Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridders coming home?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry to be pedantic but when did Holla ever do ANY "job"?
You're forgetting Holla was excellent (well very good) when he started.

He is the player that did this:-

But for whatever reason, some time around (now I really want to say) October (but can't help thinking it's actually) September, he completely lost the ability to play football.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd love a player of Bridcutt's quality in our squad. I'd feel a lot more confident about seeing out the tail end of games if a Bridcuttesque(in terms of ability rather than mentality) player came on to form a three man midfield for the last 15-20minutes of games.

Agreed. Anyone that disagrees is just cutting off their nose to spite their face based on some media reports on his departure. If the club are happy to have him back so am I.

We are far too reliant on our central midfield pair. If anything happened, season over I fear. I would trust JFC, Crofts or Ince for a few games but not over any length of time. Also think he could be useful as a squad player if we went up.

There is NO WAY on earth he will be happy being just a "bit part" player. It would disrupt the central midfield which is the ONE thing we cannot ruin at the moment.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is NO WAY on earth he will be happy being just a "bit part" player. It would disrupt the central midfield which is the ONE thing we cannot ruin at the moment.

It isn't a bit part player is it. It's part of a squad competing for places. You can't tell me you are happy with the depth of the squad ? Kayal & Stephens are pros, and would relish competition for places I'm sure

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I don't disagree. My point was a player of his ability(not him but someone with the same quality) would improve the squad. It would give us greater depth and more options which can only be good thing.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
You're forgetting Holla was excellent (well very good) when he started.

He is the player that did this:-

But for whatever reason, some time around (now I really want to say) October (but can't help thinking it's actually) September, he completely lost the ability to play football.

Yep completely forgot about that. I'm trying to block out all of last season the best I can.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Little point in signing Towell if Bridcutt is going to waltz back in as first reserve central midfielder.

That's if he can focus enough to get here.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'd love a player of Bridcutt's quality in our squad. I'd feel a lot more confident about seeing out the tail end of games if a Bridcuttesque(in terms of ability rather than mentality) player came on to form a three man midfield for the last 15-20minutes of games.

Pray tell me his last 10/10 game for us and what he has done since.
The bloke is a has been due to being blinded by £££££££££££££:moo:

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
The only way I can possibly see Bridcutt playing is to give Kayal + Stephens a rest. Play a 4-4-2 diamond with Bridcutt holding and Towell pushing forward.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The one thing that amazes me about this thread, considering it is about an ex player that so much has been written about already, and who didn't exactly leave in a blaze of glory, is that it already has 250 posts

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The one thing that amazes me about this thread, considering it is about an ex player that so much has been written about already, and who didn't exactly leave in a blaze of glory, is that it already has 250 posts
Have you never read a Barnes, Murray and especially Poyet thread?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. Anyone that disagrees is just cutting off their nose to spite their face based on some media reports on his departure. If the club are happy to have him back so am I.

We are far too reliant on our central midfield pair. If anything happened, season over I fear. I would trust JFC, Crofts or Ince for a few games but not over any length of time. Also think he could be useful as a squad player if we went up.

You're talking about a player who was good 3 years ago, and has effectively failed in the premier league (failing to hold down a place in a failing team).

What is the point in signing someone who is of championship standard when we are aspiring for better?

Not to mention the fact he can't be trusted.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You're talking about a player who was good 3 years ago, and has effectively failed in the premier league (failing to hold down a place in a failing team).

Think if you look at our team we have quite a few Premiership failures that need replacing SHOULD we go up!

If the club are happy and comes back, I would not be disappointed

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think if you look at our team we have quite a few Premiership failures that need replacing SHOULD we go up!

If the club are happy and comes back, I would not be disappointed

Not sure about the other premiership failures you are referring to, other than Stockdale, but wasn't he back up to Schwarzer?

I would agree there would be a number of players that need replacing, but why add another?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

this with bells on

FFS - why are you wasting your time posting about it.........why am i wasting my time.......

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He wouldn't get in this squad.

/thread.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He wouldn't get in this squad.

/thread.

I think he would ahead of someone like Holla, who seems to be universally panned on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here