Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boos

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So how does that feel when your jumping up and down when your team goes 1-0 down? Personally i could never do that, even if i thought we were going to get beaten.

I would have won sixty quid if Wrexham had won today. Hardly an amount to jump and down about. 13-2 was great value and worth a bet but I always wanted Brighton to win the game. I backed lambert to score the first goal last week but was f***ing cock-a-hoop when he was sent off. You're obviously not a gambler. It's about spotting value and trying to make a few quid. Sentiment doesn't come into it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I booed at the end. Yes, I am a season ticket holder, yes I am in the North Stand & paid full price for my ticket.

For a team 2 1/2 divisions below us, who could have nicked it at the end, against the Albion, who still create little - I booed.

Is it our players or the way they are told to play? Possession football, is fine, but playing neat little triangular football in our own half with only a few minutes left on the clock is not going to win games.
I think that Gus has lost it. We were lucky against Southampton.
the funn
Gus I boo you.

And if others on NSC don't like it then tough.

We should give out free tickets or transport to those who go to Wrexham away

Not good enough!!!

.......I feel better now, that's off my chest

I find this quite funny I am guess you are either on a wind up or an exSpurs/arsenal/Chelsea fan. This is a journey and although today was not great entertainment it is good for our future.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I can't be arsed to trawl through the whole thread but I agree 100% with the OP.

Yes we were made to look second best at times against a Wrexham side well up for it. However, we had a mix n match side out there today, some with very little experience. This is the FA Cup. Shocks happen. Far bigger shocks than us drawing at home to Wrexham. Anyone who booed off the team today is a disgrace! Among a few other choice descriptions!

Don't give me the old shit about "we pay our money" etc. Anyone who expected Wrexham to be a pushover today is deluded. Anyone who booed the team off today is seriously deluded. Like the idiot nearby to me who was slagging Barnes off the whole game then near the end shouted at the top of his voice: "I f***ing hate you Barnes"!

Nice support! We've drawn at home in the FA Cup to a decent team, not beaten by a bunch of cloggers from Shittown Rovers of the Northern Amateur Alliance or whatever!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This is hurstpierpoint seagulls second game within a month. Has his radio broken so he needs to go to games now then? At least he can offer a valid first hand opionion of the game rather than the usuall stuff he heard on the radio.

You are f***ing obsessed with me arnt you. I had a season ticket for last 3 seasons at withdean if you want to do some willy waving, what were you doing at that point in time?

Back on topic I heard no booing around where I was sat, but did here plenty of frustration at our refusal to move the ball forward towards the end of the game, it wouldn't surprise me if the these turned into boos, settling for a draw vs wrexham isn't good enough, a replay isnt what we need.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
can't see the problem. an entertaining game - great to see the DS get a decent game and they have another chance to gain more vital experience in the replay. the way they were knocking it around towards the end was great to see. mind you - some fairly suicidal defending in injury time - was that vincelot dribbling round their attack in the box??

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I was dissatisfied at the lack of a defence splitting ball to provide a clear one-on-one chance rather than default "pass it around outside the box until we lose it" but I did not boo, and was only a little shocked that some did, as there were a lot of dickheads around in North stand today
Defence splitting passes? what games have you been watching? Our only form of creativity this season has been to get the ball out wide and for nooney or kaz to put it in ! as we didn't have any wide men they had to get it down and play it which they tried but the movement (or lack of it) up top wasn't helping

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What exactly were they booing? Gus? The KIDS that made up our team? I just don't get it.

IDIOTS.

If anyone was to blame it was gus (and a plucky performance from Wrexham) but he did warn us that a lot of the kids would be playing. An average results was always on the cards. I just hope that experience for those kids wasn't marred by the reaction of a few idiots. How can the likes of hall and jfc deserve any less than a standing ovation given their age and experience?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
disgusted with some of our fans tonight ! what was the booing about???

ok we lacked a bit of pace and width once kaz and buckley went off but they passed the ball really well and i think if we had scored once the kids come on then they would have grown in confidence ! for the likes of rodgers to come on and have the confidence to shot from where he did you great

I will be going to wrexham and i hope gus plays them all again.....win lose or draw its about the bigger picture and the experience they will get

Exactly this!!!!!!!!!!!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I can't be arsed to trawl through the whole thread but I agree 100% with the OP.

