[Albion] Brentford away tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Out of interest how did you manage that? I bought 2 yesterday but trying to buy a third today I couldn't find any way of reassigning owners for the extra ticket. Normally easy to assign owners when buying 3 together but couldn't figure it out today at all after I had already bought 2 yesterday.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Out of interest how did you manage that? I bought 2 yesterday but trying to buy a third today I couldn't find any way of reassigning owners for the extra ticket. Normally easy to assign owners when buying 3 together but couldn't figure it out today at all after I had already bought 2 yesterday.

Once selected and shows in your name it's normally just a drop down arrow where your name and adult ticket is, then shows your friends and family list as long as they have the points I think.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
unable to assign an owner , so , cant buy a ticket !
I tried to get one for my son from my account. There didn't seem to be an option to assign family and friends but then a small tick box appeared to do this, before it then quickly disappeared.

Fortunately he did manage to nab a ticket from his own account though

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

el punal

Off topic slightly, another ground where the away fans are put into a corner and split between lower and upper tiers. Why oh why did we not do that at the Amex? Cant think of another EPL ground I've visited that have the fans in such an advantageous position as ours.

Of the Premier League grounds I have visited in recent seasons the following were where we were located behind the goal* - Liverpool, Man City, Stoke, Burnley, Swansea, Fulham, Huddersfield, Southampton.

* Admittedly some curved around along the side of the pitch, and Newcastle’s away section is up in the gods.

To be honest I don’t think we offer an advantage to away fans regarding location. The away section in the South Stand is self contained, close to the coach park, and probably easier to police. In some grounds all that separates home and away fans at the concourse bars is a metal grilled gate.

I certainly do not like it when we watch the Albion away that our fans split between an upper and lower tier as at Villa, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton as examples. And, of course, the absolute taking the piss away location is at Newcastle.

I believe the Premier League have insisted that away sections for stadiums have to be adjacent to the pitch be it along the touch line or behind the goal.

My final point is, if away fans are not located in the South Stand at the Amex then where? The vast majority of Albion season ticket holders (22,000) are situated in the North, West Lower, West Upper, and East Upper. Move them to accommodate an away section would cause uproar and quite rightly so. My opinion is leave it as it is as we have done very well over the ten years at the Amex - if it ain’t broke why fix it?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bugger!

Got consumed in work this morning and have just realised I missed the bloody window! :censored:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bugger!

Got consumed in work this morning and have just realised I missed the bloody window! :censored:

Me too - really annoying having the disabled ones not marked at all on the seating plan. Kept thinking I had one then turned out to be disabled.

There has been a change here if you buy just one it assigns to you and gives no option to change owner which is a pain if you bought one previously (earlier window etc...). A workaround I found in this scenario is to put in a second ticket into your basket (any will do - doesn't need to be adjacent). Then click buy. Reassign the ticket you want to the fan number it should go to. The other one you don't want (which will be assigned to you by default) just remove from your cart. Leaving you with the single ticket you want to buy.

You can then just pay for the one in your cart for the right person you wanted it to go to and the other ticket will be made available for other fans to purchase.

Love to know if there's an easier way, but this one works (done it twice now - Burnley & Brentford for eligible fans unable to go online themselves).

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
A workaround I found in this scenario is to put in a second ticket into your basket (any will do - doesn't need to be adjacent). Then click buy. Reassign the ticket you want to the fan number it should go to. The other one you don't want (which will be assigned to you by default) just remove from your cart. Leaving you with the single ticket you want to buy.)

Thanks for that tip, just used it to get a mate one from my account [emoji1360][emoji1319].

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
There has been a change here if you buy just one it assigns to you and gives no option to change owner which is a pain if you bought one previously (earlier window etc...). A workaround I found in this scenario is to put in a second ticket into your basket (any will do - doesn't need to be adjacent). Then click buy. Reassign the ticket you want to the fan number it should go to. The other one you don't want (which will be assigned to you by default) just remove from your cart. Leaving you with the single ticket you want to buy.

You can then just pay for the one in your cart for the right person you wanted it to go to and the other ticket will be made available for other fans to purchase.

Love to know if there's an easier way, but this one works (done it twice now - Burnley & Brentford for eligible fans unable to go online themselves).

That's really helpful - many thanks.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I tried to get one for my son from my account. There didn't seem to be an option to assign family and friends but then a small tick box appeared to do this, before it then quickly disappeared.

Fortunately he did manage to nab a ticket from his own account though

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me ( the small tick box appeared, then disappeared !

think that, as pointed out earlier , may have been due to setting up before 09.00...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Me too - really annoying having the disabled ones not marked at all on the seating plan. Kept thinking I had one then turned out to be disabled.

Agree.

I would have thought that the club would know who the supporters requiring ambulant seats are and would be able to ring fence these and approach those supporters direct. Maybe I am wrong, but can't these be separated somehow so that disabled supporters also don't have to go through the whole queuing process with the rest of us?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Agree.

I would have thought that the club would know who the supporters requiring ambulant seats are and would be able to ring fence these and approach those supporters direct. Maybe I am wrong, but can't these be separated somehow so that disabled supporters also don't have to go through the whole queuing process with the rest of us?

this 100% all morning i have been refreshing on club ticket site hoping against hope for a ticket and those ambulant disabled tickets keep popping up !
if i only had a pound for every basket they must have been in and out of !
with time to kill while refreshing i even phoned the club to ask if they could somehow be removed or even whether they could be sold to others if no demand from disabled after 45 mins waiting finally got through and the answer to both questions was a no ( a polite no but still a no ):annoyed:

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62

I also found this work around when buying Burnley tickets. I told Jenny the next day and she said "something to look into and rectify going forward".

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thank you Mr Postman

giphy (1).gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports