Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridders coming home?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Absolutely excellent player if played in a particular, limited role. The few times he played under Oscar and was asked to do anything outside of the role, he looked completely different. Can't help thinking that may have contributed to his 'mindset' problems. So no from me

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ex-players I'd be happy to have back: Murray and Barnes

Anyone else: no chance

How about Teixeira? :whistle:

No to Bridcutt though for all reasons stated. We've moved on, he'd disrupt the harmony and he'd be shit in 4-4-2.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would take Bridcutt back happily, lets face it Crofts, Holla and JFC look to be heading to the exit door.

If we ever need to play 4-5-1 Bridcutt would be awesome to sit behind Kayal and Stephens. Or just to slip into the side if either are injured.

Much much better than what we currently have if our central 2 got injured.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
There is a huge difference between the two.

That's pedantic because that's not the point I was making.

And even accepting your point - and I wouldn't quite call the difference 'huge' - it would have made more sense to give him another contract so that we had an asset to sell later, rather than let him walk off a free agent to our most hated rivals. He was our best striker, after all.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
So you think Crofts, Holla, JFC and Ince are better than Bridcutt ?..........

Crofts and Holla are clearly not good enough to warm our bench at the moment. JFC is very likely a better player than Bridcutt - certainly more potential at his age - and as for Ince: I met the man-mountain that he already is yesterday at the Young Seagulls and he is clearly built for the Prem in a way that Bridcutt sadly will never be.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Feck him. He was excellent for us prior to getting the itch to go and join Gus, at which point he became a petulant tosser; or perhaps it's more accurate to say that we became aware he was a petulant tosser. There are plenty of players who leave on good terms, some of whom make successful comebacks and are rightly treated as the prodigal son.

If Bridcutt had said at any point following his departure, "You know what, I was a bit of a prat in the way I left the Albion. If I could have that time back, I'd handle the situation differently", I'd feel very differently. He hasn't. So, feck him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS; I think we should try and buy Lookman.

I think Charlton would be better off with Bridcutt. Slow the game down and give the opposing right backs an easier time of it.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Bridcutt is a quality player. I would not mind seeing him back and gives us something different to Kayal and Stephens if needed. Holla and Crofts not up to the standard in my opinion and i am not convinced of Ince in that holding role.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bridcutt is far better than Holla Crofts or Ince and and at the moment JFC although he has potential on his side with age. According to the papers Sunderland will let him go at a cut price.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Would have him back in a shot. His departure, like so often, was not ideal but he gave everything on the pitch - and sometimes off of it as some may remember after the St Patricks Day massacre when he came into the North concourse after the game. Outstanding player at this level.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If we ever need to play 4-5-1 Bridcutt would be awesome to sit behind Kayal and Stephens. Or just to slip into the side if either are injured.

But would you want us playing 4-5-1 again on a regular basis? I certainly wouldn't. We'd end up accommodating him. Big NO from me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
More interested in sulking for half a season while the rest of the squad were putting in the effort to reach the playoffs.

Leo left a hero, Bridcutt pretty much as a zero.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Why buy Bridcutt?
He would just replace Ince on the bench for those occasions that CH wants to try to shut the match down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here