me to the pile. :(

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
On paper we should win but if it turns out to be one of those games where we dominate possession, over-elaborate around the Forest penalty area, miss some nailed-on chances and concede at least one goal from an isolated counter-attack or cheaply conceded set piece, I don't imagine many of us would respond with "well, nobody could have seen that coming".

Five seasons in the Premier League have not altered by fundamental fatalism as a Brighton fan ...:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports