Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes was not going to the Premier league he went to Burnley. Come off it, dont be pious. If you were him then you would do the same. As for buying himself out the contract, we wouldnt let him as he has a transfer value that can only be obtained in the transfer window (which i unlike most agree with as I remember when players went and ruined the side just like that).

Don't get the thinking that because it's a Premier League club wanting you it's means it's ok to just stop wanting to play for the club that pays your wages, nothing pious about it, just old fashioned morals.

That's not to say that it's Oscar who's not picking Bridcutt and he may be gagging to play for all I know, I just don't agree that it's Ok to go on strike effectively because you can't have your own way right now which you seem to be suggesting :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He is under contract to us. The bottom line is, if he was selected to play, he should play otherwise completely unprofessional. If he stood there with his arms folded, then he would look ridiculous and alienate everyone (see Pierre Van Hooidonk (?sp)), when he played for Forest. Team mates ignored him when he refused to train and clubs didn't want to touch him.

In terms of performance, he hasn't exactly set the world alight this year any way, particularly when you consider how magnificent he's been since he joined us.

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
Just read this via twitter..

Manish Bhasin ‏@_manishbhasin 3m
Liam Bridcutt reportedly to finally go to Sunderland for £4mn - sounds like a decent deal for Brighton

D

Deleted member 22389

Just read this via twitter..

Manish Bhasin ‏@_manishbhasin 3m
Liam Bridcutt reportedly to finally go to Sunderland for £4mn - sounds like a decent deal for Brighton

Very good deal indeed. Think most if not all would be happy with that.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hopefully that £4m is going to be reinvested on a couple of signings before the deadline.

Could be a busy deadline day

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Good deal for him and us I guess if it goes through,... hope he will happy on the bench for the rest of the season though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
£4m just mentioned on Talksport. Bye bye Liam, hope you can get your focus back now.

Maybe we could spend it on some cladding.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
£4m just mentioned on Talksport. Bye bye Liam, hope you can get your focus back now.

Maybe we could spend it on some cladding.

He can focus off with the attitude he's shown lately.

Ashley Barnes anyone, or AEA?
Both seemed pretty damned focused to me even though they wanted away.

Little shit.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
He can focus off with the attitude he's shown lately.

Ashley Barnes anyone, or AEA?
Both seemed pretty damned focused to me even though they wanted away.

Little shit.

Absolutely Tony. All those good years playing in our colours tainted in such a short time. Poyet and Bridcutt are welcome to each other.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Absolutely Tony. All those good years playing in our colours tainted in such a short time. Poyet and Bridcutt are welcome to each other.

It's just sad really.
I have been a HUGE Bridcutt fan.
I bored all my City and United and Liverpool supporting mates to death with stories of his talent.
Not sure I'll even watch him in the Prem now :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports