Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not travelled apparently

If he's not injured, that's pretty piss poor seeing as he has hardly played at all this year and is a contracted player. I guess it's possible that Oscar isn't interested in having him in the squad anymore,

Feb 14, 2010
He is a young lad with the chance to be a Premier League footballer. Can't blame him and he has hardly played this season which makes me think this has been on the cards since the summer. Nobody is at fault, not the Albion, player or Poyet. We are not top flight, they are. That is it, there is no need to try and blame someone.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He is a young lad with the chance to be a Premier League footballer. Can't blame him and he has hardly played this season which makes me think this has been on the cards since the summer. Nobody is at fault, not the Albion, player or Poyet. We are not top flight, they are. That is it, there is no need to try and blame someone.

Until he goes he should be looking to play imo, if he doesn't want to it shows a piss poor attitude, he'd also be getting match fit and able to slot straight into the Sunderland team if picked. I hope it's just that Oscar doesn't want him playing anymore.

Feb 14, 2010
Until he goes he should be looking to play imo, if he doesn't want to it shows a piss poor attitude, he'd also be getting match fit and able to slot straight into the Sunderland team if picked. I hope it's just that Oscar doesn't want him playing anymore.

Well look at it from his point of you. You are him, a chance to be a premier league footballer after Christmas but all that goes if you get injured before christmas. Be honest with yourself, you would do exactly the same. I would anyway. Its like handing your notice in at work, you are there but frankly you are not really.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well look at it from his point of you. You are him, a chance to be a premier league footballer after Christmas but all that goes if you get injured before christmas. Be honest with yourself, you would do exactly the same. I would anyway. Its like handing your notice in at work, you are there but frankly you are not really.

Nope I'd give 100% right up until I left, as most players do in my opinion. Barnes was the subject of a summer bid and played his heart out for us right up to his last game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

He should buy himself out of his contract, if he is not willing to play for us.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Agree completely. I don't think anyone can blame him for wanting to leave. He has a young family to think about as well and has spent a large chunk of his career in the lower leagues and probably not on massive money. The chance to play Premier League football and earn substantially more must be very hard to resist.

Also, we don't know for sure it is Bridcutt refusing to play, or Oscar et al deciding not to pick him.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agree completely. I don't think anyone can blame him for wanting to leave. He has a young family to think about as well and has spent a large chunk of his career in the lower leagues and probably not on massive money. The chance to play Premier League football and earn substantially more must be very hard to resist.

What a load of crap, until he leaves he should be committed to the club that gave him his chance. Not suggesting he even thinks about turning down Sunderland btw.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What a load of crap, until he leaves he should be committed to the club that gave him his chance.

Of course. But might it not be that Oscar has decided not to pick him and get on with working on players who will be here? Not necessarily Bridcutt refusing to play.

There might also be an issue with how you would deal with players staying at the Albion who would probably be proper pissed off if Bridcutt - who is pretty certain to leave - was getting picked above them.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Of course. But might it not be that Oscar has decided not to pick him and get on with working on players who will be here? Not necessarily Bridcutt refusing to play.

True but you are suggesting it's OK for him not to want to play if I am reading what you wrote correctly.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
True but you are suggesting it's OK for him not to want to play if I am reading what you wrote correctly.

No, if he is here and being paid he should be available for selection.

However, I can understand why his mind may be elsewhere and therefore perhaps not WORTH picking when you factor in A) it might upset other players staying, B) He wouldn't be a the top of his game, C) We did OK without him earlier in the season and D) Oscar might want to get on with sorting out his midfield and getting it settled in anticipation of Bridcutt leaving.

That isn't necessarily something which Bridcutt can be blamed for and does not mean he is refusing to play.

Feb 14, 2010
Nope I'd give 100% right up until I left, as most players do in my opinion. Barnes was the subject of a summer bid and played his heart out for us right up to his last game.

Barnes was not going to the Premier league he went to Burnley. Come off it, dont be pious. If you were him then you would do the same. As for buying himself out the contract, we wouldnt let him as he has a transfer value that can only be obtained in the transfer window (which i unlike most agree with as I remember when players went and ruined the side just like that).

Feb 14, 2010
He should be playing out of his skin to force the potential suitors to break the bank.

And if he gets injured then that is his career and life changed forever. You must be joking if that is what you would do. I certainly wouldnt. You go to work for yourself, to do the best by yourself and in that way help the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here