Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
With Ince and Andrews in the squad, I'm not even sure we need to replace him.

This. In any case, it sounds as if we're getting Stephens in to strengthen midfield options. That will still leave a fair amount of change from the Bridcutt deal, which needs to be spent on.... quality striker(s)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yes, but could we get a replacement of his quality for £4m?

A non goalscoring central midfielder who has never played in the premier league?

Yeah, probably.

Don't get me wrong. He is VERY good....but £4m for a player in his role...at our level...is a FANTASTIC deal for us.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Considering both are playing in the same side at the moment...one gets injured/suspended..whos the replacement?

Personally if the tweet is true i wish him well

Is a fair point, but I would imagine we would use the cash for a Crofts replacement, he could play interchangeably with either Ince or Andrews.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Disappointed it is only £4M , would have liked an extra £1M dependent on add-ons to show his true value.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is a fair point, but I would imagine we would use the cash for a Crofts replacement, he could play interchangeably with either Ince or Andrews.

well thats a fair point...its a temporary replacement for Crofts...also remember Andrews is only here on loan...JFC iis still learning his trade...Andrews gets injured say...and u hav a pretty inexperienced midfield and KAug doesn't like to run around a lot

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I'll be amazed when it goes through if the club don't come out with the usual 'undisclosed fee'. I understand why they do this, but if it is £4 million, that's bloody good business. As for getting on his back about not wanting to play, I'm not sure Oscar or the club would have wanted to play him anyway. That's a lot of money to risk losing if he got injured. We always knew he would go sooner or later and it's not like we've been particularly weaker for him not playing, so I say good luck Liam, it's been a pleasure to watch you play for the Albion.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, but could we get a replacement of his quality for £4m?

I don't think we need to replace him as the role he plays, very well incidentally, is not as vital under Oscar as it was under Poyet. Garcia seems to want to have a more mobile and attacking midfield and that isn't Bridcutt, he's great at being a holding midfielder, getting the ball off the defenders and finding another midfielder but he isn't attack minded enough for our new midfield. This is where Ince comes in, he's taller, stronger, more mobile, more of a goal threat and I think he's got the potential to be a better player than Bridcutt.

With Ince, Andrews, Kemy, JFC even Lopez and Orlandi capable to playing in the centre of midfield the potential addition of this Charlton lad mean that we've got more than enough players capable to performing in a Garcia midfield.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
What a fantastic bit of business (if true).

Good luck to Liam. He's been a fantastic player for us but I'm glad he's finally going.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
He can focus off with the attitude he's shown lately.

Ashley Barnes anyone, or AEA?
Both seemed pretty damned focused to me even though they wanted away.

Little shit.

The last couple of weeks have left a little sour taste in the mouth, but what he's contributed to the club over the last few years must far outweigh this.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A great player for keeping the team ticking over, but as pointed out above does not do anything creative. Also, whenever opposing teams pushed on Bridcutt and closed him down, we stopped playing (hence the no plan B accusations under Gus). I think that since he has been back Oscar has asked more of him and that is why he hasn't looked so composed (prior to the tapping up) as i don't think Oscar is happy to have a midfield player just sit with no attacking intent.

So £4M is excellent business. Bite their hand off, good bye and good luck Liam (I'll clap you when you come back but El-Abd will get a bigger cheer from me when he returns)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports