Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This really stinks, Bridcutt has had his head turned and now we have to do this ridiculous dance over how much we get for him which will rumble on til the last day of January. Meantime we have already effectively lost him as a player already. Maybe the transfer window should just be 3 days at the end of the month.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
He'll go, undisclosed fee. Nothing else to know move on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 3m
Sunderland are preparing a new bid for long-term target Liam Bridcutt. #SAFC #BHAFC

If they are serious about Bridcutt will they use Wickham as a carrot to dangle in front of our board ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This really stinks, Bridcutt has had his head turned and now we have to do this ridiculous dance over how much we get for him which will rumble on til the last day of January. Meantime we have already effectively lost him as a player already. Maybe the transfer window should just be 3 days at the end of the month.

I'd rather we gave him to Gus at the end of the transfer window or until a sensible offer was put in, it would have been far too kind to have handed him over last week.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'd rather we gave him to Gus at the end of the transfer window or until a sensible offer was put in, it would have been far too kind to have handed him over last week.

But in doing that, if some some of his transfer fee gets re invested into the playing budget we have no time to sign anyone else :sad:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The again, we've turned down his transfer request.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

'already....already .

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He will soon start saying that Brighton and Hove Albion are a club he hopes to manage again, one day...

I think this transfer is a lot about Gus and the messy way he can do his business, I agree with Sparkie and that £5 million is where Bloom should start and if Sunderland are interested they need to get real.

Not convinced Sunderland are that worried either way - they have two irons in the fire at the moment, looking to sign Ki and/or Bridcutt.

Of course, having had his transfer request turned down a deal could be done between the clubs and if LB were feeling awkward could refuse to agree terms - not likely but just as likely as some of the suggestions that are on this thread!

In real terms a deal is being worked out between the clubs, granted with input from both coaches, and what it all really boils down to is money - I can't see how personalities enter into it.

Aug 23, 2011
He will soon start saying that Brighton and Hove Albion are a club he hopes to manage again, one day...

I think this transfer is a lot about Gus and the messy way he can do his business, I agree with Sparkie and that £5 million is where Bloom should start and if Sunderland are interested they need to get real.

I don't recall any messy transfers when poyet was here or am I forgetting something?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
They can bd all they want. Don't reckon The Bloomster will sell to Gus unless its more than Bridcutts value.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't recall any messy transfers when poyet was here or am I forgetting something?

It's just another dig when most people realise that a manager wants a player but the transfers are handled by the directors of football, like De Fanti & Burke.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The position Sunderland are in I very much doubt bridcutt is their number 1 target.If they can get him without a struggle then fair enough but I don't think they will want to be wasting time trying to get him on the cheap when they probably have bigger targets in mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here