Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread *** - KO Delayed Until 3:30

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep, that was pretty shit again. A promising season is rapidly turning into nothingness. Hope we work out why we've lost our mojo so drastically(don't bother saying it's because we sold Burn. It's not).
Well, I'll certainly bother saying it then. Apart from anything else, since he's departed we've never had a full quota of our remaining CBs available for selection. We could have done with him today, and that's no error!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Possession doesn't translate to points, especially when so much of is passing sideways or back to our goalie.

Put it another away, if we've had 60% possession, Villa have had 40% - and scored twice.

We're shambolically shite at home - same old same old.

i was being sarcastic ... our best move came from a quick ball out of defence to March fannying around at the back really is frustrating and means nothing.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Bus driver just stopped half way up the queue, much like our players he doesn't know how to get forward. Prick.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I can only assume that Burn was a big dressing room character, sorry seriously amiss recently.

A rather stale, static and unfortunately expected home performance, thank god we are away next weekend.

We don’t look balanced at all. Neither Duffy or Veltman in my eyes can be trusted in a back four. We need to go back to 3-5-2 and of that involves youth then so be it.

Biss doesn’t seem interested. Big call but needs to be dropped

The only positive I could find was March and Lamptey combining well down the right.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well we can’t shoot for toffee. So what’s your problem. Biss would be great as an American football kicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So by being extra critical will that help us score more then? They know they need to hit the target more, they don't need the fans to tell them. Counter productive if you ask me.

Of course, it won't, practice, getting a deflected lucky shot, or defences giving us a bit of space might.
We may have to wait to get some of these because the Albion still doesn't have enough nature born strikers.

Mac missed a sitter early on, straight in front of goal, blast it over, he knew he should do better.
I will let the moaners, keep moaning, as I am sure they are also the ones that have been shouting from the rooftops at how far we have been punching above our weight this season, because ....we have.

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
How is it that Solly March continues to have the same problem he has had for the past 4 or 5 years.

Just. Cross. The. Ball.

Don't wait, and look, and wait, and look, and wait, and lose the ball.

If he would just whip the ball in, our attackers would know they might have something to get on the end of when he has the ball.

Instead he get's the ball and our players might as well think that they've got 10 minutes until the ball might come in, but it's actually probably best to prepare themselves for a counter attack.

I cannot understand why it hasn't been made clear to him. What he is doing is wasting any chance we have to make something of our possession out wide on his side.

For the love of God Solly, stop it. Get the ball out of your feet and put it in an area. Don't wait for a man to pick out, let the attacking players take responsibility for being there and getting on the end of it. You just worry about putting it in an area. Aim for the space, don't aim for the man.

Even the one decent chance we had with Mac Allister we were lucky to get and came from Solly doing the wrong thing. There was space infront of Maupay. Maupay was goal side. Just play the ball quickly.

/Rant.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
It seems to me that we (still) dont have a Plan B when things arent going our way - just keep running down the wings, crossing (or losing) the ball and hoping that our forwards are there and that they need less than 3 touches before attempting a shot. If that doesnt work then just try and do it again. (Oh, and try to beat the first man when we get a corner please).

If you always do what you've always done, and expect a different result, then you'll always be disappointed.

And boy was that disappointing (again)!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
So by being extra critical will that help us score more then? They know they need to hit the target more, they don't need the fans to tell them. Counter productive if you ask me.

Of course, it won't, practice, getting a deflected lucky shot, or defences giving us a bit of space might.
We may have to wait to get some of these because the Albion still doesn't have enough nature born strikers.

Mac missed a sitter early on, straight in front of goal, blast it over, he knew he should do better.
I will let the moaners, keep moaning, as I am sure they are also the ones that have been shouting from the rooftops at how far we have been punching above our weight this season, because ....we have.

Every single person in that stadium pays to be entertained, that is far from entertaining. These players are paid an obscene amount of money that we foot the bill for, so yes, people are entitled to moan and expect better from these overpaid players.
Better than last weekend but still poor. It's just the same old shit of passing it around the back and no movement up front. Of course it will result in no end product and problems at the back, something absolutely to change, especially with our run of fixtures in the next few weeks as we will end up getting absolutely spanked.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Possession champions of the world :lolol::lolol::shit:

4D969EFF-290B-49CD-8F97-84D2148869FE.jpeg

D

Deleted member 2719

Every single person in that stadium pays to be entertained, that is far from entertaining. These players are paid an obscene amount of money that we foot the bill for, so yes, people are entitled to moan and expect better from these overpaid players.
Better than last weekend but still poor. It's just the same old shit of passing it around the back and no movement up front. Of course it will result in no end product and problems at the back, something absolutely to change, especially with our run of fixtures in the next few weeks as we will end up getting absolutely spanked.

But moaning and groaning won't improve their chances of hitting it clean or on target.

So why moan?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It seems to me that we (still) dont have a Plan B when things arent going our way - just keep running down the wings, crossing (or losing) the ball and hoping that our forwards are there and that they need less than 3 touches before attempting a shot. If that doesnt work then just try and do it again. (Oh, and try to beat the first man when we get a corner please).

If you always do what you've always done, and expect a different result, then you'll always be disappointed.

And boy was that disappointing (again)!

whats plan A?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Burn, Ashworth, Morling, 3 really poor defeats and no goals. I think it’s fair to say the wind has been knocked out of our sails in February.

Exactly.

Burn - the club demonstrated that they knew the price of everything and value of nothing.

If money determines everything at the club, EPL final position prize money is tumbling by the week.

Dumb decision, why upset a very happy applecart?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Predictable Potter likes to play away from home as he and his team can’t deal with any pressure whatsoever. A few boo’s tipped him over the edge, weak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here