Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
of couse it would , I think it shows a complete lack of understanding of what the "real " situation is, interetsting program on the east end and the dwindling number of British white schools in the area in comparison to ever increasing ethnic majorty schools , make your own mind up on that one:thumbsup:.
regards
DR

Saw that programme,amazing really in such a short amount of time,perhaps the Germans could be asked for a 2nd attempt :lolol: but seriously amazing.
Brother worked many large building sites in london,i've delivered up there in the past.....it's not good......very sheltered in Sussex although even walking up London road Bognor for example you could be forgiven for thinking your in eastern europe.....lots of foreign voices.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Very very different world down here......they should try living in some of our larger big inner cities for a spot of research..........their opinion would change for sure.

London is pretty much the most culturally diverse city in the world, and the most pro-Remain region in the uk:

"London is overwhelmingly backing a vote to Remain in the European Union, a major opinion poll reveals today. The capital is a clear 60-40 in favour of staying in Europe’s family of 28 nations, discounting don’t knows. Exclusive research by Opinium for the Evening Standard reveals the 5.6 million eligible voters in London are far more pro-EU than the rest of the country."

Jan 30, 2008
Saw that programme,amazing really in such a short amount of time,perhaps the Germans could be asked for a 2nd attempt :lolol: but seriously amazing.
Brother worked many large building sites in london,i've delivered up there in the past.....it's not good......very sheltered in Sussex although even walking up London road Bognor for example you could be forgiven for thinking your in eastern europe.....lots of foreign voices.
Also wick estate has a fair shair so I hear but that's where they mostly go on the council estate Whitehawks going the same way, all the mid Sussex day dreamers need a reality check
regards
DR

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think there is some idea that immigration is fundamentally good for an economy, like the origins of the Roman empire or early settlers in America. To think that the UK is the same as this, with its £9bn/month loss and NHS at breaking point, is utterly absurd.

Not sure where the £9bn/month figure comes from - we contribute a net £8bn per YEAR. Anyway, you are right that the NHS is at breaking point. Luckily we have tens of thousands of "immigrants" who are prepared to take relatively low paid jobs in the NHS to help keep the rest of us alive. And (doubly) luckily the average EU immigrant is much healthier than the average Brit, and therefore much less of a burden on the NHS than we all are. And, to cap it all, the average EU immigrant makes a positive contribution to the UK economy. We are EXTREMELY fortunate to be able to welcome our fellow Europeans to our shores.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Very very different world down here......they should try living in some of our larger big inner cities for a spot of research..........their opinion would change for sure.

Have you anything to back this up? With one or two exceptions - Peterborough for example - the areas with greatest number of EU immigrants are far from being the most Eurosceptic. If anything, the reverse is true - Cumbria is one of the most Eurosceptic regions in the country but has relatively few immigrants. Hackney and Southwark, homes to large numbers of immigrants, are positively Europhile. My own view is that there is a problem with the levels of non-European immigration in some UK cities but generally the fear of EU immigration seems to greatest in areas where there are relatively few EU immigrants.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
of couse it would , I think it shows a complete lack of understanding of what the "real " situation is, interetsting program on the east end and the dwindling number of British white schools in the area in comparison to ever increasing ethnic majorty schools , make your own mind up on that one:thumbsup:.
regards
DR

OK - I get it now - you don't like non-whites. I hesitate to use the r-word, but that comment is pretty near the knuckle.

Jan 30, 2008
Have you anything to back this up? With one or two exceptions - Peterborough for example - the areas with greatest number of EU immigrants are far from being the most Eurosceptic. If anything, the reverse is true - Cumbria is one of the most Eurosceptic regions in the country but has relatively few immigrants. Hackney and Southwark, homes to large numbers of immigrants, are positively Europhile. My own view is that there is a problem with the levels of non-European immigration in some UK cities but generally the fear of EU immigration seems to greatest in areas where there are relatively few EU immigrants.
Maybe the people in theses places would like to keep it that way ,not everyone one wants to be swamped
regards???
DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
London is pretty much the most culturally diverse city in the world, and the most pro-Remain region in the uk:

"London is overwhelmingly backing a vote to Remain in the European Union, a major opinion poll reveals today. The capital is a clear 60-40 in favour of staying in Europe’s family of 28 nations, discounting don’t knows. Exclusive research by Opinium for the Evening Standard reveals the 5.6 million eligible voters in London are far more pro-EU than the rest of the country."

It is in the main,but it's not for me....some areas can be intimidatingly diverse....it;s not all roses.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I think you're right - the problem is FEAR - people with very little experience of immigration feed off the Daily Mail scaremongering. Those who actually live and work amongst immigrants generally realise that such people enrich our society and bring huge benefits to our country.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Only 5% of the UK is built on, so build more homes, hospitals, schools, prisons ect ect, which will create thousands of jobs n help the economy hugely! Its bullshit that we're an island and we're full, aren't all country's effectively their own island? Maybe we should just have a cap on reproducing for a couple of years, let a few people die off before we start again? That's actually not a bad idea..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
I think you're right - the problem is FEAR - people with very little experience of immigration feed off the Daily Mail scaremongering. Those who actually live and work amongst immigrants generally realise that such people enrich our society and bring huge benefits to our country.
Not heard that one before ??????? No one's integrating most i would suggest are looking after their own interests
regards
DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
OK - I get it now - you don't like non-whites. I hesitate to use the r-word, but that comment is pretty near the knuckle.

Nothing to do with it-my very best mate of 32 years is an Iranian......we went to school together will be attending his wedding to a girl from Leicester in June and she is good old fashioned English...

I don't like the racist comments that the Jordanian students used that i went to college with years ago either....English white pigs they called us......we were still mates though,they even gave me a lift to shoreham station every day ......they could have a laugh,it's those that include all colours and creeds that do not respect that are the problem..

D

Deleted member 22389

I lived in a very multicultural town and didn't feel like it enriched anything. It depends, so you need to be honest with me here. How would you feel seeing women walking up and down your road all day completely covered up in the name of religion?.

That was not enrichment to me, that was a lack of integration. It wasn't fear, it was a case of where this country is heading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan 30, 2008
Only 5% of the UK is built on, so build more homes, hospitals, schools, prisons ect ect, which will create thousands of jobs n help the economy hugely! Its bullshit that we're an island and we're full, aren't all country's effectively their own island? Maybe we should just have a cap on reproducing for a couple of years, let a few people die off before we start again? That's actually not a bad idea..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
go back to sleep:mad:
regards
DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes - I accept that. But if you believe the Brexit camp, EU immigrants are the source of all evil. In general (imho) they are a force for good.

Not every asylum seeker is persecuted in their own country for no good reason either some are criminals,that said we need immigration,just not too much and too quick......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here