Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Despite today's extreme hilarity, I can't see what's to stop Boris sincerely failing to obtain a deal by Oct 31, and then we leave with no deal.

The only way to stop it is a vote of no confidence triggering a GE that Boris kindly allows to be held before Oct 31.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Yep already trying to push the blame away from Boris.

The reality is - the decision was probably made by Cummings, Boris and the AG.

Cabinet WERE NOE involved even though they are supposed to be party to legal advice post Iraq.

Boris has simply torn up the rule book until getting caught out today.

Has to go.

Anyone who was privy to the legal advise will be used to screen Johnson, and Cox as a hangover from May's time in office is a prime target.

He must be considering his position, probably the Leader of the House too. The Cabinet who were unhappy about being left out before must be furious they've been dragged into it further now.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Alexander Boris de Piffle bungle**** Johnson is taking the piss out of the country and most of the people in it. He knew full well he was taking parliamentary process over the line but didn't care because it was history making. That he disagrees with the best 11 legal minds in the country on a matter of law makes him proper ****ish.

Say what you like about previous PMs but I feel they all wanted the best for the country and took pride leading it. Alexander Boris de Piffle bungle**** Johnson should not resign because of his bungled suspension of parliament but because he does not have the correct intentions required to be PM.

As a remainer, I believe we will leave the UK and can see it happening as promised by Alexander Boris de Piffle bungle**** Johnson at the end of next month without a deal.

I never wanted a second referendum but it seems the only way to resolve the clusterfukk we are currently in.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The frigging backstop is in the withdrawal agreement you PLONKA :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

And that is what you want Britain to be able to unilaterally veto as part of your solution and you can't understand why the EU wouldn't agree. I really don't know that there is any simpler way I can explain. Here it is in your own words:shrug:

Its all here https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread&p=9082531&viewfull=1#post9082531

As I said at the very beginning of this latest load of posts about your wonderful ideas of a 'good deal', you are going round and round in circles going absolutely nowhere and I am just getting dizzy just trying to follow this complete load of Tut.

I'll even let you have the last word (I have no idea either, non whatsoever :lolol:)

I have no idea why they couldn't agree to a temporary backstop (say 2 years) where our future trade relationship would be partially negotiated /much clearer with the possibility to extend the agreement at any time to continue trade negotiations but also have the ability, with a set amount of notice ( say 6 months) to end the process

:bigwave:

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Alexander Boris de Piffle bungle**** Johnson is taking the piss out of the country and most of the people in it. He knew full well he was taking parliamentary process over the line but didn't care because it was history making. That he disagrees with the best 11 legal minds in the country on a matter of law makes him proper ****ish.

Say what you like about previous PMs but I feel they all wanted the best for the country and took pride leading it. Alexander Boris de Piffle bungle**** Johnson should not resign because of his bungled suspension of parliament but because he does not have the correct intentions required to be PM.

As a remainer, I believe we will leave the UK and can see it happening as promised by Alexander Boris de Piffle bungle**** Johnson at the end of next month without a deal.

I never wanted a second referendum but it seems the only way to resolve the clusterfukk we are currently in.

:eek::eek::eek: Where are we going to go? I know 'they' always said if you love the EU so much why don't you move there, but have you seen the price of removals vans to the continent at short notice? I'm not prepared!

(I don't think Brexit will happen. Not on the 31st October or ever)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Playing Devil's advocate, if you sincerely believe you are doing the right thing, and you succeed, then this is an example of good leadership.

I think Boris does sincerely believe he is doing the right thing. For himself. So if he does tumble us out with no deal on Oct 31, as I fully expect, then he will bide his time amd then call an election and, if the arse hasn't dropped out of the pound, and we still have food and medicines, our gammon electorate will probably send him back to number 10.

The problem is that once we have tumbled out of the EU with no deal, there is no reason for labour to not trigger an immediate vote of no confidence, so even if Boris decides it would be better (for him) to delay a GE (even making pious reference to the fixed parliament act, the utter weasel) his hand will be forced by his lack of majority. Upon that, Corbyn may well beat him.

Yes I know there are people on NSC who would rather eat their own children than see IRA member, Great Traitor, communist buffoon Corbyn as PM, the view is no more widely shared than the view that Blair was a liar and a traitor to the proleblairiate.

Not everyone is an extremist, and at a certain point a tough choice has to be made. I am pretty certain, now, despite my frequent criticism, that I will be voting labour in the next GE, given a need to do so (to get Boris out - he's worth it).

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Could Boris resign and hand over to Jacob Rees-Mogg without any leadership election etc? Same menu different chef.

Quite apart from the fact that he couldn't, yours is an odd choice of successor. Rees-Mong was the individual who actually delivered the government's misleading untruth unto the Queen. He went all the way to Scotland to lie to her. Are you a closet republican?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nor do I.

Well I know someone who said this on the day Theresa May resigned

I just had a vision

b19085f90ba69788215e5b7466c1b33e.jpg

She says she sees a hard line Brexiteer becoming PM

They will then say 'I didn't say I wanted no deal, I want a good deal, but no deal must be left on the table to get a good deal'.

Because that went so well last time :facepalm:

She also said we won't be leaving the EU before the end of the next ski season, so go ahead and book those early deals :wink:

And Meg has 100% record when predicting the future on Brexit leaving dates :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nor do I.

Neither did I, till Boris got in and it became clear what he was up to.

If you are right I'll be delighted, mind. :thumbsup:

Have a look at my post above and unpick the logic for me, would you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
(I don't think Brexit will happen. Not on the 31st October or ever)

As noted above, and same question to you - how do we prevent Boris fluffing the negotiation on purpose and our tumbling out with no deal on the 31st? We may have a law saying we can't hard Brexit and must ask for an extension, but what is to stop Boris fluffing the request? Do you think the EU will let this rumble on and on, like Hans Blix having his weapons inspections thwarted by Saddam for ten years and just saying 'oh well, never mind' or will the EU just tell us to '**** off now, go on, **** off'? ??? Well?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Neither did I, till Boris got in and it became clear what he was up to.

If you are right I'll be delighted, mind. :thumbsup:

Have a look at my post above and unpick the logic for me, would you?

Most of it is spot on, except for the part where we leave with no deal on 31/10, which means that the only way we'll leave will be with a deal.
That's not happening, either. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here