Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And, yes I'm aware there will be large numbers who didn't vote for it and will suffer, and who did vote for it and won't, but at the end of the day, every statistical breakdown of the Brexit vote and the Government majority at the last election, supports my statement that those who voted for it will 'get to enjoy the outcome of it' most.

You forgot your section, those that didn’t vote for it and won’t suffer [emoji6]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We have been a refuge for criminals from all over Europe for years now, it makes no difference. It is the same all over Europe.
Plenty of dodgy Russians for instance in plain view, often funding the Tory Party, even to the extent of paying a donation in order to play Tennis with Johnson.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Plenty of dodgy Russians for instance in plain view, often funding the Tory Party, even to the extent of paying a donation in order to play Tennis with Johnson.

NO, NO, NO! This party is for the PEOPLE who were democratically mugged by them.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So that's it then. Just a bit of tidying up and it's oven ready and good to go. And f those pesky Europeans don't like it, we can remind them (in plain English) that they need us more than we need them!

Small problem:
A transition period: during which the EU treats the United Kingdom as if it were a Member State, with the exception of participation in the EU institutions and governance structures. The EU and the United Kingdom will use these months to negotiate an ambitious and fair partnership for the future.

Oh hang on. The WA actually explicitly includes a pledge for more negotiation. Doesn't that actually mean that its not oven ready and good to go? Typical of these EU types to lay traps like this. Oh hang on - we agreed to this. Oh I get it: that's why it was called an Agreement

Look, here's a pragmatic solution. We send Pasta over there to explain things and sort it out/get it done. But what is the 'it'? Oh I know, the 'it' is w what voted for. Whatever that was.

Totally clear; Pasta knows. And they need us more than we need them: so it's sorted by Pasta on behalf of simpletons everywhere.

Next week: Pasta sorts out the Middle East. He's just booked his ticket to Colchester.

Sigh

You have simply muddled and conflated your entities.
The Withdrawal Agreement (the oven ready deal) is the legally binding treaty that allows for a transition period. The primary purpose of the transition is to help with institutions, citizens, businesses and those that administer governance to adapt to our membership ending. The pledge in the Withdrawal Agreement (the oven ready deal) for negotiations is specifically linked to the future relationship and referenced (in the Withdrawal Agreement text) to the separate Political Declaration.

The months being used to negotiate an ambitious and fair partnership for the future part is based on the parameters set in the Political Declaration not parameters in the Withdrawal Agreement (the oven ready deal)

The two (WA & PD) are separate entities, the political declaration is not legally binding, it is nothing more than the framework for the future relationship following withdrawal, as laid out in Article 50. The Withdrawal Agreement/Treaty (the oven ready deal) is the legally binding aspect.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Sigh

The Withdrawal Agreement (the oven ready deal) is the legally binding treaty that allows for a transition period. The primary purpose of the transition is to help with institutions, citizens, businesses and those that administer governance to adapt to our membership ending. The pledge in the Withdrawal Agreement (the oven ready deal) for negotiations is specifically linked to the future relationship and referenced (in the Withdrawal Agreement text) to the separate Political Declaration.

The months being used to negotiate an ambitious and fair partnership for the future part is based on the parameters set in the Political Declaration not parameters in the Withdrawal Agreement (the oven ready deal)

The two (WA & PD) are separate entities, the political declaration is not legally binding, it is nothing more than the framework for the future relationship following withdrawal, as laid out in Article 50. The Withdrawal Agreement/Treaty (the oven ready deal) is the legally binding aspect.

Good luck with that load of bollocks

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its ok David.
You have already demonstrated you cant comprehend that the oven ready deal (the withdrawal agreement) has been and gone.
Thoughts and prayers etc etc
And you've already demonstrated that you can't explain what the point of Brexit is.

Or maybe David just can't be arsed to explain his understanding of the oven ready deal. After all, that's the sort of horseshit we've come to expect from you.

Jan 30, 2008
And you've already demonstrated that you can't explain what the point of Brexit is.

Or maybe David just can't be arsed to explain his understanding of the oven ready deal. After all, that's the sort of horseshit we've come to expect from you.

Oh come on David stop being so bitter, a referendum was held the vote was to leave so we left , that's democracy for you :dunce:
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008

Your only point is that you don't like Democracy ,no one has to justify their actions to Lemons like yourself, the EU is a fading memory move on
Regards
DF

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh come on David stop being so bitter, a referendum was held the vote was to leave so we left , that's democracy for you :dunce:
Regards
DF
Yes that is indeed democracy.

