Bridcutt to Norwich as well?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time Murray had a lot of critics. He is 29 now and this is probably going to be his best season in his career. Sadly it wasn't with us but who would have predicted the season he is having ?

The team that signed him sadly.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
wonder if they predicted the crap season he had last year then

Every player takes a little time to settle in. His class was always apparent to most of us.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Might as well have Buckley while they're at. FFS this is what happens when you make deadline day signings like Dobbie and Lopez and find yourself in mid table playing ineffective pretty football. Our best chance of top flight football and Poyet has blown it.

I'd have thought it was your best chance of top-flight football and Poyet has created it.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I will be severely f***ed right off if Bridcutt goes too
Two steps forward 5 back all the time at Brighton !
That Barbers getting up my nose too.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Unless this deal involves Bennett coming back, i'm not optimistic (if true)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I genuinely do not know how we would replace Bridcutt. He is the heartbeat of the team and the Albion should learn from the huge mistake with Murray and break the bank to keep him.

Gus is already training Hammond to do his role, which is why he was substituted on Saturday.

Seriously, I wouldn't panic too much, as the last 3 Januarys we have fought off bids and kept our players until the end of the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The upside is that Gus is actually quite good at finding midfielders that suit our style. I'd take losing Bridcutt for a big fee in exchange for getting a striker who suits our style. Gus will be able to replace Bridcutt far more easily than he seems to be able to find a quality striker at this level. If the deal frees up the money for a striker or involves a player exchange it may not be that bad :shrug:

Not that i want Bridcutt to leave.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Out of contract my arse. We should do every thing to keep hold of Bridders, but that's so obvious it's hardly worth saying it. Macs can go, if we can get someone else.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He blew it by not signing 2 decent strikers in the summer
We are THREE points off the playoffs.

We have ANOTHER transfer window in 3 weeks.

We are in Excellent financial condition to improve our team without fear of losing our best players due to monety shortfallings. Yes we may sell a player if the offer is too good, but thats the same for ANY team. I have never been more DELIGHTED going into a transfer window. We basically ALL know what we need to buy and we're still RIGHT in the hunt for a playoff spot.

In previous windows its been restricted by money, or knowing what our real ambition was, or knowing exactly what needed improving. This season we know all 3.

We literally just need that LITTLE bit extra and we will be sorted.

Mark Jones

Jan 28, 2011
A small club with no chance of winning anything due to finance and remember that we were once 7th ion Div 1 under Mike Bailey but didn't finish up in that position that season. If I was to take a gamble on them it would be for mid table obscurity rather than winning anything.

A small club who are bigger thanBrighton, are in the Premier League & have money to spend...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

We are in Excellent financial condition to improve our team without fear of losing our best players due to monety shortfallings. Yes we may sell a player if the offer is too good, but thats the same for ANY team. I have never been more DELIGHTED going into a transfer window. We basically ALL know what we need to buy and we're still RIGHT in the hunt for a playoff spot.

In previous windows its been restricted by money, or knowing what our real ambition was, or knowing exactly what needed improving. This season we know all 3.

This man speaks sense

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Stop ruining NSC with facts and sense.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
The way Gus is talking I think we could lose 1 or 2 big players, maybe CMS, Bridcutt or heaven help us Buckley and get Grant Holt or Pilkington/Bennett in exchange but will it work?
Is one guy in the box really gonna make a difference when the chances fall to various players, who all seem to MISS, even the bloody target. CMS, Hoskins, Dobbie, Barnes all had decent records at lower levels playing in front of 5-7K crowds so I'm being to think playing in front of 26k is too much pressure for them - do they score these type of chances in training I wonder!.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The way Gus is talking I think we could lose 1 or 2 big players, maybe CMS, Bridcutt or heaven help us Buckley and get Grant Holt or Pilkington/Bennett in exchange but will it work?

I'm sorry, and I HATE being rude but....

What on EARTH are you talking about? That's 2 of their key players. Key PREM players.

That was rude. I'm sorry. It's Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports