Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Care to show an example of my selfishness? Or have you muddled your language once again?

You're kiddin me, are you that arrogant that you cannot even begin to believe that you are the ultimate 'me me me' poster, really.

What was it 'affirmation that I do not really fit' or something, oh the drama.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You need to think hard about who the ‘undemocratic loons’ actually are.

I think you'll find his definition of 'undemocratic loons' is perfectly clear. It is not all remainers, most of whom, although they do not like the referendum result, have accepted it as a democratic decision (this incidentally includes the Government who are currently trying to deliver Brexit, despite most of them having voted remain). On the other hand, there are people who are trying to subvert or reverse Brexit, and they - and they alone - are clearly the ones to whom his definition applies, and that certainly isn't all the 16 million mainly perfectly decent people who voted remain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're kiddin me, are you that arrogant that you cannot even begin to believe that you are the ultimate 'me me me' poster, really.

What was it 'affirmation that I do not really fit' or something, oh the drama.

I give you an easy tap in, all you need do is provide one example of me being selfish, and you don’t/can’t. What does that tell me?

PS I have no idea about your quote either.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is amusing that people jump on some order figures and relate to Brexit. A few points.

1. When you are making a purchase do you think about what the company will be doing in 2 years or whether it is the best supplier now. If the latter then how is Brexit relevant.
2. Do you understand cost curves and supply and demand? If so then you will know that depending on the elasticity of a product a drop in price will almost always lead to an increase in demand (unless luxury items etc) sterling is cheap so costs are down for trading partners.

The long term growth figures suggest we are one of slowest growing developed economies in the world and well behind the EU. In fact the government revised this in the budget. Might I suggest that this is a bit more relevant than people buying stuff because it is cheap? Or will people who buy something in the Boxing Day sales keep buying it if prices go up?

Jan 30, 2008
What vote am I trying to suppress? I'm supporting the vote, the one that actually happened. You, and some of your Europhile mates, are the ones who are trying one way or another to make the result go away.
but they're just deluded and can't face up to reality:thumbsup:
regards
DR

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I think you'll find his definition of 'undemocratic loons' is perfectly clear. It is not all remainers, most of whom, although they do not like the referendum result, have accepted it as a democratic decision (this incidentally includes the Government who are currently trying to deliver Brexit, despite most of them having voted remain). On the other hand, there are people who are trying to subvert or reverse Brexit, and they - and they alone - are clearly the ones to whom his definition applies, and that certainly isn't all the 16 million mainly perfectly decent people who voted remain.

The point I was making that the people are being accused of subversion that raise totally legitimate issues about the process, Supporters of the recent amendment vote were not trying to subvert anything just ensure that democratic institutions had a role in ensuring that what resulted from the leave process was what the majority of people wanted. People raising constitutional questions about the implications of the 'Great Repeal Bill' are doing so because of concerns they have about centralisation of power in the executive. They are not subversives just people engaging in the democratic process and by all means challenge what they say but there is a real danger in using blanket assertions about their motives to discredit them and any points they make.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see that the Daily Mail ran a story on Saturday that according to a BMG poll the split of voters is now 55.5 - 44.5 Remain.

They say that whilst 9 out of 10 of voters haven't changed their minds since the Referendum it is the 13 million who didn't vote who are now coming out in favour of Remain.

Jan 30, 2008
I see that the Daily Mail ran a story on Saturday that according to a BMG poll the split of voters is now 55.5 - 44.5 Remain.

They say that whilst 9 out of 10 of voters haven't changed their minds since the Referendum it is the 13 million who didn't vote who are now coming out in favour of Remain.
so what ,should have got off their fat arses and done something about it ,no good coming out with this shit , TYPICAL GRIZZLING:lolol:
regards
DR

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It's a bit late now to decide to give a shit.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

How many did they poll ??

I can tell you, 1500 that's how many and you then factor in that sample swing to the 13,000,000 that didnt vote.

You free to come and to my self assessment next month ?

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No wonder Farage is skint if UKIP are still having to do mail drops like this.

UKIP.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
May claimed the UK could benefit from Brexit. Asked if the prime minister explained how Britain would benefit from leaving the EU, the spokesman said:

The prime minister said it provides us with an opportunity. We want to be able to strike those ambitious trade deals with other countries. And she believes that there is an opportunity here, if grasped, to make us a more prosperous, more secure country.

A colleague pointed out that, in the one major speech she gave during the EU referendum campaign, May argued the opposite; she said Brexit would be bad for prosperity and security. When this was put to him, the spokesman said he did not want to go over old ground.

Incredible all this, isn't it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I am interested in the use of the word ‘subvert’ and what this says about many Brexiter’s mindsets. It implies that anyone who advocates democratic consultation for the purposes of clarification, to present choices or to address major constitutional issues is actually trying to sabotage the whole process. In fact any view expressed by someone with remainer tendencies is to be distrusted and their views can be discounted. This position justifies vilification, hysterical accusations of treason which at best seek to shout down any argument and, at worst, put people in actual danger. I have no more rights than a leave voter from Barnsley but I certainly have no fewer; this is a pretty fundamental tenet of democracy.

Had the referendum gone 48-52 the other way I would fully expect Farage to jump on any issue he could to put the case for further consultation. It is unlikely that I would have agreed with him but I would recognise that it is a key component of a democracy that those representing a proportion of the population can express their views and challenge the status quo.

You need to think hard about who the ‘undemocratic loons’ actually are.

Wise words. The mindsets of many strong Brexiters seem to have, as a leading British historian has said, theological undertones. Anyone who wants an outcome different to the one they want is self-consumed, a dissident, a collaborator, a traitor.

It wasn't always like this. A quarter of a century ago the Eurosceptic wing of the Tory Party really starting stirring things up. Notwithstanding a shattered John Major's semi-humorous epithet about The B******s, it remained a civilised and collegiate party. There were large degrees of respect on both sides. Move on to today. A couple of weeks ago, the habitually loyal and quiet Dominic Grieve walked into a HoC tearoom. As he sat down, alone, every Tory MP within shouting distance stood up and walked away. Many of them were long-time colleagues. It doesn't stop there.The distaste that someone like JCFG or Pastafarian has for anyone who would like a further consultation shows how this malignant spirit has tricked down, all the way to this lowly spot. Many of us are contemptible, according to JCFC; moronic and hypocritical according to Pasta.

A couple of days ago we were at The Dome for the Royal Phil's Christmas Concert. As is traditional, the orchestra and soprano put together a music sketch of the year. The Brexit-based chorus included the words 'The England we know is changed forever'. That seems accurate, and not in a good way.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm afraid I don't have any sympathy for those that didn't vote. By default they allowed others to make their choice for them so tough. And yes, I'd be saying that which ever side won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here