Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
134297-39f6512e6e3b71ea26a0c094f44221c2.jpg
134315-79d502b947491f74035157c1f019d863.jpg

Albion v Nottingham Forest

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue:
The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Tuesday 18th October 2022
Kick-off: 19:30 BST
Referee: Darren England
Assistants: James Mainwaring, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: James Linington
VAR: The Complete And Utter Shyster (again)
Additional VAR: Derek Eaton

TEAM NEWS

Brighton head coach Roberto De Zerbi says that Adam Lallana will make his first start for two months on Tuesday.

Kaoru Mitoma misses out because of an ankle injury, joining Jan Paul van Hecke, Levi Colwill and Jakub Moder on the sidelines.

Nottingham Forest will assess full-backs Serge Aurier and Renan Lodi, who have both recently been injured.

Midfielder Lewis O'Brien is still struggling with illness but Orel Mangala could be fit enough to start.

Summer signing Loic Bade featured in a matchday squad for the first time at the weekend but awaits his debut.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• This is the first fixture between these teams since the 2016-17 Championship season when both meetings were won 3-0 by the home side.
  • The most recent top-flight encounter was a 1-1 draw at Brighton's Goldstone Ground in January 1983.
  • Nottingham Forest have won only three of their past 13 league games against Brighton (D5, L5).
Albion
  • This is Brighton's 200th Premier League fixture, and 100th at Amex Stadium.
  • Albion have lost consecutive league matches for the first time since a run of six defeats in February and March.
  • Roberto De Zerbi is the first Brighton manager to fail to win any of his first three league games in charge since Barry Lloyd in February 1987. Lloyd had to wait 13 matches for his first victory.
  • Nonetheless, victory on Tuesday would give Brighton a club record 17 points after 10 top-flight matches in a season. They had 16 points at the same stage in 2021-22.
  • The Seagulls have lost an unrivalled 19 of their 37 midweek Premier League fixtures since promotion in 2017.
  • Their three defeats in the past 14 league games all came against London opposition.
Nottingham Forest
  • Forest have lost seven of their opening 10 top-flight fixtures in a season for the first time since 1904.
  • Their record of one win, two draws and seven defeats is the club's worst after 10 matches of a top-flight campaign.
  • This is only the second occasion they have conceded as many as 23 goals after 10 top-flight games, previously doing so in 1905.
  • Steve Cooper's side have lost all five league matches this season when conceding first.
  • Nottingham Forest's only point and goal in their five away league games so far was in a 1-1 draw at Everton on 20 August.

Roberto De Zerbi's Nottingham Forest Press Conference

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
“Brighton were unlucky to be beaten by Brentford on Friday. They played well”……
That is encouraging from the BBC. Nevertheless, I share the uncertainty, bottom of the league side at home , what could possibly go wrong? Well, we all know the Albion, don’t we……
Truth is we need to win this. RDZ needs a win, the players need a confidence boost , so let’s see it Albion!

Edit… Oh , and it is live on the Amazon Firestick, so I can watch it on the telly , Please lads , for me …..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Forest look to have a bit more steel in them last few games - maybe the new contract for Cooper has settled the dressing room down a bit. As Wolves and Villa found, I don't think it's going to be easy to break them down.

Patience going to be needed from the Amex crowd not letting any frustration or tension spill down to the players. I'm looking forward to it, but it may well be a tough watch.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
4 - 1 to the Albion. Let's hope the players are more confident than some posters on here

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
1 nil to the good guys tonight. I think it’ll be tough to break them down but ultimately wheel win.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope he is bluffing about not considering how the opposition play and solely concentrating on us. This is the complete opposite of GP who set us up to nullify the opposition’s threats. Maybe I misunderstood what he was saying :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can’t wait to boooooo Steve Cook again

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
“Brighton were unlucky to be beaten by Brentford on Friday. They played well”……
That is encouraging from the BBC. Nevertheless, I share the uncertainty, bottom of the league side at home , what could possibly go wrong? Well, we all know the Albion, don’t we……
Truth is we need to win this. RDZ needs a win, the players need a confidence boost , so let’s see it Albion!

Edit… Oh , and it is live on the Amazon Firestick, so I can watch it on the telly , Please lads , for me …..
Does a Firestick last forever once purchased or is it annual subscription?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Does a Firestick last forever once purchased or is it annual subscription?
A firestick is just a device to turn a TV into a smart TV and access various apps. The Amazon Prime subscription needed to watch tonights match is a separate purchase and can be paid on a monthly or annual basis, you might even be able to find a free months trial if you haven't used one before. If you already have a smart TV you just need to download the Prime app on the TV there is no need to purchase a firestick.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Need at least a point here or the games against Villa and Wolves just before the World Cup-break becomes pretty high pressure-games.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh well, at least I'm feeling nervous again. After the Leicester win I felt completely calm and relaxed and if I wanted that I wouldn't have decided to support the Albion all those years ago :albion2:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Saw Forest were 7-1 on Sky bet last night. Really hope I'm wrong but this game has all the pointers towards a Palace-esque result of us battering them without scoring, and they score with their only shot on target.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here