Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A good bit of business. If we buy another decent player today it will be a good January.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We move on. Six months ago the thought of Liam going seemed devastating.....then along came the prINCE........a few months ago losing Bridge seemed awful.....since then he has hardly featured for Reading..............11 months ago most were on the Gus bus......then along came Oscar.
We move on.

Excellent post Soulman.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I can't be arsed to read the whole thread - is this a new transfer record for us? I can't think of anyone going for more if 3.25m quid is accurate.....

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
There's a reason that the managers he played under, Gus especially, felt the need to play defensive minded CMs in front of him during his time here. He's always had that protection and will need it even more so in the Prem.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Interesting that our third best DM has gone to the prem.

Andrews on his day is far superior than bridcutt. Shame he only has that day once every three games.

Is bridcutt the reason why we conceeded so many goals from outside the box??

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Interesting that our third best DM has gone to the prem.

Andrews on his day is far superior than bridcutt.

Is bridcutt the reason why we conceeded so many goals from outside the box??

1868967-1862309_notsureifserious.jpg

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
what i like about this deal is the message it sends to talented young players who get released by prem clubs - come to Brighton, you'll get game time and we'll get you back into the prem.
Liam Bridcutt will be a great example for the club to use when negotiating

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
At the end of the day the Club is in the driving seat and if we dont get an offer which suits the club then he will have to knuckle down and play out his contract and it may spur him on to get back to his form of last year and then hopefully a bigger and better offer may come in the summer for him which will earn him and the club more money and make financial sense to both parties to let him go.
If he sulks around until the end of the season his value will drop and no one will want to buy a player that shows that sort of attitude if he doesnt get his way !!
Agree...as much as I liked Bridcutts input for the club....no man is bigger than the club...an unhappy player is no good at all.
Fans would've wished him well and he would've kept his diginity intact had he said. " At the moment I'm an Albion player and I will give my all for them while I'm here!" But no...he went to the manager and told him,"I'm not focused enough to play"......nobody likes a quitter Liam.
You tarnished your reputation...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
BfTMNtECIAAokK3.jpg

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Thanks for everything Liam, go and tear the Premiership up.

I'm glad he's going to be playing Premiership football, but disappointed it won't be with us.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Still room for the championship badges on the sleeves. Thinking ahead there.

Good luck Liam, thanks for everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here