Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Was going to start a thread on this and I thought I won't bother, there's nothing new and 0.2% of GDP stimulus in hardly significant. For the record Germany will be spending 4% in its post corona stimulus, thats a bit more like Roosevelt

What was marked from Johnson's speech was the need to be in campaign mode, the first 5 minutes he just congratulated himself.

This is possibly because he only has one mode in which to operate (Oxford Union debate c.1985). Of all the things about him that I detest, the one that winds me up the most is when he thumps the lectern. On second thoughts, that comes second to the fact that he's a lying w*anker.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was going to start a thread on this and I thought I won't bother, there's nothing new and 0.2% of GDP stimulus in hardly significant. For the record Germany will be spending 4% in its post corona stimulus, thats a bit more like Roosevelt

What was marked from Johnson's speech was the need to be in campaign mode, the first 5 minutes he just congratulated himself.

The BBC fact checked his speech and lots of the projects were either already in place or the funding has been brought forward from previous promises. it really isn't a " Rooseveltian " fundamental restart/kickstart, its a " Johnsonian " pifflewaffle of nebulous promises and fantasy. He actually has the chance to make up for all the ****ups in his political career and his private life and indeed lead us magically to the Promised Land but somehow, I very much doubt it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Any sign of a second go at that Garden Bridge ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
This is something to celebrate

IMG_20200701_102432.jpg:wanker:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Reading that twitter thread regarding the English couple living in France who voted Brexit but didnt realise ending 'freedom of movement' was a two way street is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/archer_rs/status/1277505330885386240

It is getting funnier by the day. I've never actually bothered with twitter before but this is superb.

I'm just waiting for him to reveal the idiot son is a Brighton supporter who is getting advice on a football forum. He does sound familiar :lolol:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It is getting funnier by the day. I've never actually bothered with twitter before but this is superb.

I'm just waiting for him to reveal the idiot son is a Brighton supporter who is getting advice on a football forum. He does sound familiar :lolol:

Its a funny article but not funny when you realise people like that brought us to this ridiculous juncture

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Reading that twitter thread regarding the English couple living in France who voted Brexit but didnt realise ending 'freedom of movement' was a two way street is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/archer_rs/status/1277505330885386240

No surprise. But it is hilarious that this Brexit Govt, full of those that campaigned to leave with a particular focus on taking back control of immigration (see Priti latest boasts) are giving the right to 3 million Hong Kong citizens the right to settle here. You couldn’t make it up. They are truly shambolic and the hard Brexiteers have been made mugs of again. They must be embarrassed

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No surprise. But it is hilarious that this Brexit Govt, full of those that campaigned to leave with a particular focus on taking back control of immigration (see Priti latest boasts) are giving the right to 3 million Hong Kong citizens the right to settle here. You couldn’t make it up. They are truly shambolic and the hard Brexiteers have been made mugs of again. They must be embarrassed

Number 10 in the Vote Leave's Brexit promises to the British people - "immigration reduced to ten of thousands"

Capture.JPG

Maybe that was per month?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They are victims.

Meanwhile almost a year ago today from Johnson...

"odds of no-deal Brexit are 'a million-to-one against"

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...f-no-deal-brexit-are-a-million-to-one-against

So Boris was right then to predict that in June 2019.
The UK and EU amended Theresa Mays “deal”, and our membership ended with a “Deal” (The Withdrawal Agreement) and didn’t end on a No-Deal (No Withdrawal Agreement) basis.
Can imagine some strange types not knowing membership ended with a Withdrawal Deal, probably the same ones still staring at the cooker wondering when the oven ready deal (The Withdrawal Deal) will appear, not knowing the oven ready deal (The Withdrawal Deal) finally passed, got served and was delicious.
But in fairness thats only a small handful of simpletons who cant keep up.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Its entertaining watching Brexit Jihadists try to 'spin' this cluster****. Sadly, they have to, in order to avoid the obvious fact that they are gullible dickheads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here