Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now its you that is struggling, even if true at this moment and next month it swings back to leave and the month after that swings back to remain.........so what, none of this matters. We have had the decision to leave, a decision given by an act of parliament to hold a singular referendum on the matter, not multiple referendums.
The moaners amongst remainers would be far better off respecting democracy and building a long term campaign how they will be able to get a pro european party in government standing on a rejoin the EU ticket after we have left.........i suspect the public appetite for a rejoin debate will be well and truly gone for a number of years from the majority of voters though after we have left.
I'm not struggling at all, it is you I'm afraid. Let me clarify: I understand your point of view, which is that you believe that because a referendum was conducted, democracy is best served fulfilling the decision. Please tell me if I've got that wrong, otherwise you're wrong to suggest I'm struggling.

Where you are struggling is your response to the survey result which was "We rightly dont decide matters on telephone polls of 20,000 people. There would be far too much error in that."

That is false. I am telling you that 20,000 is far more people than necessary to have 97% confidence in the result of that a survey. In other words, we can have 97% confidence that the result is broadly in line with public thinking. It's a question of maths and stats, nothing more or less than that.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm not struggling at all, it is you I'm afraid. Let me clarify: I understand your point of view, which is that you believe that because a referendum was conducted, democracy is best served fulfilling the decision. Please tell me if I've got that wrong, otherwise you're wrong to suggest I'm struggling.

Where you are struggling is your response to the survey result which was "We rightly dont decide matters on telephone polls of 20,000 people. There would be far too much error in that."

That is false
. I am telling you that 20,000 is far more people than necessary to have 97% confidence in the result of that a survey. In other words, we can have 97% confidence that the result is broadly in line with public thinking. It's a question of maths and stats, nothing more or less than that.

Its not false, we dont decide such matters on a 20000 people telephone poll.......if we did the whole process would be error strewn........which is why we dont

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its not false, we dont decide such matters on a 20000 people telephone poll.......if we did the whole process would be error strewn........which is why we dont
You're saying the reason we don't make policies based on 20,000 phone calls is because the process would be error strewn? Really? YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT? I thought matters like this were done through democratic means because we're a democracy. :shrug:

And the bit of yours that is false is where you suggest that poll is likely to be error strewn. Mathematically speaking, that isn't true.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
How do you know when someone's been removed from a thread and the reasons or specific post ?

I can't see anything in the moderating area

He was a heady mix of lies, the same old predictable cases to his arguments, spouting bullshit about topics he knows **** all about, bitterness and plain nastiness on his first day back. Has he been banned a second time? I’ll mention him; he’s so predictable he’ll reply if he’s able to. Where are you [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION]?

Cunning Fergus gone again? Good good.

Just an observation here chaps:

1. Pasta has a very strange, keen interest in Fergus being banned from this thread for whatever reason, as well as being rather strange generally.
2. Pasta stated he had banned at 00:35 in the midst of a frenzied, frustrated, midnight rampage on the thread.
3. Pasta, based on all probability in regards to the above, could well have also been indulging in his other online interests at the same time in the wee small hours. Therefore I feel an error, brought on by excitable confusion, may well have occurred here in his assertion in regards to Fergus.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You need to try harde than that, the press have long known all about Russian influence in UK political circles, it’s why Mandelson and Osbourne were on Oleg Deripaska’s yacht a few years ago....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...oversy-how-the-world-really-works-973817.html

This is the Oleg Deripaska that is sanctioned in the US by Trump, but allowed to list businesses in the UK, and is not subject to EU or UK sanctions....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ssian-oligarchs-using-city-to-avoid-sanctions

Good on Trump......I’m sure you will agree?

Not sure how this post got you removed from this thread yet again.........its almost as if someone has a personal agenda against you.
Poor show.

How do you know when someone's been removed from a thread and the reasons or specific post ?

