Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridders coming home?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That is close to the oddest view anyone could have of Tony Bloom's attitude and ambition. What does Tony have to gain from not going up?

He has lots / everything to gain if we do go up.

Perhaps it's not so odd if you consider where he was getting his information about Bloom from - I'm guessing it was Poyet.

Poyet and Bridcutt share the same agent, they're obviously quite close and it wouldn't surprise me if Poyet was a little indiscreet towards a player he holds in high regard and looking to take with him. Let's not forget Poyet's 'ceiling' comments regarding the Albion Board. He no doubt saw Bloom's tightening of the purse strings as lack of ambition and desire to play in the PL.

Ergo, Poyet's interpretation becomes Bridcutt's interpretation.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps it's not so odd if you consider where he was getting his information about Bloom from - I'm guessing it was Poyet.

Poyet and Bridcutt share the same agent, they're obviously quite close and it wouldn't surprise me if Poyet was a little indiscreet towards a player he holds in high regard and looking to take with him. Let's not forget Poyet's 'ceiling' comments regarding the Albion Board. He no doubt saw Bloom's tightening of the purse strings as lack of ambition and desire to play in the PL.

Ergo, Poyet's interpretation becomes Bridcutt's interpretation.

If you look at it that way - it makes a lot of sense.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Steve Evans said that the only reason Bridcutt would sign for us is league standings as Leeds are ahead of us on every other statistic.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/12...hoose-brighton-over-leeds-steve-evans/257134/

To be honest, I don't really want us to re-sign Bridcutt after the way he left. However, Evans obviously doesn't realise that we have bigger attendances, a better stadium and a better training ground than Leeds.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I get the impression from his visits here that Evans really dislikes us, but then I'm not sure he's keen on anyone really.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Steve Evans said that the only reason Bridcutt would sign for us is league standings as Leeds are ahead of us on every other statistic.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/12...hoose-brighton-over-leeds-steve-evans/257134/

To be honest, I don't really want us to re-sign Bridcutt after the way he left. However, Evans obviously doesn't realise that we have bigger attendances, a better stadium and a better training ground than Leeds.

Unbelievable bullshit from Evans! Sounds to me (the way it's worded) that he's full on trying to manipulate Liam Bridcutt and his way of thinking. Plus throw into that he's a horrible slimeball *** of a man and I still arrive at assumption he's trying to manipulate :lol:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Where else other than here has Evans been quoted saying that? He sounds like a ****ing moron.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Good as he was for us in a very specific role, (which is not part of the way we play now anyway), when we are in with a really good shout of promotion, why would we want to sign someone who has clearly not made the grade in the Premier League? Any signings in January have to be PL quality, unless they are on a 6 month contract so we can offload if we go up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think of Brighton as Bridcutt's "home", nor do I think he would either.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Nothing to do with Bridders, but there are some CRACKING beards in that video :clap2:

Greers attempt lets the side down IMO....reminds me of Catweazle in that video.

Attachments

• raw-1328112089.jpg
    raw-1328112089.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 401

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where else other than here has Evans been quoted saying that? He sounds like a ****ing moron.

He said exactly that - interview with Yorkshire TV. I saw it on twitter.

In fairness to Evans, what other POSSIBLE reasons would there be to choose the Albion over Leeds, other than league position?

Apart from

The stadium
The training ground
Financial stability
Familiarity with many of the squad
Familiarity with the area
The area itself
The fact that our chairman is not a mentalist
The fact our manager is not Steve Evans

Apart from those, though :shrug:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I really, really wouldn't want him back for a number of reasons:

A) Clearly not cut for the PL which is where we're aiming
B) He's good in one role which we don't facilitate anymore except when defending a lead. Can't see CH changing his team to suit Bridcutt
C) His behaviour and the manner in which he left the club. For the money he was on "not being in the right headspace" is a f**king cheap excuse for not playing.

He wanted out. He got out. He can stay out.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Andy Naylor has tweeted that there's no truth in the rumour and it's hard to see where he'd fit in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bridcutt wouldn't be happy being a squad player at this level, so don't see how this move could work. I don't want anything putting Stephens or KK's nose out of joint, their partnership is PERFECT at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here