Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
[tweet]1277505330885386240[/tweet]

Worth looking at the full thread

I read the full thread including all reply tweets !!!! excellent, but oh so sad for those of us who feared this would happen and are now experiencing the reality and are excluded from our European citizenship along with all those who regrettably wanted the break from the EU, It's democracy that i have to accept. Oh well, its done now, just hope its not too bad in the end.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Some snug ones too (I'm alright jack), others trying to immigrate to Spain before Jan 1 20' and also claiming Brexit is still a good idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUErHV5T2_s

Well off Brits will still emigrate to Spain, just not for plebs anymore...

I know one woman over here who voted leave and she just doesn't get why others find it incomprehensible. In her eyes we still have the freedom to go and work wherever we want as she's worked outside of the EU before without any issues, completely ignoring the rights we had as EU citizens. Rights she voted to remove in order to Take Back Control.

For those of us living in the EU now it's restrictive as although we'll maintain our rights for now they can quickly be lost if we leave the state we currently reside in. Despite loving Spain, I feel stuck here now in some ways. I've previously lived elsewhere in the EU and I'm Asia but I'm not sure if that'll be possible again as I don't want to forgoe the rights I currently have here.I feel very sorry for the younger generation that never had/will have the opportunity.

She's very much an I'm alright Jack - in her 50s and owns a property here as well as two in London and with no intention to live/work anywhere else now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I know one woman over here who voted leave and she just doesn't get why others find it incomprehensible. In her eyes we still have the freedom to go and work wherever we want as she's worked outside of the EU before without any issues, completely ignoring the rights we had as EU citizens. Rights she voted to remove in order to Take Back Control.

For those of us living in the EU now it's restrictive as although we'll maintain our rights for now they can quickly be lost if we leave the state we currently reside in. Despite loving Spain, I feel stuck here now in some ways. I've previously lived elsewhere in the EU and I'm Asia but I'm not sure if that'll be possible again as I don't want to forgoe the rights I currently have here.I feel very sorry for the younger generation that never had/will have the opportunity.

She's very much an I'm alright Jack - in her 50s and owns a property here as well as two in London and with no intention to live/work anywhere else now.

My own grandparents used to winter into Costa Blanca until their late 80's. They weren't at all rich but with reciprocal healthcare it was possible, for my grandmother it did wonders for her arthritis and infact I think extended her life.

Still find it bizarre how ordinary folk were persuaded to vote against their own life chances, Brexit may be an opportunity for countries outside the EU but for average Brits its already lower living standards and promises from vote leave that were always fantasy. Its all unraveling, the liars need to still be held fully to account

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Key line in the whole thread;

"He said he didn't vote for Brexit to have this"

Going to become a running theme over the next few years.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Key line in the whole thread;

"He said he didn't vote for Brexit to have this"

Going to become a running theme over the next few years.

Vote Leave promised "number 5" in their "contract" to the British people.

Capture.JPG

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008

shes right she should be able to do anything she wants after all shes paid her taxes and shes not a migrant but an expat and thats different to all the scroungers over here so its there fault in brussles

Regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Just read through it, Comedy Gold! Loved the sequence where the son thought he could just " Square things with the Mayor"....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It's started happening for a few

22491784.gif

But crazy as it seems, I suspect that they are examples of the select few and for the vast majority, it won't happen this side of Christmas :shootself

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Saw Johnson's 'visionary' (i.e. deluded) speech today. No mention of Brexit and how it might just de-rail 'Project Speed' by leaving an even bigger hole in the public finances.

Was going to start a thread on this and I thought I won't bother, there's nothing new and 0.2% of GDP stimulus in hardly significant. For the record Germany will be spending 4% in its post corona stimulus, thats a bit more like Roosevelt

What was marked from Johnson's speech was the need to be in campaign mode, the first 5 minutes he just congratulated himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here