Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread *** - KO Delayed Until 3:30

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread *** - KO Delayed Until 3:30

attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Aston Villa

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 26th February 2022
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: John Brooks
Assistants: Neil Davies, Matthew Wilkes
Fourth Official: David Coote
VAR: Michael Oliver
Additional VAR: Scott Ledger

TEAM NEWS

Brighton pair Adam Webster and Enock Mwepu are expected to miss out again with respective groin and hamstring problems.

Head coach Graham Potter reported illness issues within the squad but Lewis Dunk returns after missing the defeat by Burnley due to suspension.

Central defender Ezri Konsa is available for Aston Villa, having served a two-match ban.

Bertrand Traore and Marvelous Nakamba are Villa's only absentees.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton's only victory in the past 13 competitive meetings was by 2-1 in the Premier League at Villa Park in November 2020 (D5, L7).
    [*=left]Albion's most recent home win against Aston Villa came in the top flight at the Goldstone Ground in December 1980.
    [*=left]This season's reverse Premier League fixture was won 2-0 by Aston Villa in Steven Gerrard's first match as their head coach. Villa can do the league double over Brighton for the first time since 1981-82.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won only one of their past nine home league games, beating Brentford on Boxing Day (D5, L3).
    [*=left]They have suffered back-to-back defeats, directly following a club record unbeaten run of seven Premier League matches.
    [*=left]Albion can equal their longest Premier League losing streak under Graham Potter of three games.
    [*=left]All seven of their league wins this season were against teams currently below them in the table.
    [*=left]The Seagulls' Premier League record without Adam Webster this season is: W1, D6, L3.
    [*=left]Danny Welbeck has scored in each of his last four Premier League starts versus Aston Villa.
Aston Villa

• [*=left]Steven Gerrard's side have only won once in eight competitive fixtures since Christmas, taking five points from seven league games during that period.
    [*=left]Excluding the three promoted clubs, Aston Villa's tally of 13 Premier League defeats this season is a joint-high alongside Everton.
    [*=left]Villa have lost eight of their 12 top-flight away games in 2021-22, already one more defeat than in the whole of last season.
    [*=left]They have only drawn one of their 19 away league matches since a goalless stalemate at Amex Stadium a year ago.

Graham Potter's Aston Villa Press Conference

[tweet]1497572202660642818[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1497572202660642818

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have been much weaker since we sold Dan Burn due to CB injuries and a suspension. Meanwhile he has been MOTM in both his Newcastle games. I think we’ll miss him again today :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The journalists seem to only care about Steven Gerard.
Even Johnny Cantor getting in on the act.

There has been a media frenzy about Gerrard’s genius since he arrived at Villa. All based on winning a league with two teams :shrug:

Remember this is “The Steven Gerrard” (copyright Micky Adams bowing down to Leeds when we played them in League One)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fifty years on (give or take four weeks) from that Willie Irvine goal. Proper result to commemorate that today please! 2-1 to The Albion would be perfect.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Aston Villa? Great old club but lower in the league than BHA right now. They are a decent side but not invincible. Their recent record is not good.
We can win this ... we need to win this so let’s do it ! No predictions from me but It is do-able.
NB . No good bleating on about Dan Burn. The guy is gone, he is history now we play what we have. :albion2:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Such a poor home record we have, hopefully that changes today.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Well we can't be any worse than that shite show of a performance last week, I am sure the team will want to put on a decent performance to make amends, it is a tricky game this but one we can get a result from, a strong imposing start, a couple of early goals and a nice Amex sunny afternoon please!....or a nervy 1-1...oh man, why do I put myself through this..??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am worried about the story of illness in the squad. We could be missing more key players.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We have been much weaker since we sold Dan Burn due to CB injuries and a suspension. Meanwhile he has been MOTM in both his Newcastle games. I think we’ll miss him again today :down:

We finally got to see him have a run in his best position where he excelled and then promptly sold him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here