Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridders coming home?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think Hammond was hated more much more than Bridcutt and we supported him when he returned. If Bridcutt came in and helped us win football matches no one would be booing him. As for @Buzzer's comments about not good enough for Prem. 1, not every moves works, might do well with a different club in a different situation and 2, what if we just got him on loan till the end of the season instead? The 100m+ we'd make from promotion would more than pay for the cost of bringing him in.

Good point and I don't profess to be an expert on the Premier League but he did play in the PL under Poyet and if there was is one manager who knows him and who you'd expect to get the best out of, it would be Gus.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully Ince will train on making Bridcutt a redundant option.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Why buy Bridcutt?
He would just replace Ince on the bench for those occasions that CH wants to try to shut the match down.
Yes exactly why ince has not progressed, he is just used to shore things up. If a starter in another championship side, you may just see a more rounded game from Ince although at this juncture does not figure, and is just told to sit and not express himself.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am 72 but I doubt if I will see the day that Ince is anywhere near as good as Bridcutt was.. At the moment there is no comparison or ever likely to be even taking into account his bad time under gus at Sunderland. Hiis first game in the Championship for Leeds showed where he is best suited, as MOM.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Liam was always going to struggle in the PL as he's not big enough, and before anyone pipes up about the likes of Zola or Wise being small, they were 10 times the player he is. He can win a ball, but his distribution was limited to say the least. He wouldn't fit into our current style and we've moved on as a team, and style. It's now time for him to find a new club. No doubt he'll come back to haunt us at some point, but that's football

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
**** off we don't want him back Liam "sulky I'm not playing" Bridcutt go do one as far as I'm concerned! :tosser:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Liam was always going to struggle in the PL as he's not big enough, and before anyone pipes up about the likes of Zola or Wise being small, they were 10 times the player he is. He can win a ball, but his distribution was limited to say the least. He wouldn't fit into our current style and we've moved on as a team, and style. It's now time for him to find a new club. No doubt he'll come back to haunt us at some point, but that's football

Agree why do we want a player that struggled in the PL?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whos to say he would struggle again under a different manager playing a different system. I would love the opportunity to find out.

On God's green earth, why? Now is not the time for whimsy. Who else would you like to see do a reprise? Vokes? Bennett? Beamish? Napier? I'm always up for an experiment, but I have to have a hypothesis to justify the costs. Otherwise I get laughed at when I seek the funding.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Whos to say he would struggle again under a different manager playing a different system. I would love the opportunity to find out.

We have a better back up in Ince far far better prospect. He REALLY is a better player BG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here