Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
.....and the Remain loons aren't desperate to stop this happening?

Or as a remainer, do you just think you have a right to go name-calling? How much would it hurt you to use, say, supporters instead of loons? Project Fear didn't work - it put people off; ultimately, name-calling will do the same.

Because not all Brexit supporters are loons, I used loons to describe those that are so desperate for us to leave before the will of the people changes, that they would leave under any circumstances, just ASAP. If you are one of those, I didn't think you were, but if so, then please do be offended.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyway. My holiday starts today. See you all in the new year.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Not been on this thread for a little while so have the wounds healed are we now finally United heading towards the sunny uplands of a Brexit utopia?

Or not?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not been on this thread for a little while so have the wounds healed are we now finally United heading towards the sunny uplands of a Brexit utopia?

Or not?

Well today's google news snapshot suggests plenty of challenges. Brexit Utopia maybe for Putin...

Capture.JPG

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Amusing to see the extreme Remaniac fringe who help feed division and entrench views complain about division. Brilliant.

I remember a country where most people accepted the result of free and fair elections and believed the will of the majority should be enacted. I wonder when this changed ... oh yes I remember, it was 23rd June 2016.

I am assuming this post refers to the discussion on the suppression of debate which moved on to speculation of the divided state of the country. In this the finger of blame was pointed at a group of Leave voters and this is open to challenge.

Instead what we have here is more name-calling and a crude ‘whataboutism’. This is follow by an ‘off-the shelf’ statement which is inappropriate in responding to a discussion on the conduct of the process which will determine how rather than whether we leave the EU and what follows this. If there was ever evidence of the need for an inclusive, cross-party approach to this process then this is it.

On the positive side, I much prefer ‘Remainiac’ to ‘Remoaner’ Much more dynamic and a hint of menace which is unfamiliar for us snowflakes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You're kiddin me, are you that arrogant that you cannot even begin to believe that you are the ultimate 'me me me' poster, really.

What was it 'affirmation that I do not really fit' or something, oh the drama.

I bet in real life you get told to **** off a lot.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Then repeat after me.
The democratic vote to Leave The European Union should be respected and the UK should Leave The European Union..........i have yet to see you come out with this statement.

Sounds like an oath; you guys have more in common with Momentum than you realise.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought that the reason we had the Brexit vote was because Cameron decided to he wanted to have one.

If TM (or any other Leader/Government) decides to have another, I don't understand the issue with it. Surely that's the nature of politics, people change their minds.

When they decide to let the plebs vote, then they vote.

Otherwise we would still have a Tory/Whig coalition from the 1700s :shrug:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I thought that the reason we had the Brexit vote was because Cameron decided to he wanted to have one.

If TM (or any other Leader/Government) decides to have another, I don't understand the issue with it. Surely that's the nature of politics, people change their minds.

When they decide to let the plebs vote, then they vote.

Otherwise we would still have a Tory/Whig coalition from the 1700s :shrug:

Exactly, if Brexit meant Brexit then Cameron should have invoked Article 50 the morning after . Now as more information has come to light then it's only fair to see if the country still agrees and if the majority still agree with Brexit then so be it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Exactly, if Brexit meant Brexit then Cameron should have invoked Article 50 the morning after . Now as more information has come to light then it's only fair to see if the country still agrees and if the majority still agree with Brexit then so be it.

Brextremists get apoplectic if you say that sort of thing. Ive no idea why. Their posts suggests confidence in the vote being the same. For the country to take such an important decision over its future, I would have thought every avenue would be looked into. Sadly, a lot of Brextremists would rather it all went pear shaped than admit they were mistaken.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Textbook Remoaner scaremongering.

Exports are UP.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Exports can only be up, its impossible for them to do anything else at this time. Our biggest customer (the EU) is doing well, and our currency has fallen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here