Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Adam got one but no sign of a video for Liam on Youtube so I can only assume it wasn't made

Ashley got one too.
It really doesn't bother me like it does some fans that a player wants to move on. But the lack of video for our most important player of the last 2 years suggests to me the club weren't all that happy with the way things went. Shame.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I am sure there was one...I might have dreamt it but sure I watched it on Seagulls.co.uk...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
40% pay cut for Liam if Sunderland go down...

From The Times...
The situation at Sunderland equates to a shelving of plans; or, rather, they will prepare for every eventuality. Directors have undertaken a full audit of the club in the event of their relegation. One precaution they have not discarded since their promotion in 2007 is a sweeping 40 per cent pay cut for all staff including players should they go down; their January signings had the same clause inserted in their contracts – but nothing, at this stage, is guaranteed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
But the lack of video for our most important player of the last 2 years suggests to me the club weren't all that happy with the way things went. Shame.

That's not the suggestion from Paul Barber's web chat thingy today, thing is its not that easy to do a tribute video for a defensive midfielder, there are hours and hours or video to look through picking a tackle here and a tackle there whereas finding goals is easy.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

From The Times...
The situation at Sunderland equates to a shelving of plans; or, rather, they will prepare for every eventuality. Directors have undertaken a full audit of the club in the event of their relegation. One precaution they have not discarded since their promotion in 2007 is a sweeping 40 per cent pay cut for all staff including players should they go down; their January signings had the same clause inserted in their contracts – but nothing, at this stage, is guaranteed.

Quite right too

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I find it astonishing to think that this is not standard procedure for all premiership clubs.

Sure - would mean the end of parachute payments - but most players wouldn't agree to it.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

From The Times...

Few tears if relegated, he'll still be on more this August than he was last

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That's not the suggestion from Paul Barber's web chat thingy today, thing is its not that easy to do a tribute video for a defensive midfielder, there are hours and hours or video to look through picking a tackle here and a tackle there whereas finding goals is easy.

Managed to do one for El Abd and he didn't score too many. .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

ah ok, didn't watch that. :thumbsup:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

He didn't look good on MOTD, he seemed to be running in circles and doing a lot of pointing.

He could have helped Vergini out a bit more for the second goal. Vergini had nowhere to go and Bridcutt didn't give him another option to pass to.

You can see how static Bridcutt is in this image and he should have been in a position to recieve the ball.

bridcutt.jpg

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
He did look out of his depth on goals on sunday

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
He didn't look good on MOTD, he seemed to be running in circles and doing a lot of pointing.

He could have helped Vergini out a bit more for the second goal. Vergini had nowhere to go and Bridcutt didn't give him another option to pass to.

You can see how static Bridcutt is in this image and he should have been in a position to recieve the ball.

View attachment 51500

The Sunderland team didn't really turn up at Arsenal and Bridcutt had a very ordinary game by his standards. Didn't offer himself to help his team mate. Ok it was Arsenal who are still a very decent team but he looked more like the Bridcutt we saw before his departure i.e. nowhere near his 'A' game.

I suspect Sunderland are suffering from too many Cup distractions (a bit like us) when really they need to save their energies for Prem survival. It's great to go on a cup run (or two in their case) and reach a Wembley final but they may rue relegation. I recall when we had that magnificent Cup run in '83 (and should have won it of course) but relegation hurt a lot. more.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gotta love our fans :lol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Ashley got one too.
It really doesn't bother me like it does some fans that a player wants to move on. But the lack of video for our most important player of the last 2 years suggests to me the club weren't all that happy with the way things went. Shame.

Thinking about it unlike a lot of players that leave I hav'nt seen Bridcutt doing the usual interviews where a player say's how much they enjoyed their time here and thanking the supporters and the club etc so maybe it wasn't an amicable parting of the ways, Anyway he's gone, we've got a healthier bank balance and it's onwards and upwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here