Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think we need to replace him as the role he plays, very well incidentally, is not as vital under Oscar as it was under Poyet. Garcia seems to want to have a more mobile and attacking midfield and that isn't Bridcutt, he's great at being a holding midfielder, getting the ball off the defenders and finding another midfielder but he isn't attack minded enough for our new midfield. This is where Ince comes in, he's taller, stronger, more mobile, more of a goal threat and I think he's got the potential to be a better player than Bridcutt.

With Ince, Andrews, Kemy, JFC even Lopez and Orlandi capable to playing in the centre of midfield the potential addition of this Charlton lad mean that we've got more than enough players capable to performing in a Garcia midfield.

YaYa has the physique to play the attacking midfielder role that doesn't suit Bridders in the new set up. Playing it the Garcia way is an evolutionary step up to our style under Poyet.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I remember the pre season interview with him when we were in Spain. Almost issuing a come and get me plea to the prem league.

His heart has been long gone from BHA.

Poor attitude recent weeks but cant knock him for the football we got out of him. Gave everything for us for a long time and deserves a step up.

4 million good business for someone we have done without this season.

Lets hope its re-invested

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not sure that I am happy with £4m but suppose that now his head has been turned and no interest in being here it is ok.

If this is true does that mean the Wickham part has no chance of happening? That would of softened the loss of Bridcutt.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
It's just sad really.
I have been a HUGE Bridcutt fan.
I bored all my City and United and Liverpool supporting mates to death with stories of his talent.
Not sure I'll even watch him in the Prem now :(

Get a grip.

Bridcutt is a 100% commitment type of player; I fully understand his position as I work in high pressure, high value sales and have done for 18 years. I have moved companies 4 or 5 times and the day I decide to leave is the day I go, because it is impossible to focus once that decision is made. Generally employers in my industry are in agreement and are happy to pay-off on that day too.

Footballers operate in a similar way, one is either all-in or all-out. It is not the same as a 9-5 grind, salaried type job. I get a salary but it only represents 20% of my income at best, similarly footballers rely on appearance and incentive money.

Bridcutt did the club a massive favour by handing in the transfer request because that meant we did not have to pay-off the remainder of his contract or pay any add-ons.

If Bridcutt had played whilst not 100% committed he would have been at great risk of injury as most footballers will tell you. And that, understandably, is a risk he didn't want to take. Brighton have delayed this transfer by holding out for more money, which is fine, but don't make Liam responsible for that.

People in high performance, high pay environments will understand this, people in low-middle income brackets with 90-100% of the earnings reliant on salary might not.

Bridcutt has been an absolutely terrific player for Brighton, and some of the comments on here have been disgraceful with no comprehension of the fact that this represents his one chance to make it, something he has worked for since he was 8 or 9 years old probably and with all the knocks and put downs in between.

Yes, it's disappointing for us, but if anyone suggests that he has not given everything he has got for the stripes then they need to look in the mirror really.

Go and make us proud Liam, I will be supporting you for one.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Please,he put's weight on at half time.

If Agustien can perform like Andy Reid who often belies his appearance then I wouldn't care if he carries a little excess.

However there is something unacceptable about a professional sportsperson who cannot maintain their true fighting weight. I imagine Agustien could be a hell of a player if he didn't have to carry that excess around the pitch with him.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
'Approx' £4m. I trust Tony hasn't been suckered into some £2m down payment, another £1.5m if they stay up kind of deal.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
If Agustien can perform like Andy Reid who often belies his appearance then I wouldn't care if he carries a little excess.

However there is something unacceptable about a professional sportsperson who cannot maintain their true fighting weight. I imagine Agustien could be a hell of a player if he didn't have to carry that excess around the pitch with him.

Agreed.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Let's play 'Predict the wording of the official confirmation tweet'. I'll start:

"@OfficialBHAFC: Liam Bridcutt has left #BHAFC to join Sunderland for a club record undisclosed fee on a three-and-a-half year deal."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Get a grip.

Bridcutt is a 100% commitment type of player; I fully understand his position as I work in high pressure, high value sales and have done for 18 years. I have moved companies 4 or 5 times and the day I decide to leave is the day I go, because it is impossible to focus once that decision is made. Generally employers in my industry are in agreement and are happy to pay-off on that day too.

Footballers operate in a similar way, one is either all-in or all-out. It is not the same as a 9-5 grind, salaried type job. I get a salary but it only represents 20% of my income at best, similarly footballers rely on appearance and incentive money.

Bridcutt did the club a massive favour by handing in the transfer request because that meant we did not have to pay-off the remainder of his contract or pay any add-ons.

If Bridcutt had played whilst not 100% committed he would have been at great risk of injury as most footballers will tell you. And that, understandably, is a risk he didn't want to take. Brighton have delayed this transfer by holding out for more money, which is fine, but don't make Liam responsible for that.

People in high performance, high pay environments will understand this, people in low-middle income brackets with 90-100% of the earnings reliant on salary might not.

Bridcutt has been an absolutely terrific player for Brighton, and some of the comments on here have been disgraceful with no comprehension of the fact that this represents his one chance to make it, something he has worked for since he was 8 or 9 years old probably and with all the knocks and put downs in between.

Yes, it's disappointing for us, but if anyone suggests that he has not given everything he has got for the stripes then they need to look in the mirror really.

Go and make us proud Liam, I will be supporting you for one.

Hard to agree with any of that when you consider how Barnes played until the day he left, and he'd been approached in the summer.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Whatever the fee is, i do wonder if we were forced to wait for it in order to make any signings so late in the day. The potential cost of unblinking pokerfacedness i suppose.
Anyway, 3 or 4 mil is a good fee and i wish Liam all the best once he's gone, in spite of the difficulties we've had whilst this scenario took a quiet but bruising centre stage over the last few Bridcuttless weeks.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hard to agree with any of that when you consider how Barnes played until the day he left, and he'd been approached in the summer.

Or Murray or Suarez or any of the COUNTLESS examples of players who want to leave but still put in 100%.

D

Deleted member 22389

Would be pissed off if it was £3m way worth more than that.

May be we are getting a loan player from them. Who knows. £3M feels a bit short, but it was better than their original offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here