I can't see anything in the moderating area

You seem to have missed my question, How did you know cunning fergus had been banned again and what it was for ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You're saying the reason we don't make policies based on 20,000 phone calls is because the process would be error strewn? Really? YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT? I thought matters like this were done through democratic means because we're a democracy. :shrug:

And the bit of yours that is false is where you suggest that poll is likely to be error strewn. Mathematically speaking, that isn't true.

Seem to be crossed wires here.We dont make decisions like determining whether or not we should be in the EU or not on telephone polls of 20000, that whole process, if we did would be error strewn.
Of course polls help political parties develop policy though, but policy is developed with far more than just polling.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just an observation here chaps:

1. Pasta has a very strange, keen interest in Fergus being banned from this thread for whatever reason, as well as being rather strange generally.

I like his posts, especially when he tears Herr T a new one, i dont generally like to see people banned from threads for no reason, all opinions have their place, even plooks

2. Pasta stated he had banned at 00:35 in the midst of a frenzied, frustrated, midnight rampage on the thread.

Half a dozen posts is now a frenzy? Righto

3. Pasta, based on all probability in regards to the above, could well have also been indulging in his other online interests at the same time in the wee small hours. Therefore I feel an error, brought on by excitable confusion, may well have occurred here in his assertion in regards to Fergus.

Think i was in the middle of a spring clean actually, specifically the bathroom. Just killing time as i had an important phone call to make abroad about 3am.
Glad thats sorted

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I like his posts, especially when he tears Herr T a new one, i dont generally like to see people banned from threads for no reason, all opinions have their place, even plooks

Half a dozen posts is now a frenzy? Righto

Think i was in the middle of a spring clean actually, specifically the bathroom. Just killing time as i had an important phone call to make abroad about 3am.
Glad thats sorted

I understand your predicament entirely Pasta - a flatmate of mine at Uni was into that as well and used to make phone-calls overseas at 3am overseas too - fair enough, you didn't have the internet back then in the 1990's, but still it's a very expensive way of doing it in my opinion and it never appealed to me, but fortunately he had a phone in his room and had more money than sense and always paid the bill, so each to their own, no harm done and what you want to do at 3am is up to you.

Anyway, can we assume that you saying Fergus had been banned again was erroneous?

Jan 30, 2008
No, only some leavers, the majority aren’t.

Co-incidentally the election slogan for UKIP 2015 election was Take Back Control of Our Country and the referendum was We Want Our Country Back.

The 1979 National Front slogan was It's Our Country Let's Win It Back
taking back control is racist, really:dunce:
regards
DR

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The company said: “The uncertainty surrounding Brexit was one factor amongst others in the analysis of the UK market.”

So in other words they don't know what is going to happen in or out and were going to do this anyway, and thought let's get the news out now and blame brexit so we don't look bad.

All bollox

Do you think it helped?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The company said: “The uncertainty surrounding Brexit was one factor amongst others in the analysis of the UK market.”

So in other words they don't know what is going to happen in or out and were going to do this anyway, and thought let's get the news out now and blame brexit so we don't look bad.

All bollox

Yeah 85% of their exports go to the continent, all bollox.

Consolidated its base in Plymouth and we joined the single market, departed as we left the single market.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yeah 85% of their exports go to the continent, all bollox.

Consolidated its base in Plymouth and we joined the single market, departed as we left the single market.

So you don't think companies see this as an opportunity to just down size and blame brexit ?

Maybe the truth lies in the middle as always, not Brexits fault really and just another company looking to make as much money as possible.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I understand your predicament entirely Pasta - a flatmate of mine at Uni was into that as well and used to make phone-calls overseas at 3am overseas too - fair enough, you didn't have the internet back then in the 1990's, but still it's a very expensive way of doing it in my opinion and it never appealed to me, but fortunately he had a phone in his room and had more money than sense and always paid the bill, so each to their own, no harm done and what you want to do at 3am is up to you.

Anyway, can we assume that you saying Fergus had been banned again was erroneous?

Not expensive at all, free international calls with my landline package, as has been the case for years.
A little birdy told me has been removed from the thread again, as per the norm on other threads im sure the mod that did it will confirm that and what for..........actually i highly doubt that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here