Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Canada Grove and Longford Road in Bognor Regis. I challenge any remainer to take a walk down those roads and tell me if mass immigration is working.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Broke down with my van about 15 years ago in Bognor once can't remember the road........was about 4pm,lovely and quiet it was sunny and summer time,by christ come about 9pm when i eventually was recovered,felt lucky to get out alive.....nothing against Bognor,as this happens all over the place,just thought i'd share..

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Broke down with my van about 15 years ago in Bognor once can't remember the road........was about 4pm,lovely and quiet it was sunny and summer time,by christ come about 9pm when i eventually was recovered,felt lucky to get out alive.....nothing against Bognor,as this happens all over the place,just thought i'd share..

Integration is great ask any remainer trouble is its only one-way

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You used the expression 'ongoing high level' in your original post which to me implied no reduction. When challenged you conceded that a job vacancy reduction 'may' have a marginal effect (ie - figures still substantial) on immigration which is surprisingly grudging given that the reason most immigrants are coming is to get a job. Your suggestion that immigrants will turn to crime in increasing numbers remains on the table.

While we're on the subject of semantics Portslade Seagull's assertion that 'everything' the remain side says is a half truth is clearly a, you know, fib. I wouldn't expect that to bother you though.

Therefore a more accurate representation of my views re the economic downturn scenario would have been ..

So you also believe that a decline in UK job vacancies may reduce the number of immigrants but immigration would still be at a substantial level which will lead to a greater proportion of them robbing people? Well that's two of you.

I would have thought it is an uncontroversial view that more people turn to crime in difficult times.

I'm as bothered about inaccurate statements by Brexit posters as you are about Remain posters doing the same.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Jan 30, 2008
Not sure where the £9bn/month figure comes from - we contribute a net £8bn per YEAR. Anyway, you are right that the NHS is at breaking point. Luckily we have tens of thousands of "immigrants" who are prepared to take relatively low paid jobs in the NHS to help keep the rest of us alive. And (doubly) luckily the average EU immigrant is much healthier than the average Brit, and therefore much less of a burden on the NHS than we all are. And, to cap it all, the average EU immigrant makes a positive contribution to the UK economy. We are EXTREMELY fortunate to be able to welcome our fellow Europeans to our shores.
"we" how have you specifically welcomed them
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 22389

Who is programming our young people. They seem so politically correct, that even having a points based system feels offensive to them.

Jan 30, 2008
Nothing like good old jim dissIng his country man , now claiming we're a burden on our own NHS ........... shocking to say the least :nono:
regards
DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Nothing like good old jim dissIng his country man , now claiming we're a burden on our own NHS ........... shocking to say the least :nono:
regards
DR

two teams? or just Albion :lolol: irrespective of games attended...

Came out of the cinema with my wife and walked past the Polish shop in Longford Road. The police were outside one of the two up two down houses. I counted about 18 guys being dragged out and bundled in the van. " **** you England's, this is our area" one guy was shouting at us and the police. As we walked to get our car another fight broke out between some other nations finest. The place is slowly becoming a no go area. The only plus side is they seem to be stabbing each other every weekend.

D

Deleted member 22389

London is pretty much the most culturally diverse city in the world, and the most pro-Remain region in the uk:

"London is overwhelmingly backing a vote to Remain in the European Union, a major opinion poll reveals today. The capital is a clear 60-40 in favour of staying in Europe’s family of 28 nations, discounting don’t knows. Exclusive research by Opinium for the Evening Standard reveals the 5.6 million eligible voters in London are far more pro-EU than the rest of the country."

Why do you think they are backing Remain?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Came out of the cinema with my wife and walked past the Polish shop in Longford Road. The police were outside one of the two up two down houses. I counted about 18 guys being dragged out and bundled in the van. " **** you England's, this is our area" one guy was shouting at us and the police. As we walked to get our car another fight broke out between some other nations finest. The place is slowly becoming a no go area. The only plus side is they seem to be stabbing each other every weekend.

That is what it's all about.....infiltration.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think you're right - the problem is FEAR - people with very little experience of immigration feed off the Daily Mail scaremongering. Those who actually live and work amongst immigrants generally realise that such people enrich our society and bring huge benefits to our country.

That's rather a sweeping generalisation perhaps people have the ability to travel to parts of the country that have experienced largescale immigration and think f**k me am I in the right country.

Have you met many people in direct competition for jobs, housing, services with migrants?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's actually a very controversial view. Generally, over the past 8 years which might be considered "difficult times" crime has fallen.

You raise an interesting point this last economic crisis and the aftermath has been unusual in the ongoing availability of jobs and very low interest rates. I'm not sure we would be as lucky in the next one.

D

Deleted member 22389

That's rather a sweeping generalisation perhaps people have the ability to travel to parts of the country that have experienced largescale immigration and think f**k me am I in the right country.

Have you met many people in direct competition for jobs, housing, services with migrants?

Very sweeping generalisation indeed which is why I raised my own question. Not everyone thinks it is good, not everyone finds it enriching. It has made a lot of British feel like they no longer belong. But we are not allowed to say if we don't like something anymore, and here is why we have the problems today.

We are being forced to like something we didn't agree too, that was the very first mistake. When we ask for respect back, once again it is us that has to fall inline and not the other way around.

I would say if you are British you are slowly being treated as a 2nd class citizen in your own country. Move over matey, a new order is in town.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think you're right - the problem is FEAR - people with very little experience of immigration feed off the Daily Mail scaremongering. Those who actually live and work amongst immigrants generally realise that such people enrich our society and bring huge benefits to our country.

Talking of which, let's get our heads down and prepare for tomorrow's Daily Mail front page headline. And the Express. The Sun will be close behind. The manipulators of fear will be in the background, cranking up the pressure.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Very sweeping generalisation indeed which is why I raised my own question. Not everyone thinks it is good, not everyone finds it enriching. It has made a lot of British feel like they no longer belong. But we are not allowed to say we don't like it, and here is why we have the problems today.

It is one of, if not the top concern of the British public according to the opinion polls. Dismissing these concerns as ill-informed, newspaper led prejudice isn't particularly helpful. And shows a sad lack of understanding and even contempt for our fellow citizens .. not a great surprise though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here