Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
They want to keep the drawbridge open at the same time of getting their products produced for the lowest possible price. This needs to start by big business changing their attitude, for example a drinks manufacturer buying his plastic bottles from China, needs to look closer to home and see if that product can be manufactured here.

If it costs a bit more to manufacture it, then so be it, in the end the drink might cost a few pence, but better jobs, British jobs will be created out of it. It is not rocket science.

I will not be lectured by big business until they start changing their attitude, and stupid politicians calling British people lazy.

It is interesting to see normal tory voters wanting to leave the EU to control the economy and for businesses to change the way they behave in the market to alter the negative impacts that the free market introduces.

One poster thinks those who want to remain are free market tories, you could suggest that those who want to leave are suddenly in favour of regular state intervention. It is interesting to see people arguing for something they are normally otherwise against!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Moreover if we leave and inward investment crashes, as we've been warned it will, those people who build buildings will find them have fewer sites to work on and fewer jobs.

CkB2ad2XIAQgBEf.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Seriously would anyone in Europe let alone the UK actually recognise Juncker out on the streets.... who elected this tit to run this massive corrupt expensive club.

Cameron had one thing right, this bloke wasn't fit for purpose.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Thankfully most are looking at the long term. Let's just get back to making our own decisions, abide by our own laws etc. We can kick out a UK government, we have no say on the Unelected EU leaders....... i bet very few on here even know the names of those in power in the EU, nonsense isn't it.

I'm pretty sure if that poll had been amended to long term economic turmoil to reduce immigration the result would have been slightly different.

Minimal decisions are made by EU leaders, I don't like it but it's just a minor downside to remain.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Get ready for the next Greek crisis....

https://euobserver.com/economic/133607

"...Greece has told its creditors it cannot implement some of the extra changes required in exchange for fresh bailout loans..."

There is an almighty storm brewing over this and with Portugal and Italy's financial woes and unemployment problems there is no way that the British can avoid getting dragged into this if we remain in the EU.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It is interesting to see normal tory voters wanting to leave the EU to control the economy and for businesses to change the way they behave in the market to alter the negative impacts that the free market introduces.

One poster thinks those who want to remain are free market tories, you could suggest that those who want to leave are suddenly in favour of regular state intervention. It is interesting to see people arguing for something they are normally otherwise against!

The Labour leader and most of the party are for Remain. Inconvenient truth i know but still

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Labour leader and most of the party are for Remain. Inconvenient truth i know but still

As are all living Labour leaders according to a letter today.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

The Labour leader may well have signed a letter siding with remain. Everyone knows it isn't worth the paper it's written on. He's more Euro sceptic than I am.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Stop being stupid .... the data isn't from CPE or LSE so doesn't count according to 5Ways !

Just out of interest, has anyone directed a question like this at the people who would be most affected by 'economic turmoil'? People working for foreign direct investment companies and so on. It's pretty easy to sit in Sussex and say that the loss of a few thousand jobs in the North East is a price worth paying. Bit different if one of them is yours.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of my brothers sent me this. Quite funny . . . . .

'One pro-stay London Underground passenger wasn’t happy with the Brexit advert they noticed in the Evening Standard, and so decided to make a few alterations.
The anonymous vandal added their own comments to a poster that proclaimed that the European Union is “crisis after crisis after crisis”.
Found this on the London Tube this Morning
The poster now reads:
“CRISIS – Immigration is out of control” - “Is it? The problems in the middle east are out of control!”
“AFTER – open borders do not work” – “I think they do. I quite like a trip to France/Spain/Italy without having to worry about a visa.”
“CRISIS – The eurozone has failed” – “Define failed? If by still operating and growing, while being the second biggest economy and the ability to help millions of refugees – yeah, it’s failed.”
“AFTER – The EU is a diminishing trade power in the world” – “Where did you head this crap? It’s the second biggest economy in the world”
“CRISIS – We are losing more and more of our powers” – “12% of your laws come from the EU not the 60% Boris claimed! These laws protect our farmers and the most vulnerable.”
The campaigner finishes by calling someone (we’re not entirely sure who) a “xenophobic old man” and says “it’s not your future – it’s ours! Youth vote remain.”

larus

Get ready for the next Greek crisis....

https://euobserver.com/economic/133607

"...Greece has told its creditors it cannot implement some of the extra changes required in exchange for fresh bailout loans..."

There is an almighty storm brewing over this and with Portugal and Italy's financial woes and unemployment problems there is no way that the British can avoid getting dragged into this if we remain in the EU.

Italy is the really big problem. It's debt/GDP ration is about 130% and it needs to inflate its economy, but is constrained by the growth and stability pact. It's GDP so still 8% below he 2008 level. And so many want us to be tied to this complete shower of shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here