Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The difference between the club's statement on Liam and that which they released for Adam's departure is very stark. Adam got an effusive send-off from Tony; Liam, twice player of the year, got a one sentence "thanks and good luck" message from Oscar which contained a typo.

Methinks the club are genuinely peeved about the way he left. Mind you, the transfer fee probably helps ease the pain a bit.

For me? Liam was a wonderful player for us and deserves his chance in the prem. It's a real shame that his behaviour over the last few weeks will tarnish his reputation in my eyes, but tarnished he is. I do wonder whether he is physically strong enough to do the role that he did for us now that he'll be in the prem, and it might well be the case that he only has 4 months there before coming back down. Nonetheless, thanks and good luck, Liam. Hmmm, not that dissimilar to the club's statement really!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I do wonder whether he is physically strong enough to do the role that he did for us now that he'll be in the prem, and it might well be the case that he only has 4 months there before coming back down. !

You have to wonder as lots of Premiership clubs would have had him watched and monitored, yet few have shown interest in signing him. He now gets a chance to prove himself (because of Gus) and get on the big Premiership wage bandwagon. I am sure he can do a job, but will face a completely different quality of player.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That kit looks like an XL on a 13 year old boy :lolol:

Good luck anyway Bridders despite the poor way you acted towards the end.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good Luck and goodbye Liam. Onwards and upwards for Albion and Bridcutt. Pleased it's all done and dusted. The Poyet shadow is hopefully now gone and Oscar can get on with his job without all this shit hanging over him.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That kit looks like an XL on a 13 year old boy :lolol:

Good luck anyway Bridders despite the poor way you acted towards the end.

He looks like he has been photoshopped into that picture.

He's also got the look of a chap that has just had a look around Sunderland town centre!

albionite

May 20, 2009
The difference between the club's statement on Liam and that which they released for Adam's departure is very stark. Adam got an effusive send-off from Tony; Liam, twice player of the year, got a one sentence "thanks and good luck" message from Oscar which contained a typo.

Methinks the club are genuinely peeved about the way he left. Mind you, the transfer fee probably helps ease the pain a bit.

For me? Liam was a wonderful player for us and deserves his chance in the prem. It's a real shame that his behaviour over the last few weeks will tarnish his reputation in my eyes, but tarnished he is. I do wonder whether he is physically strong enough to do the role that he did for us now that he'll be in the prem, and it might well be the case that he only has 4 months there before coming back down. Nonetheless, thanks and good luck, Liam. Hmmm, not that dissimilar to the club's statement really!

If the rumours are true about Poyet being sacked as he had lined up a job with Fulham (now Sunderland) and told certain players he was taking them, then I'm not surprised.

Apr 12, 2011
This move leaves a very bitter after taste for me. At the start of the month I would not have begrudged him the move. However the way he's conducted himself this month has been quite upsetting considering we're the club who gave him a chance. Feels like he's stuck one up to us. To just down tools and say he didn't want to play shows a crap attitude and that's hard for me to forgive. You should give your best until the very end, especially when you're on the sort of money these lot are on. I hope we've refused to pay his last few week's wages.

That being said, I still want to see him do well, and lots of great memories. Just not quite the well wishing send off I always felt I would offer him when he got his chance.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
This move leaves a very bitter after taste for me. At the start of the month I would not have begrudged him the move. However the way he's conducted himself this month has been quite upsetting considering we're the club who gave him a chance. Feels like he's stuck one up to us. To just down tools and say he didn't want to play shows a crap attitude and that's hard for me to forgive. You should give your best until the very end, especially when you're on the sort of money these lot are on. I hope we've refused to pay his last few week's wages.

That being said, I still want to see him do well, and lots of great memories. Just not quite the well wishing send off I always felt I would offer him when he got his chance.

We really don't know what went on behind the scenes though. I doubt it's as simple as he just refused to play. I suspect OG et al knew he was off from the start of this month so wanted to start preparing for life without him.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
sorry if this has been mentioned, can't be arsed to wade through this thread (and others) but where was Liam's tribute video on Seagull's player?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
sorry if this has been mentioned, can't be arsed to wade through this thread (and others) but where was Liam's tribute video on Seagull's player?

They couldn't find any footage in focus :lolol:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Adam got one but no sign of a video for Liam on Youtube so I can only assume it wasn't made

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here