Yes we were made to look second best at times against a Wrexham side well up for it. However, we had a mix n match side out there today, some with very little experience. This is the FA Cup. Shocks happen. Far bigger shocks than us drawing at home to Wrexham. Anyone who booed off the team today is a disgrace! Among a few other choice descriptions!

Don't give me the old shit about "we pay our money" etc. Anyone who expected Wrexham to be a pushover today is deluded. Anyone who booed the team off today is seriously deluded. Like the idiot nearby to me who was slagging Barnes off the whole game then near the end shouted at the top of his voice: "I f***ing hate you Barnes"!

Nice support! We've drawn at home in the FA Cup to a decent team, not beaten by a bunch of cloggers from Shittown Rovers of the Northern Amateur Alliance or whatever!

Lazy posting granted but THIS

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
ALWAYS makes me chuckle in disbelief that people are surprised that we have a number of moronic 'fans'... It's always been the way. Those that booed today don't deserve the Amex and all it brings. Please don't come again you clueless individuals.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A warning to the boo boys:

Brighton manager Gus Poyet told BBC Sussex: "We learnt a lot from plenty of players, especially the young ones.

"We were in control in the last 20 minutes and it was a beautiful team to see play.

"We have another opportunity next week for the kids to play an important game. There's a chance the whole second team will play."

Defence splitting passes? what games have you been watching? Our only form of creativity this season has been to get the ball out wide and for nooney or kaz to put it in ! as we didn't have any wide men they had to get it down and play it which they tried but the movement (or lack of it) up top wasn't helping

That is my point. I WANT us to be playing those sort of passes, by disapointed we didnt do them this match I should have said disapointed we've not being doing them full stop and that it is something Gus should be thinking about us trying more. As soon as KLL and Buckley were off that wide option was virtually lost and we had two strikers playing out wide to receive the ball.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I booed at the end. Yes, I am a season ticket holder, yes I am in the North Stand & paid full price for my ticket.

For a team 2 1/2 divisions below us, who could have nicked it at the end, against the Albion, who still create little - I booed.

Is it our players or the way they are told to play? Possession football, is fine, but playing neat little triangular football in our own half with only a few minutes left on the clock is not going to win games.
I think that Gus has lost it. We were lucky against Southampton.

Gus I boo you.

And if others on NSC don't like it then tough.

We should give out free tickets or transport to those who go to Wrexham away

Not good enough!!!

.......I feel better now, that's off my chest

If you know anything about football, you would know passing the ball can win you games with only mins left. Look at barcelona, i have watched them loads of times be 1-0 down or drawing and they still play there way, passing the ball, no long balls. funny enough quite alot of time they get the goal.

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
Having read many of these posts on the booing and saying people are idiots, I think that is a bit harsh as yes we go to support the team but I for one although not booing the team was shouting at them for getting at Wrexham a bit more.

I was personally very disappointed at todays performance and it is irrelavant that we had 6 development players on the pitch as they should themselves be good enough for League 1 standard never mind non league.. I felt we hardly looked like scoring and apart from the first minute when Lua Lua went close we were in my opinion out played. Ironically it was mainly the senior players who looked out of depth and I thought Vincelot and also Calderon often looked very rusty and appreciate they have been injured etc but our lack of creativity concerns me greatly. The first half with chances on their goal were scarce and if any team looked like scoring it was Wrexham and we should certainly have a look at their number 7 as he looked a real handful.

One good thing I must say is that Brezovan looked very strong in goal and took some horrible deep crosses very well and I was pleased to see him get some confidence back as looking like a decent goalie again.

All in all I had hoped for a better performance to show our new fans coming today how much we had improved but I dont think it will do much to encourage them. I just feel that people are entitled to give their opinion and I must have been at a different game when Gus said it was like a dream team for the last 20 minutes.

Anyhow hope we can get behind the team for Saturday and gutted about Lua Lua as his injury was the turning point as he looked like the only real threat along with Forster Caskey.

Fingers crossed for a good draw tomorrow and was great to see so many Wrexham fans having a beer at the end of the game.

Anyhow please lets stop this dig at the moaners and booers and lets move forward.

Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here