Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have. He was (surprisingly) Sunderland's best player, when we beat them at the Amex. I think people underestimate how big the step up to the Preminer league is.

He can't pass, certainly not in the metronomic way Liam can. Gus wants rid and the games I've seen this season I can see why.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why more ? Ince has been performing incredibly well in his place and Bridcutt simply hasnt. Add in that he wants out to a Premier League club - why does he therefore deserve more playing time ?

Will be very, very surprised if we will reward a player who appears to be getting bigger than the club with more playing time.

Sorry, I expect more clubs to bid from Bridcutt (bidders!). Hope that's clear now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bidders for Bridders? Think there will be a few twists and turns before it's all sorted. Palace and Baggies still to come out of the long grass as teams his style might suit.
Not convinced we should be looking at Ince as the direct replacement as he is more comfortable pushing a little furthrr forward in the Oscar style. Andrews is much more comfortable in a purely holding role, especially away from home whilst at the Amex as we saw on Saturday, he can push forward effectively. I'm not saying it takes two to replace Liam but as a pairing they are a great package

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Solly took his car into the garage where my son works and said that Ulloa and Buckley not going anywhere, Bridders on the other hand he had no idea

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bidders for Bridders? Think there will be a few twists and turns before it's all sorted. Palace and Baggies still to come out of the long grass as teams his style might suit.
Not convinced we should be looking at Ince as the direct replacement as he is more comfortable pushing a little furthrr forward in the Oscar style. Andrews is much more comfortable in a purely holding role, especially away from home whilst at the Amex as we saw on Saturday, he can push forward effectively. I'm not saying it takes two to replace Liam but as a pairing they are a great package

Not convinced Ince has the technical ability to play further forward, he's naturally defensively minded. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him playing Bridcutt's position on the pitch but playing a slightly more attacking role there.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ahhh, that makes sense - what with a message pretty much saying "we will sell as long as you dont take the piss like Sunderland".

I said 5m to Sunderland. My theory is that this was the price, then Sunderland came back with the low offer with perhaps Gus knowing that LB wanted to come and would put in a transfer request when the offer was declined. I think Sunderland thought that when LB put in a transfer request then the club would sell.
I think TB has called their bluff. I expect a higher offer to come in soon, around 5m.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I said 5m to Sunderland. My theory is that this was the price, then Sunderland came back with the low offer with perhaps Gus knowing that LB wanted to come and would put in a transfer request when the offer was declined. I think Sunderland thought that when LB put in a transfer request then the club would sell.
I think TB has called their bluff. I expect a higher offer to come in soon, around 5m.

In my opinion we need to not let Gus/Sunderland get away with taking the piss. Cave in and they are back with a 4 million bid for Ulloa, and perhaps 1 million for Orlandi.

Draw the line in the sand now.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Quite.
I think a lot of us realised some time ago that Gustavo Poyet wasn't adverse to underhand tactics in his dealings as a football manager. He demonstrated quite clearly that his own future was more important than that of BHA. In the most important few weeks in our club's history, he decided to enter into talks with another club. He then tried to blackmail the board at BHA into paying him more money. He then offered his resignation, unsettled players with veiled suggestions that he would be gainfully employed elsewhere in the following season and then to cap it all, lost focus during the play-offs, failed to concentrate, threw childish hissy fits and potentially cost the club £100m. On top of that, he has now turned the head of our best player. Its affected his recent performances and thus, our team's performances. He has undermined us again.
But apart from all that..he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are posters on here who would have him back in a blink of an eye. The greatest manager in our history and we owe him everything.
Icy Gull is right...he's just a fecking weasel.

It is all about opinions..............and I agree 100% with your opinion.

I particularly agreed with yours and Icy Gulls description of him...."he's just a fecking weasel".

Goldston Wrap

Dec 31, 2013
Hove
Liam. I get the Gus thing and playing for a Premiership team, but have you seriously thought this through? Sunderland, bottom of the league at Christmas. Interesting Stat. Only 1 team has managed to stay up when being bottom of the league at Christmas since the Premiere League was formed! That gives you around 3 months of football in the promised land. Then you'll be back down, playing your football in the Championship! How ironic if Sunderland went down while watching us go the other way!! Its not too late to change your mind! Think son think!!:ascarf:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I suspect that the stalemate is that TB and Gus both think that Liam is worth £3.5M-£4M and the people in charge of the purse at Sunderland think he is worth £2.5M. As mentioned the other day, now all parties involved have had their say, I can see Sunderland walking away.

I really can't see that Liam is that crucial to Sunderland and therefor wonder why this is still going on. Unless Gus had already said to Liam last season that he was leaving and would come back for him, but didn't expect it to be in Red and White stripes :whistle:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I suspect that the stalemate is that TB and Gus both think that Liam is worth £3.5M-£4M and the people in charge of the purse at Sunderland think he is worth £2.5M. As mentioned the other day, now all parties involved have had their say, I can see Sunderland walking away.

I really can't see that Liam is that crucial to Sunderland and therefor wonder why this is still going on. Unless Gus had already said to Liam last season that he was leaving and would come back for him, but didn't expect it to be in Red and White stripes :whistle:

Totally agree, and if this is the case Gus could have a serious strop about the backing he is being given.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Why won't he stop going on about us? (joke)

He will soon start saying that Brighton and Hove Albion are a club he hopes to manage again, one day...

I think this transfer is a lot about Gus and the messy way he can do his business, I agree with Sparkie and that £5 million is where Bloom should start and if Sunderland are interested they need to get real.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 3m
Sunderland are preparing a new bid for long-term target Liam Bridcutt. #SAFC #BHAFC

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We knew it was coming.... Nothing of surprise here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here