What concerns me is the devil in the detail. The people who said "get Brexit done" have been given carte blanche to do as they please, and if that is "no deal" then that could be incredibly damaging. In an era of food banks and now more poverty owing to Corona virus related contraction of the economy, the very last thing we need is 20% tariffs on basic foodstuffs. But that is where we are heading.

It is dishonest and incompetent.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes that is indeed democracy.

What concerns me is the devil in the detail. The people who said "get Brexit done" have been given carte blanche to do as they please, and if that is "no deal" then that could be incredibly damaging. In an era of food banks and now more poverty owing to Corona virus related contraction of the economy, the very last thing we need is 20% tariffs on basic foodstuffs. But that is where we are heading.

It is dishonest and incompetent.

Wouldnt it be great if we lived in an ideal world though
Regards
DF

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Your only point is that you don't like Democracy ,no one has to justify their actions to Lemons like yourself the EU is a fading memory move on
Regards
DF
No that isn't my point. My point is that democracy is easily subverted and manipulates and I'm afraid that is what we are seeing.

In the end, this whole project may well be propped up by thick, ignorant gammon like yourself, too stupid to see the damage that might end up being caused. We will see, there are a few Brexiteers on here I trust to genuinely call it as it is if it does go wrong. You're not one of them, as you're a moron who is more concerned with lapping up the sight of people who are better than you in distress than engaging in discussion of any potential benefits of Brexit. You sad, sad c*nt.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wouldnt it be great if we lived in an ideal world though
Regards
DF

But then we wouldn't have the pleasure of seeing racist, anti-Semitic, unemployable, nazi worshipping morons, such as yourself, regularly

2i9v8i.jpg

and the world needs more humour

Tick Tock indeed :lolol::lolol::lolol:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Times running out to avoid 'no deal', and crippling the country
tick tock

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Sigh

Well that's clear then! But thanks for responding.

The substantive (practicable) point is this (sophistry aside): there is unfinished business which we are legally/morally bound to negotiate. As for this 'over ready' bollocks (oh I do hate Johnson's journalistic approach to serious matters of state which instantly trivialises all that it touches) I would think that this means it still needs cooking!
And the bad news is that the electricity has been cut-off. Were it an old fashioned gas oven I might be tempted to recommend where BJ should put his head.

I don't want to go into the swamp of procedure, but (genuinely interested) what is your view of the situation if negotiations break down. What do we default to? Presumably WTO rules? But do you (or anyone?) have a grasp of what these look like in practice?

As it happens I don't think negs will break down. Not because 'they need us more than we need them' but because I'm assuming there might just be a sliver of common-sense located somewhere underneath the Johnson thatch, and that compromise might just be possible. The consequential chaos if we don't get some sort of deal is not something that any government (and many Brexiteers, perhaps including you) would contemplate, surely?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Times running out to avoid 'no deal', and crippling the country
tick tock

I think that in a strange way the arrival of Covid-19 has been excellent news for Johnson/Cummings, they will be able to hide the fact that there was NEVER going to be any sort of deal that could maintain all the benefits of EU membership ( as we were promised, pre Referendum/ post Referendum... " We hold all the Cards " ) and that Johnson/Cummings lacked any ability to deliver one. I fully expect the waters to be muddied over many issues with much deflection, blame and " Not us Guv its the EU wot did it " ahead.
Wrapping all the current issues together I can see this all ending in one of Johnson's famous announcements where he will either wave a UK flag about and extoll us to climb all the mountains in front of us and assail all hurdles in order to get to our " World-beating " golden shiny future ahead. He will tell us to expect lots of " Belt-tightening and sacrifice " from the many so the few can build their fortunes on the back of reduced hard won employment rights, welfare rights and standards.

In the deregulated "Wild West " economy/ society we will then have we can expect some truly astounding cuts to public services and any remaining family silver will be sold off to corporate bodies ( many no doubt connected as usual to Cummings ) for the good of the nation. Expect Johnson/Cummings to abandon the ship about the time that things get really shitty and we wake up to the shitstorm that will take years to put right if at all, with Johnson being rewarded for his stage act as PM with lucrative directorships with the usual suspects such as JCB, and the big winners of E&Y, Deloite, SERCO etc. and return to his " World-Beating " Daily Telegraph column with an inflation busting deal and live happily ever after... while the rest of us limp on.

Jan 30, 2008
No deal's been on the table from day one , the EU know that , i wonder if Mr Barnier has made a decision on who's picking up our tab ,Any suggestions watford bloke ?
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here